It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

There's quite a few British based Ukrainians heading off over the Ukraine.
Some are military trained, some aren't.

There also reports of non-Ukrainian Brits offering to serve in one way or another.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Just ask them for a ride you're familiar with, I'm sure we can get someone to donate one to Ukraine for you.

(A few obvious exclusions of course)

Watch for the crazy guy riding into Kiev in an old LAV painted fire engine red with 25mm welded to the roof.

That's me.

Send a wing wave.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Watch for the crazy guy riding into Kiev in an old LAV painted fire engine red with 25mm welded to the roof.

That's me.

If this is true, if you can PM me with a name and some contact info they can rely on, I will send those friends of mine your way who are wishing to get back into the fight

Feel free to PM

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

There's quite a few British based Ukrainians heading off over the Ukraine.
Some are military trained, some aren't.

There also reports of non-Ukrainian Brits offering to serve in one way or another.

www.bbc.co.uk...

hm... maybe it depends on the country you are from then? Or who you are asking.....
Lot's of ppl heading over there without signing up first as well

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Zelinsky just waived all visa and passport requirements for anyone on the planet who wants to kick some russian peace.

Said anyone with skills will be immediately armed for the russian killing if you can make it to Ukraine.

Again this is NOT true........hell I have 4 of my buddies from my time in the Corps trying to go in and fight and they aren't being allowed

You scream about other peoples propaganda then post continually things that aren't true

This JUST happened in the last hour.

Zelinsky announced it himself on camera.

Said he just fired some ambassadors for preventing folks from coming.

Said the ambassadors will be tried for treason.

It's really on, call your buddies.

Tell them Zelinsky sent a personal invitation and fired the embassy idiots.

Not kidding, you should be able to find it online soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Ukraine has waived visa requirements for foreigners who want to come to the country to fight the Russian troops.

In a statement on his website, the president said: “Anyone who wants to join the defence of Ukraine, Europe, and the world can come and fight side by side with the Ukrainians against the Russian war criminals.”

The president had earlier at a press briefing on Saturday invited foreigners to come to Ukraine.
“Every friend of Ukraine who wants to join Ukraine in defending the country, please come over. We will give you weapons,” Mr Zelensky said

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Anyone got info on the 40 mile convoy . I read there is another thread for it but can’t find it ( sorry)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

No info, but they must be stationary because, according to the news this morning, the convoy has not advanced any closer than they were when I went to sleep last night. Media info is based off of current satellite images.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

That's me.

If this is true, if you can PM me with a name and some contact info they can rely on, I will send those friends of mine your way who are wishing to get back into the fight

Feel free to PM

I thought the 'fire engine red' might give it away as a humor attempt, I have a REALLY dry sense humor.

I'll try to be more obvious next time.

I'm not going anywhere.

Too old.

Not dumb enough to ride a parade vehicle into a war zone anyway.

So I do what I can from here.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
a reply to: da pickles

No info, but they must be stationary because, according to the news this morning, the convoy has not advanced any closer than they were when I went to sleep last night. Media info is based off of current satellite images.

Seems like a complete media blackout in that region from both sides for quite a while now.

A LOT going on there.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
btw, new info coming in real quick on this channel so posting it here as well

edit on 1-3-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   

• Explosions renewed in Kharkiv

• Security Service of Ukraine showing video of captured Russian soldier: "we were told Zelensky has already capitulated and we need just to drive to Kyiv"

• The Russian Army is now even abandoning its most capable SAM systems (Tor-M2) in the field. These systems are meant to protect Russian troops from drone attacks

• Bomber targeted 5-storey apartment block at Novobavarsky avenue in Kharkiv, there are multiple casualties

• Aircraft dropped bomb on elevation equipment plant in Kharkiv

• President Zelensky addressing European Parliament. Standing ovations

• Abandoned with full ammunition Russian SPTRK 9K114 Shturm-S

• Indian student killed today in Kharkiv as result of shelling

• Ukraine immediately recalls ambassador from Georgia for obstacles to volunteers who want to help us and not support sanctions and recalls ambassador from Kyrgyzstan for justifying aggression - Zelensky

• President Zelensky: missile strike on central square of Kharkiv is open, non-covered terrorism. Russia is a terrorist-state

• I am convinced more than ever Putin will fail - UK PM @BorisJohnson in Warsaw after talks with Poland's PM @MorawieckiM

Source: liveuamap.com... (refresh if the page doesn't load)
edit on 1-3-2022 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Long lines at Russia’s ATMs as bank run begins — with more pain to come

A run on Russian banks is underway.

Russia’s ruble dropped dramatically in Monday’s trading on the news of unprecedented sanctions levied on Moscow by the EU and U.S. for its invasion of Ukraine.

Lines at ATMs snaked down sidewalks and around buildings in Moscow and at Russian banks in Europe as depositors rushed to withdraw cash. Sberbank Europe, which is owned by Russia’s state-run Sberbank, says it has experienced “significant outflows of deposits in a very short time.”

Russia’s central bank announced it would more than double its key interest rate from 9.5% to an eye-watering 20% in an attempt to stabilize the ruble, which dropped as much as 30% against the dollar, an all-time low, trading at 119 to the greenback. The currency pared some gains later in the day, but was still trading 20% lower than the previous market close at 103 to the dollar just before 10 p.m. in Moscow. The ruble is down 28% year-to-date.

The central bank also introduced some capital controls to limit how much money could escape the country, as its governor Elvira Nabiullina said that sanctions had prevented it from being able to sell its foreign currency to shore up the sinking ruble.

“This is a full-fledged bank run that’s already underway,” Maximilian Hess, a Russian economy expert and fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute, told CNBC. “Effective 4 a.m. this morning, announced at midnight, the central bank of Russia has put in capital controls as well. So that’s stopped it from being as bad as it necessarily could be,” he said.

This will have two effects. Those who lament and blame Putin for putting them in this position, and those who blame the countries for the sanctions based on things out of the general population's control.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
"Economic wars quite often turn into real ones," former Russian President Medvedev says

Former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has lashed out against remarks by French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire, who earlier said that France was waging an economic war against Russia over its invasion of Ukraine.

“Watch your tongue, gentlemen,” Medvedev, who is the current deputy Chairman of Russia’s Security Council tweeted on Tuesday. “Don’t forget that in human history, economic wars quite often turned into real ones.”

Earlier on Monday, Le Maire said in an interview with French broadcaster FranceInfo that his country and the EU would “launch total economic and financial war against Russia.”

Seems like words are enough to get Putin to raise the readiness levels of the deterrent forces of Russia, so perhaps Medvedev means exactly what he says.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

Well, to be fair it wasn't Putin who actually said it, there are lots of times where people in power in a Governmental position speak against what their leaders wishes or thought processes are.

I just happen to believe in this case though, Putin has flung himself off the deep end and gone full blown mad. If Putin is indeed mentally fragile or worse in a rapid state of declining health, he may believe he has absolutely nothing to lose.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Russian military warns of strikes against facilities in Kyiv, according to statement via state media

The Russian military said Tuesday it will carry out strikes against the facilities in Kyiv, warning civilians living near the areas to leave.

The Russians will target the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) and the 72nd Main Center for Information and Psychological Operations (PSO) in Kyiv, the Russian defense ministry said in a statement Tuesday via Russian state news agency TASS.

"In order to suppress information attacks against Russia, the technological facilities of the SBU and the 72nd main PSO center in Kyiv will be hit with high-precision weapons," the statement said, according to TASS. "We call on Ukrainian citizens attracted by Ukrainian nationalists to carry out provocations against Russia, as well as residents of Kyiv living near relay nodes leave their homes."

Speaking about the "relay nodes," CNN's Clarissa Ward said, "we understand that to mean communications towers. So large antennas, things of that nature."

"This is not a surprise in a sense that people here have been bracing themselves for an uptick in the Russian onslaught. Up until now, most attacks have really been targeting the outskirts of the city. But now it appears that things will move to the center of the capital as so many had feared," Ward said.
(bold emphasis mine)

This won't end well, even with the heads up.

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join