It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Ukraine has a population of +/- 45 million. I think people would notice that kind of genocide. and unlike the 1940's it would be televised every day around the globe. I doubt Russians want to be linked to that.

edit on 1-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: Xcathdra

Oh well, maybe they can at least make some PR trouble for a while.

I am not an expert in international law nor the ICC. If Ukraine is using them and the ICC opened an investigation then they know something that I dont.

Or maybe just fox being fox.

Doesn't really matter right now, but more PR issues for putin would be great

Pile it all on.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   
* - Russian tank moving near Bobrovytsia, Chernihiv region

* - Russian occupation troops in Kupyansk

* - President Zelensky: missile strike on central square of Kharkiv is open, non-covered terrorism. Russia is a terrorist-state

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   

* - U.S. has seen some indications that Russia's Wagner group could be involved in Ukraine conflict - U.S. official

From wikipedia

The Wagner Group (Russian: Группа Вагнера, romanized: Gruppa Vagnera), also known as PMC Wagner, ChVK Wagner (ChVK being the Russian abbreviation for Private Military Company[34]), or CHVK Vagner (ЧВК Вагнера ChVK Vagnera, Частная Военная Компания Вагнера), is a Russian paramilitary organization. Some have described it as a private military company (or private military contracting agency), whose contractors have reportedly taken part in various conflicts, including operations in the Syrian civil war on the side of the Syrian government as well as, from 2014 until 2015, in the war in Donbas in Ukraine ( Civilized European country) aiding the separatist forces of the self-declared Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics.

Others, including reports in The New York Times, are of the opinion that ChVK Wagner is an arms-length unit of the Russian Ministry of Defence (MoD) and/or the GRU[35] in disguise, which is used by the Russian government in conflicts where deniability is called for, as its forces are trained on MoD installations. It is believed to be owned by Yevgeny Prigozhin, a businessman with close links to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

This is very interesting. You always have to look where the profit goes. Everybody's talking about Putin's insanity and the idea to rebuild Soviet Union. What if Putin and his ego were used to make multimillions by somebody who will never appear in a picture themselves.

I bet it is not that hard to push him into the war when he is in a bubble of his 'yes' men tripping on their medals.

Some food for thought here.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Dow and Nasdaq just announced that they will ban any listed company from doing any business in rubles, immediately delisted several firms with russia connections, and warned to expect further russia related announcements without notice.

Capitalism just cancelled russia.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Wasn't the Syrian rev about food prices?

No.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Russia will do to Ukraine the same they did with Chechnya. encircle the city and then level it with rockets and artillery until the population gives up.

Two very different places. Two very different peoples.

I wouldn't put leveling a city past Putin, but I think he'd run most of the citizens out first. Not hard to do if you cut off essential services and lines of supply. Most people capitulate before they've missed 9 meals.

That daily traffic continues running on the streets speaks volumes.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

For sure.. The other thing noted is "private armies" or something similar is prohibited under Russian law. However this group can operate and in the open.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The problem I am seeing is the Ukrainians level of resistance. Even Ukrainian civilians are openly fighting the Russians/Chechens/Belarus. Humanitarian aid is on the way, even if Russia tries to level the cities I dont thunk its going to do anything but piss Ukrainians off even more.

The other thing I find interesting is how the EU all of a sudden founds its balls and spine. It does seem like some unknown force is pulling everyone's strings and in such a way all the countries blame each other.
edit on 1-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Ukraine has a population of +/- 45 million. I think people would notice that kind of genocide. and unlike the 1940's it would be televised every day around the globe. I doubt Russians want to be linked to that.

With Putin right jow anything's possible. The Mongols have been moving the population westwoods for 1000 years. Why they stop now?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

The problem I am seeing is the Ukrainians level of resistance. Even Ukrainian civilians are openly fighting the Russians/Chechens/Belarus. Humanitarian aid is on the way, even if Russia tries to level the cities I dont thunk its going to do anything but piss Ukrainians off even more.

The other thing I find interesting is how the EU all of a sudden founds its balls and spine. It does seem like some unknown force is pulling everyone's strings and in such a way all the countries blame each other.

I see exactly the same thing.

Not an ounce of quit in any of them.

For better or worse, Ukraine is not going to stop fighting until every russian goes back to russia.

Whatever the cost.

However long it takes.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

With Putin right jow anything's possible. The Mongols have been moving the population westwoods for 1000 years. Why they stop now?

Because in the late 1200 early 1300 they made it to central Europe and got stomped and ran home courtesy of the Poles, Hungarians and other "christian army groups".

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   
* - Ukraine immediately recalls ambassador from Georgia for obstacles to volunteers who want to help us and not support sanctions and recalls ambassador from Kyrgyzstan for justifying aggression - Zelensky

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Thats odd... 2 military flights over Estonia, opposite sides of the country with the exact same callsigns. Odder still is Estonia does not have an airforce as NATO takes care of that.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Ukranian pilots JUST picked up 70 fully armed Mig 29s in friendly countries!

70 !!!

Now safely back inside Ukrainian airspace.

All 70 !!!

The Ukrainian Airforce is back baby!

Go get that convoy boys!

Godspeed.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Ukraine says its pilots are in Poland picking up donated MiG-29 fighter jets. Poland isn't commenting.

European Union foreign policy chief Josep Burrell said Sunday that individual EU countries had agreed to donate Soviet-era fighter jets to Ukraine to help it defend itself against Russia's invasion, and Ukraine's parliament said Monday that Bulgaria, Poland, and Slovakia had agreed to give the country more than 70 MiG-29s and Su-25s. A Ukrainian government official told Politico Monday that Ukrainian pilots were already in Poland to start the process of taking control of the 28 MiG-29s they are expecting to be donated. (Joseph Trevithick at The Drive explains why he's skeptical.)

"The potential transfer of older Russian-made planes to be used in combat against Russian forces could be the most significant moment yet in a wave of promised arms transfers over the past 24 hours that includes thousands of anti-armor rockets, machine guns, artillery, and other equipment," Politico reports. But representatives from Poland and Slovakia did not respond to Politico's request for confirmation and Bulgarian Prime Minister Kiril Petkov said Monday he had rejected Ukraine's request for fighter jets.

Other Western countries have promised to send anti-tank weapons and other lethal armaments to Ukraine, including Germany and, it was announced Monday, Finland, Sweden, Australia, and Canada. "President Zelensky said: 'Don't give me a ride, give me ammunition,' and that's exactly what the Australian government has agreed to do," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Tuesday in announcing that the "overwhelming majority" Australia's $50 million in aid will now "be in the lethal category."

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Sometimes, many times, we are faster than msm.

ATS is amazing that way.

Always has been.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Ukraine says its pilots are in Poland picking up donated MiG-29 fighter jets. Poland isn't commenting.

European Union foreign policy chief Josep Burrell said Sunday that individual EU countries had agreed to donate Soviet-era fighter jets to Ukraine to help it defend itself against Russia's invasion, and Ukraine's parliament said Monday that Bulgaria, Poland, and Slovakia had agreed to give the country more than 70 MiG-29s and Su-25s. A Ukrainian government official told Politico Monday that Ukrainian pilots were already in Poland to start the process of taking control of the 28 MiG-29s they are expecting to be donated. (Joseph Trevithick at The Drive explains why he's skeptical.)

"The potential transfer of older Russian-made planes to be used in combat against Russian forces could be the most significant moment yet in a wave of promised arms transfers over the past 24 hours that includes thousands of anti-armor rockets, machine guns, artillery, and other equipment," Politico reports. But representatives from Poland and Slovakia did not respond to Politico's request for confirmation and Bulgarian Prime Minister Kiril Petkov said Monday he had rejected Ukraine's request for fighter jets.

Other Western countries have promised to send anti-tank weapons and other lethal armaments to Ukraine, including Germany and, it was announced Monday, Finland, Sweden, Australia, and Canada. "President Zelensky said: 'Don't give me a ride, give me ammunition,' and that's exactly what the Australian government has agreed to do," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Tuesday in announcing that the "overwhelming majority" Australia's $50 million in aid will now "be in the lethal category."

Soviet-era?. Poor bastards won't stand a chance. They'll probably be picked off by missiles or drones once they enter Ukrainian airspace

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Ukrainians were preparing for the mad dash into Ukrainian airspace with their new planes.

NOBODY expected all 70 to make it, this is incredible !!!

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:30 AM
link   

You would hope so. China has a population of 1.4 billion, but has managed to undertake a largely "hidden" genocide of the Uyghurs, and God help Tibetan culture et al.

No telling what the authoritarian Russia will do, noting their policy is usually to throw non-Russians out, as per Crimea and Georgia, to name a couple of recent examples.

new topics

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join