It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   
* - 2 killed, 3 wounded as result of strike on 5-storey dormitory in Vasylkiv

* - At least 6 injured in a Russian army strike in central Kharkiv. Among them — one child, rescuers say.

* - Ukrainian army captured Russian soldiers near Kharkiv

* - Russian helicopters targeted in Kyiv region
edit on 1-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Riouz5

I no longer believe they get Crimea or the base, and I know exactly how crazy that is.

And exactly what it means for Russia.

Russia screwed up THAT bad.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Fox just announced ICC has opened a war crimes investigation about what I've been reporting that russia did in Kharkiv.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Fox just announced ICC has opened a war crimes investigation about what I've been reporting that russia did in Kharkiv.

Thats going to be interesting considering Ukraine has signed to be a part of the ICC but has not ratified it (a requirement) and Russia is not subject to it as it removed itself completely some time back.

Russia and the US are the same in that regard. We withdrew completely (it actually violated our Constitution)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Thats going to be interesting considering Ukraine has signed to be a part of the ICC but has not ratified it (a requirement) and Russia is not subject to it as it removed itself completely some time back.

Russia and the US are the same in that regard. We withdrew completely (it actually violated our Constitution)

I didn't know russia and Ukraine weren't part of that international crap, just assumed everyone except us was involved.

So why is the planet always so angry that we refused to play?

I wonder if ICC had anything to do with Zelinsky suddenly applying for EU membership around 12 hours ago?

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Because people do not understand how our Constitution works. They just assume Americans are being ass hats by not participating when in reality it violates our constitution, especially considering the ICC is quasi civil quasi criminal rolled into one. Our Miranda warnings are essential the same for the ICC - innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, right to know charges, right to have a lawyer, even if you cant afford one.

Some of the issues: The ICC has different standards when it comes to the admissibility of hear say evidence, it allows without question video testimony, particularly for witnesses / confidential info, it allows victims to present their opinions in court, they dont have a system to subpoena anyone, etc etc.

Its a good idea but violates our constitution in several areas of criminal law.

As for the emergency app for the EU - a nation does not have to belong to the EU to be a member of the ICC. The EU as an entity doesnt really have anything to do with the ICC. Its more of a UN thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Source added that roughly 100 Kharkiv Kids were killed when russia carpet bombed the city of 1.5 million for 3+ hours cuz they had feelz.

Almost everyone was deep underground or could have been over 250k dead today.

It appears that russia had already given up on taking the city.

But had feelz and decided to destroy it.

msm is starting to confirm some small parts of this now.

Unfortunately, many of those killed were very young Recon Kids.

Didn't hurt the defenders one bit, but extinguished some precious young lives.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Good idea for anyone that wants to play that.

I don't.

I don't think ICC is going to have any difficulty acquiring solid evidence on this one.

Some of it is on video, and cluster bomb duds were found in residential neighborhoods.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Yeah Ukraine's main cities are pretty large - a million plus in population. Russia will do to Ukraine the same they did with Chechnya. encircle the city and then level it with rockets and artillery until the population gives up.

In my opinion, even though it worked in Chechnya, I dont think it will work in Ukraine. If anything I think it will piss the people off even more. Apparently Russia has forgotten Stalingrad / Leningrad from WW2, when Nazi Germany tried that.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Good idea for anyone that wants to play that.

I don't.

I don't think ICC is going to have any difficulty acquiring solid evidence on this one.

Some of it is on video, and cluster bomb duds were found in residential neighborhoods.

Well unless im misreading the prosecution requirements for the ICC, they dont have jurisdiction. They can try using the universal jurisdiction bs they added to the Rome statutes but I dont think it will fly.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Apparantly russia didn't realize that Ukrainians had been secretly digging deeper for the last 8 years.

Ukraine shocked EVERYONE with how well they were prepared.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Oh well, maybe they can at least make some PR trouble for a while.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   
* - Warsaw - Poland's PM @morawieckim meets UK PM @BorisJohnson - they'll discuss strenghtening NATO eastern flank & humanitarian aid to Ukraine

* - Russian military convoy was destroyed at Zhitomir highway

* - Russian military column entered Kherson, targeting civilian buildings

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Oh well, maybe they can at least make some PR trouble for a while.

I am not an expert in international law nor the ICC. If Ukraine is using them and the ICC opened an investigation then they know something that I dont.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   
* - U.S. has seen some indications that Russia's Wagner group could be involved in Ukraine conflict - U.S. official

From wikipedia

The Wagner Group (Russian: Группа Вагнера, romanized: Gruppa Vagnera), also known as PMC Wagner, ChVK Wagner (ChVK being the Russian abbreviation for Private Military Company[34]), or CHVK Vagner (ЧВК Вагнера ChVK Vagnera, Частная Военная Компания Вагнера), is a Russian paramilitary organization. Some have described it as a private military company (or private military contracting agency), whose contractors have reportedly taken part in various conflicts, including operations in the Syrian civil war on the side of the Syrian government as well as, from 2014 until 2015, in the war in Donbas in Ukraine ( Civilized European country) aiding the separatist forces of the self-declared Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics.

Others, including reports in The New York Times, are of the opinion that ChVK Wagner is an arms-length unit of the Russian Ministry of Defence (MoD) and/or the GRU[35] in disguise, which is used by the Russian government in conflicts where deniability is called for, as its forces are trained on MoD installations. It is believed to be owned by Yevgeny Prigozhin, a businessman with close links to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
* - Air raid sirens in Rivne. Residents should head to the nearest shelter

* - Canada plans to supply Ukraine with anti-tank weapons and bans Russian oil imports

* - Clashes at Textilny near Epicentr in Kherson

* - Russian military vehicles were destroyed near Borodyanka, Kyiv region

* - Russia targeted central Kharkiv with ballistic missile

* - Damage in Kharkiv state administration after missile strike

* - Shelling targeting Kanatovo in Kirovohrad region

* - Commander of territorial defense group North reports that Belarusian troops crossed the border in Chernihiv region

* - Kherson is under attack. A large number of the Russian invaders entered the city in the morning. The video is provided by locals. According to the latest news, at least one residential building was destroyed. Number of casualties is under investigation

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hong Kong economist on GB News this morning. Pretty interesting wht she was stating as consequences..........

Expect new Arabs Spring all over ME and North Africa due to the sanctions and wars.

Apparently those regions are massive markets for Ruskie and Ukraine foods like wheats and barleys and the prices to them are going to go through the roof.

Last Spring revolutions were caused by food price spikes.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

In my opinion, even though it worked in Chechnya, I dont think it will work in Ukraine. If anything I think it will piss the people off even more. Apparently Russia has forgotten Stalingrad / Leningrad from WW2, when Nazi Germany tried that.

You may well be right that it won't work. At the same time what if we are looking at a general act of ethnic cleansing of Ukraine?

What better way of Russifying it than literally killing or chasing out the locals with fear.

It may be very 1945 in its approach yet it works and could be on Vlad's mind today.

One look at Breslau or Danzig for the resident population of 1942 and how this cities dynamics were totally changed by Stalin and you get what might just be on Putins mind

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Hong Kong economist on GB News this morning. Pretty interesting wht she was stating as consequences..........

Expect new Arabs Spring all over ME and North Africa due to the sanctions and wars.

Apparently those regions are massive markets for Ruskie and Ukraine foods like wheats and barleys and the prices to them are going to go through the roof.

Last Spring revolutions were caused by food price spikes.

We will certainly face challenges, but no food wars are in our future.

We were already feeding ourselves and most of the world's poorest countries, recently started feeding china after their weapons lab accident, and STILL have enough for everyone the russians used to supply.

Seriously.

Food scarcity is NOT going to be a problem, the U.S. can produce more than enough for everyone.

And still have plenty to waste in the most decadent of ways.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Wasn't the Syrian rev about food prices?

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join