It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Has anyone figured out what Vladimir Putin's goal is yet?

He's cleaning house before the real conflict begins, figuring out who is actually loyal to Russia.

The real players in this global game of conflict haven't yet seen the need to show themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Did I read correctly earlier that Ukraine is no longer getting the aircraft ?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Standoff might be true, for now, but you gotta wonder why Putin is holding back when he could obliterate the place (at some cost, obviously). He didn't have much trouble in Syria leaving a wasteland. It's also possible that what he said about just wanting to eliminate the military might be partially true. Can't be all true, cause civilian targets have been hit. The question of who hit them is still disputed- some claiming it to be Ukrainians doing the residential shelling. In a place a corrupt as Ukraine though, I wouldn't put it past them to get international sympathy/money/arms. I mean this is kind of like the mob fighting the mob, on a national scale.

One thing I will guarantee: Putin went into Ukraine with specific goals. It was The West who painted him as an adventurist and land grabber. Did we ever hear Putin say that was what he was up to? Nope. He said he was going to get rid of the Nazis running about freely in The Ukraine.

The guy's pissed about the Ukranians continuous disruption and theft of Russia's piped-through energy resources. He's sick and tired of the US Democrat's energy tariffs (on what does get through) and the shutdown of Nordstream2 before it ever even got off the ground.

Anything else we've got are guesses. I think the propaganda (fake news/fake everything) coming from the lips of the Ukrainian side and supporters has been amply and repeatedly debunked right here on ATS.

My bottom line: If Putin went there to do what Westerners are saying, we'd definitely be looking at outcomes different from those that are readily apparent. I'm still not seeing the damage I would expect from a full-scale military invasion. Nor am I hearing anything about Russia massing subsequent waves of forces.

My best guess: We'll have to continue listening to lies for another couple of weeks ... and then ... mysteriously ... The Ukraine will give in to everything Putin went there to achieve. Energy will start flowing back into Germany to make up for their dumbasses shutting down their nuclear power-plants, COVID will be cheerfully put back into the left's bag'o tricks, the Elites will have a few green-laughs and a couple of dollar bills will pass from hand-to-hand to cover the bets lost, ... and we'll all go back to the drudgery of our little lives.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: Xcathdra

5,840 killed or injured Russians is a pretty exact number. Ukraine Hospitals are keeping track?

I think there MoD / Internal security. But with all wars we wont know specifics until the war has been over with for 10 years.

Exactly matches what I posted 24 hours ago with notice that the public numbers were going to be delayed by roughly 24 hours.

This is almost certainly those web site numbers.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles

The second batch. They already got 70 mig 29 / su 25. The second batch from Poland and Hungary are off the table now.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:48 AM
link   

There were some deceptionings.

Intentionally.

Still are.

No other comment on this for now.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The second batch. They already got 70 mig 29 / su 25. The second batch from Poland and Hungary are off the table now.

Zelinsky asked folks to not discuss this for a while.

I assume that means us as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

It worked for Turkey and closing the straights to Russian military vessels. Maybe he thought it woulkd work a second time. The other concerning thought is it was a ploy to drag NATO into this.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Agreed.

I actually think that this is exactly why the U.S. is bringing up the rear on certain types of donations and actions.

Putin made threats.

We said "You can't nuke us all".

We need it to be planet earth vs putin.

Not USA vs russia.

Best chance to keep all the nukes parked wherever they are.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wait, this might be making more sense to me now. He is destroying Kharkiv systematically to show Kyiv what is coming- and perhaps giving them a chance to surrender. He's waiting for the pics and videos to disseminate in media nice and thoroughly while ratcheting up the civilian attacks with each passing hour. I still can't grasp him being so stupid as to run out of fuel. KGB, remember? They gotta know to plan for contingencies. Now I might be wrong, for sure... maybe they are really trapped, or are they? After all, outside Kyiv is now their front line. Behind them is occupied territory. And that means resupply if really needed, could be provided. At least it would seem so to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I would say the truth lies somewhere between the view of "Putin so wickedly intelligent" and "invasion is a bust".

For certain, the Russians have some options. But as to which options get exercised may depend on things we won't know much about, like maneuvers of power players in Moscow.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I disagree we need to let Ukraine and Russia work this out Alone...

Where has all the World Outcry and demonising been for the last 8 years about the Donbass Region.....

As i thought nada , doesn't fit the agenda...

Stay safe

Riouz

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka

He's cleaning house before the real conflict begins, figuring out who is actually loyal to Russia.

The real players in this global game of conflict haven't yet seen the need to show themselves.

Thanks. It would relieve the tension associated with "not knowing", if Putin were to state what his end goal is with this particular aggression.

link   

To rebuild the Russian Empire while demanding other nations kiss his ass.

I've heard it was all do to miscommunication:

PUTIN: Should I pursue this campaign against Ukraine?

ORACLE OF DELPHI: Should you send an army against the Ukrainians, you will destroy a great empire.

PUTIN: haha nice

Also, on the latest news:

link   
a reply to: Riouz5

The world was pretty loud on demanding Russia leave Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz5

I disagree we need to let Ukraine and Russia work this out Alone...

Where has all the World Outcry and demonising been for the last 8 years about the Donbass Region.....

As i thought nada , doesn't fit the agenda...

Stay safe

Riouz

Totally spot on

All this taking sides through lapping up the propaganda is seriously concerning. Reminds one of the will to wage war in 1914.

We are watching one state run mafia taking on another state run mafia. Thee slav nations are all bent as muck. Let em fight it out alone and keep western people and military lads alive, safe and looking after their own

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm this -

3 Russian armored battalions destroyed by special aircrafts on Kherson border.

Special aircraft were drones - Bayraktar TB2
edit on 2-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Can anyone confirm this -

3 Russian armored battalions destroyed by special aircrafts on Kherson border.

Special aircraft were drones - Bayraktar TB2

I can confirm that I saw it elsewhere, but not that it's accurate.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

Sounds like this guy has it good down on paper, but that is NOT what is happening. Civilian structures and residential areas both have been mercilessly been shelled and destroyed. Civilians killed including children, hundreds more wounded. It just hasn't happened as much yet in Kyiv. Drop that guy in Kharkiv for a day and let him look around. Then we'll see what he says. That's if he can pick his jaws up off the floor first. Yappy jaws... everyone's got some.

and you think ukrainians aren't killing their own why exactly?

they've been doing just that for the past couple of years.

but back then media was silent about it, because they didn't have a scapegoat.
edit on 2/3/2022 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join