It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is supposed to be a live updated map of the fighting and control of the area.
Does not look good for Kyiv.

Live Map

Russian forces moving in from the north west, supported by the Belarus forces on the north east.
edit on 1/3/22 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Ukraine says its pilots are in Poland picking up donated MiG-29 fighter jets. Poland isn't commenting.

European Union foreign policy chief Josep Burrell said Sunday that individual EU countries had agreed to donate Soviet-era fighter jets to Ukraine to help it defend itself against Russia's invasion, and Ukraine's parliament said Monday that Bulgaria, Poland, and Slovakia had agreed to give the country more than 70 MiG-29s and Su-25s. A Ukrainian government official told Politico Monday that Ukrainian pilots were already in Poland to start the process of taking control of the 28 MiG-29s they are expecting to be donated. (Joseph Trevithick at The Drive explains why he's skeptical.)

"The potential transfer of older Russian-made planes to be used in combat against Russian forces could be the most significant moment yet in a wave of promised arms transfers over the past 24 hours that includes thousands of anti-armor rockets, machine guns, artillery, and other equipment," Politico reports. But representatives from Poland and Slovakia did not respond to Politico's request for confirmation and Bulgarian Prime Minister Kiril Petkov said Monday he had rejected Ukraine's request for fighter jets.

Other Western countries have promised to send anti-tank weapons and other lethal armaments to Ukraine, including Germany and, it was announced Monday, Finland, Sweden, Australia, and Canada. "President Zelensky said: 'Don't give me a ride, give me ammunition,' and that's exactly what the Australian government has agreed to do," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Tuesday in announcing that the "overwhelming majority" Australia's $50 million in aid will now "be in the lethal category."

Soviet-era?. Poor bastards won't stand a chance. They'll probably be picked off by missiles or drones once they enter Ukrainian airspace

They're only needed for the single sortie.

Pilots know the odds.

Were expecting to lose up to half their numbers just entering Ukraine.

They lost none.

Landing gear is just unnecessary weight now.

Pilots have no intention of ever landing them.

There aren't any undamaged runways or highways to land on anyway, russians already took care of that.

Russians in that convoy should immediately abandon all vehicles where they are and start walking back to Belarus.

RIGHT NOW.

Last warning guys.

See your family again or not, we don't care.

It's entirely your choice.

The entire Ukrainian Air Force is coming to say hello in their recently acquired russian jets.

They appear to mean business.

Don't mind the 1500 Javelins on your flanks, they only want your vehicles.

The 1800 Stingers are for the helicopters you parked in Belarus, they aren't coming to save you.

Suggest you start walking.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Ukraine has a population of +/- 45 million. I think people would notice that kind of genocide. and unlike the 1940's it would be televised every day around the globe. I doubt Russians want to be linked to that.

With Putin right jow anything's possible. The Mongols have been moving the population westwoods for 1000 years. Why they stop now?

Because in the late 1200 early 1300 they made it to central Europe and got stomped and ran home courtesy of the Poles, Hungarians and other "christian army groups".

"Russia - Mongols Mongol Impact on Russia a relatively new civilization at the time (Strayer 313-40) Mongols destroyed any political unity Kieva city had. Devastation exceeded all other conquests Batu (grandson) and Golden Horde conquered Russia in 1236 Tartars (Russian name for Mongols) destroyed Kiev"

Russia or Mongol what the difference?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   
* - Indian student killed today in Kharkiv as result of shelling

* - Abandoned with full ammunition Russian SPTRK 9K114 Shturm-S

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
This is supposed to be a live updated map of the fighting and control of the area.
Does not look good for Kyiv.

Live Map

Russian forces moving in from the north west, supported by the Belarus forces on the north east.

Looks like Kherson is about to be lost to the Russians......

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Russia lost Moscow to the Mongols. Tartars are not Asian. They were incorporated into the Mongol empire though and it took Central Europe to stop the Mongol invasion of Europe.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Lots of strange filthy patterns going on . I was watching a drone last night but we’ll inside the polish border . Lots of tankers operating on Ukraine west boarder but the only aircraft I’ve seen refuel were a pair of euro fighters on patrol over south west border by the coast .
Wonder what else is up in the sky ?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Ukraine recalls ambassadors from Georgia, Kyrgyzstan. “We immediately recall the ambassador of Ukraine from Kyrgyzstan for supporting the Russian aggression, we immediately recall the ambassador from Georgia for obstructing the travels for volunteers willing to help Ukraine, for an immoral position towards sanctions,” said President Volodymyr Zelensky.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

Ive seen Rivet Joints, Some British flights out of there base at Cypress. I chalk most of it up to military jets that dont have there transponders / what else have you turned on.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

Georgia surprised me but Kyrgyzstan though did not. There are Russian units deployed to Kyrgyzstan after the protest happened in January/February. Georgia might be afraid that Russia would just finish taking over Georgia since Russia already annexed Abkhazia and South Ossetian.

(post by PatriotGames4u removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Seen river joints and similar aircraft ( much smaller and sorry can’t remember the name right now ) galaxy and a host of other heavy and medium lift . American , Royal Netherlands and polish .
Euro fighter patrols were sorties from Cyprus

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
* - President Zelensky addressing European Parliament. Standing ovations

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
* - Aircraft dropped bomb on elevation equipment plant in Kharkiv

* - Bomber targeted 5-storey apartment block at Novobavarsky avenue in Kharkiv, there are multiple casualties
edit on 1-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
any news on the convoy that is on it's way to Kiev? Or when it will arrive there?

edit: just saw there is another thread on this topic, i follow over there
edit on 1-3-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   
8 EU State Members call for fast track Ukraine into EU....

CNN

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Zelinsky just waived all visa and passport requirements for anyone on the planet who wants to kick some russian peace.

Said anyone with skills will be immediately armed for the russian killing if you can make it to Ukraine.

No questions asked.

Anyone without skills will be asked to help in support roles.

Our European cousins are gearing up for a road trip now.

We'll meet you there in 24 hours.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Are you talking about the international legion? Then where did you get that info?

Because I know of people (civilians, not army trained) who tried signing up yesterday and were denied because lack of training

edit on 1-3-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Zelinsky just waived all visa and passport requirements for anyone on the planet who wants to kick some russian peace.

Said anyone with skills will be immediately armed for the russian killing if you can make it to Ukraine.

No questions asked.

Anyone without skills will be asked to help in support roles.

Our European cousins are gearing up for a road trip now.

We'll meet you there in 24 hours.

I always wanted to fly a Fulcrum. Will they put English labels in the cockpit for me?

edit on 1-3-2022 by 38181 because: Weird

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join