It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Imhere

Actually the sanctions were a shock to Putin to do their breadth in terms of what they targeted. When Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014 he threatened the west when removal from SWIFT was talked about. This time his threats did not work. That action took half of Russias reserves they were going to use to prop up the ruble etc.

As far as Nukes go I do think Putin is insane enough to use battlefield nukes, especially if he starts to lose the war he3 started.

The West has already put statements out telling Russia to leave Ukraine - completely, including the 2 separatist areas as well as Crimea. They also said any gains made in this war will not be recognized.

Also that doesn’t make much sense. If Putins threats worked a mere couple years ago… but now it didn’t?

Putin isn’t an idiot. He had to take consideration doing this move in 2022 especially now going for the capital, (to secure, control or whatever reason) that the highest set of sanctions was possible.

I agree about Putin.

Imo, I always knew he wasn’t some guy to be F’d with. But didn’t think he’d go that far at the possibility. Now I’m really not underestimating him going in.

Maybe the sanctions will work to get him to pull back. Maybe that’s why on the live cams looking pretty tame like he’s not fully in there and looking like a war zone.

I don’t think for a second Putin and the Russian people will give up Crimea without their full extent of defending it.

Russia looks like they’re testing the water. And I’m not underestimating Putin having phases going forward or counters knowing in advancement..

“Pro Western” side are trying to make it seem Russia is weak and about to pack up shop

China wouldn’t let Russia in there I think unless this was premeditated between them.

This is calculated ahead of time. Just has to be.

Putin is not some gamer with his head set on and saying Invade!!

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Love wears out under the preasure of finances...

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Russia-Ukraine update:
twitter.com...

edit on amTuesdayTuesday21200000003am3 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Irishhaf

I think thats the frontal gameplan. Turn Russians agaonst Putin. Let em sort him out.

Thats largely going to be dependant upon how much suffering Russians go through.

Thats not going to work. Putin has a lot of love there. Probably find out soon he saved them from a bioweapon attack.... along with another country not to be named yet.

Ukrainians love putin so much that MILLIONS of them are sending back all their russian vodka.

On fire.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i hope this war ends soon,

it's screwing up all my tv shows with the constant updates and pundits commenting about putins water weight buildup. and bidens genius!

why does everything bad happen to me?!

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
Czech Republic: "For public support of Russia's actions, expressed online or in any other space -- you will face prison for 1 to 3 years. We monitor cases of online comments expressing support of Russia."

Slovakia: "For public support of Russia's actions, you may face up to 25 years in prison."

and that mentality from east European countries makes sense as they spent 50+ years under Soviet/Russian occupation. Just to be clear I am not saying I approve. I am merely saying, given their history, I can understand why they are doing it.

Thats a good point. Czech Republic and Slovakia top dogs might be trying to guard against civil unrest. The penalties are pretty excessive though...25 years...sheesh. Lots of Arms manufacturing and Gov Contracts there as well to different countries. Best not to piss off your customers. I dont agree with it but I can see where they might be coming from.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

it's screwing up all my tv shows with the constant updates and pundits commenting about putins water weight buildup. and bidens genius!

Joy Bearhar??

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

Dont worry. You are not alone. I am right there with you. We will all get through this and go back to reading about Bigfoot, Mothman and Megladons before you know it. Relax and take comfort that the future is a bright one. Until then... one day at a time.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The conversations going around about Putin and his stability are interesting and some might have merit. He has been ruling Russia for the last 20+ years. There is thought/conversation that he has reached a point that he has become unhinged. He no longer listens to his advisors and has a weird romanticism about the past, specifically the Soviet era. I think his time with the KGB is a part of his issue. He inherited a country a shell of its former self. He discovered he no longer had the Soviet Union and that he cannot come to terms with it.

In 2014 his threats against the west when they were discussing Swift revolved around nuclear retaliation and that was enough for Europe / US to back of the SWIFT sanctions.

People say Putin is reacting to the west. This time around the west is reacting to putin and I dont think he grasps that (hence his recent nuclear saber rattling). If you think about what does Putin really have that concerns the west?

In my opinion nukes are all he has left and I think if he uses them its game over for him and millions of other people around the world.

He would go from Vlad the great to one of the most reviled figures in history.

Question is can his ego stand it? I dont think so.

As far as him pulling back I dont think he will entertain that. To come out with nothing short of victory would hasten his departure from being President. He has successfully placed himself into a no win situation unless he gets total victory and as of right now I am not seeing that as a feasible outcome for him.
edit on 28-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Nobody from nowhere can make millions disappear and reappear. "Account" to "account".

Billions? Not unless your name is Macafee or Gates.

Or you know, are the US govt.

Someone else is going to have to double-check butt here (past my bedtime, and I want a certain legal-in-our-state thing) I could have SWORN I read earlier today, pertaing to Putin's money, that he might legit be the wealthiest person on the planet after all, it's just obscured in creative ways for Reasons.

I do not doubt for one instant there's also a "black market" laundering equivilent for country coffers, too. Nobody said money going in had to be a computer transfer, after all.
Or that any sales of any valuable goods has to be Above Board.

Somebody's possibly taking a finacing page from terrorists, methinks.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Love wears out under the preasure of finances...

Not in my marriage. I gots me a good one!

Putin cares about Russians more than any leader they ever had. Most of the other KGB mutts ran to the mafia when Russia fell. He has Reagan/Trump like support there. I dont think I have ever met a Russian that didnt like Putin even in my country.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Mine either but I wont pretend that it isnt prevalent.

As I wont pretend fear = love

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   

The conversations going around about Putin and his stability are interesting and some might have merit. He has been ruling Russia for the last 20+ years. There is thought/conversation that he has reached a point that he has become unhinged. He no longer listens to his advisors and has a weird romanticism about the past, specifically the Soviet era. I think his time with the KGB is a part of his issue. He inherited a country a shell of its former self. He discovered he no longer had the Soviet Union and that he cannot come to terms with it.

In 2014 his threats against the west when they were discussing Swift revolved around nuclear retaliation and that was enough for Europe / US to back of the sever sanctions.

People say Putin is reacting to the west. This time around the west is reacting to putin and I dont think he grasps that (hence his recent nuclear saber rattling). If you think about what does Putin really have that concerns the west?

In my opinion nukes are all he has left and I think if he uses them its game over for him and millions of other people around the world.

He would go from Vlad the great to one of the most reviled figures in history.

Question is can his ego stand it? I dont think so.

As far as him pulling back I dont think he will entertain that. To come out with nothing short of victory would hasten his departure from being President. He has successfully placed himself into a no win situation unless he gets total victory and as of right now I am not seeing that as a feasible outcome for him.

Yeah It’s not just Putin, a lot of Russians think Crimea is very important obviously. That’s a fight to the death scenario.

You take Putin out, Russia isn’t going to give up Crimea. That will be worse than anything when you think about it.

This is a crazy situation anyway you look at it.

One thing is the capital but overwhelming Russian population isn’t going to support giving up Crimea.

It’s not just Putin obviously

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I agreed with you on this until 24 hours ago.

Maybe still negotiable if russians go home before doing what they have planned in Kiev.

Nobody's gonna care at all what ANY russians think about ANYTHING for at least a century after that happens.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I honestly dont believe Putin/Russia has the support of the people in Crimea that they think they do. If you get a new Russian leader he might sacrifice his grabs in Ukraine and turn inward to fix things gone by the wayside. Putin had and still has a lot of people that are still pisse4d about grabbing Crimea. Instead of fixing things in Russia millions had to be diverted to Crimea and that torqued a lot of people off.

Putin supposedly has a 79% approval rating and I dont believe that any more than I do of Biden getting 81 million votes in the US.
edit on 1-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Standing to applaud.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: jedi_hamster

If the EU/NATO was doing this in the middle east you wont be arrested for such things.

I can't speak for EU.

But nobody in the U.S. ever gets arrested for words or peaceful protest about ANYTHING.

Life is different here than in russia or russia's former slave states.

You should visit someday, I'll throw some decadent American steaks on the grill.

You bring the vodka.

arrested? probably not.

you just get beaten up by antifa.

We'll take care of our democrat problem in November.

Peacefully.

Stay away from democrat cities until then if democrats scare you, they don't bother us anywhere else.

You're gonna love my Star Wars originals.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Russia-Ukraine update:
www.youtube.com...
edit on amTuesdayTuesday21200000003am3 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I honestly dont believe Putin/Russia has the support of the people in Crimea that they think they do. If you get a new Russian leader he might sacrifice his grabs in Ukraine and turn inward to fix things gone by the wayside. Putin had and still has a lot of people that are still pisse4d about grabbing Crimea. Instead of fixing things in Russia millions had to be diverted to Crimea and that torqued a lot of people off.

Putin supposedly has a 79% approval rating and I dont believe that any more than I do of Biden getting 81 million votes in the US.

I can buy 79%. How much might be forced... I dont know. Probably a few percentage points in there. Russians are funny like that. Some dont like anyone ...period.

Blonde Babe on Fox just said Putin if not right and isolated because he doesnt use a cell phone or the internet. Funny stuff they spew sometimes.
edit on 1-3-2022 by agenda51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join