It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Almost seems like Americans are consumed with blood lust

When there is no one abroad to fight, they seethe and writhe and fight amongst themselves

Once more until a common enemy can unite them again
edit on 27-2-2022 by ADUB77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77
Almost seems like Americans are consumed with blood lust

When there is no one abroad to fight, they seethe and writhe and fight amongst themselves

Once more until a common enemy can unite them again

Hardly... if that were true we would all just kill each other. Lots of guns and ammo among the populace. Citizenry hates war and violence for the most part and wants the legal system to work. American citizenry are very peaceful. Corrupt government is another thing of course. Big country though. There are some dark spots. Its kind of a miracle that the populace hasnt gotten bloodthirsty with what has been done to them through many years. Should that ever change its going to be absolute hell. Probably wont last long though.

We dont like these proxy wars though. I dont care what kind of BS the news is shoveling.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Putin is the same person behind Russia's invasion of Georgia (2008) and Eastern Ukraine (2014). But the mainstream media and elements of the U.S. foreign policy have spent the last eight years among Alice and Wonderland. As a result, Putin's useful idiots did two things. First, they dismissed the threat posed by Putin and praised Obama's sanctions regime. Second, they embraced the Trump is a Russian agent fictional tale.

Welcome to the madness that helped to bring us closer to WW3.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Odd random thought, China is the deep dark behind Russias bad choice.

They convince russia to take the risk after convincing them they had their back, with the intent of getting Russia and the west to get stupid with each other.

That way China can make moves with less risk from the west interfering.

eta: Recovering from a hangover, sleep deprived so obviously holes but its the only direction my brain has been able to go and have this war make sense.

We all love to say China plays the long game, so why not get an old enemy to take out your newer enemies for you so then you only have to worry about the little fish around them.
edit on 27-2-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

anoter edit: The why, Putin gets his dream of putting the old soviet union together, while China gets to bleed the west before they make their moves in SE asia once the bleeding is done.
and both sets of primary competitors in a much weaker state physically as well as economically.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Flimsy reports of fighter jets from Belarus entering the conflict
edit on pmSundaySunday21000000002pm2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Related
Belarus votes to give up non-nuclear status
www.aljazeera.com...
Is this Putin's off-ramp from nuclear threats and leverage in negotiations?

Since Belarus doesnt have nukes of their own they probably did that to allow Russia to place nukes in Belarus. 1-2 days ago France told Belarus that would be a major mistake.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Top Russian Oligarchs Are Speaking Out Against the War in Ukraine

Two of Russia’s most powerful oligarchs are speaking out against their own country’s war in Ukraine.

Oleg Deripaska, a billionaire Russian metals tycoon and longtime Putin ally who has been sanctioned by the U.S., took to Telegram on Sunday to declare: “Peace is very important! Negotiations must begin as quickly as possible!”

Banking billionaire Mikhail Fridman wrote a letter to his staff on Friday describing the war as a “tragedy,” and calling for an end to the fighting, according to media reports.

link

These are Putin's Lords, maybe they will help overthrow him.

Their statements represent rare acts of public dissent against Russian President Vladimir Putin’s leadership in foreign affairs by the country’s super-rich elite, whose fortunes depend on staying in Kremlin’s good graces.

“While a solution seems frighteningly far off, I can only join those whose fervent desire is for the bloodshed to end,” Fridman wrote, according to the UK’s FT newspaper. “I’m sure my partners share my view.”

This pushback from top oligarchs is just the latest sign of a widening fissure among the Russian public over Putin’s war, which began earlier this week with missile strikes and armored vehicle assaults against targets throughout Ukraine. Russian authorities have detained some 5,700 people in 48 cities for participating in anti-war protests, according to a protest-monitoring group called OVD-Info.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Would NATO have the Brass to attack Belarus?
It would be the same or similar argument Russia is making invading Ukraine
It certainly would test their alliance,if not break it
edit on pmSundaySunday21000000002pm2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

I think nuclear nations from the west will re-target some of their nukes to target belarus and possible nuke locations.

To me I think if Russia gets to place nuke in Belarus it seals the fate of Belarus - they were conquered by Russia wiithout firing a shot. Russia is not going to trust Belarus to secure nukes.

The one question - Why would NATO attack Belarus? Like before nukes are placed on their soil? NATO is a defensive alliance.
edit on 27-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Olligarchs are just one of the groups Putin has to make happy. The Military is another. There is a 3rd but im drawing a blank on it right now.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Belarus is aiding Russia in the invasion of Ukraine
indirectly,and directly
The idea NATO magically doesn't exist once the organization becomes offensive
is impressive gymnastics,
but i guess it depends on who's doing the interpreting ..
In the case of Russia, it could reasonably declare NATO member aircraft attacking their troops as a direct involvement.
Back to Belarus, its not out of the realm of possibility it's going to be on the receiving end for its involvement in Ukraine
and its Nuclear aspirations
I'll stick to my theory it will be used for future negotiations
edit on amMondayMonday21200000002am2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

Belarus is aiding Russia in the invasion of Ukraine
indirectly,and directly

NATO is not involved in the fighting in Ukraine though (yet). So far Belarus has been sanctioned for their actions in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
double post

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It worries me that Russia has their nuclear forces on high alert. A misunderstanding or mistake could send us down a road no one can imagine. Hope I’m wrong. 😔🤯

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cydonia2012
It worries me that Russia has their nuclear forces on high alert. A misunderstanding or mistake could send us down a road no one can imagine. Hope I’m wrong. 😔🤯

Putin may be employing that measuring as a potential bargaining chip. For the international community to cut off aid to Ukraine, Putin backs down on his de-facto threat to use nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

It is a warning not to escalate, if everyone keeps calm the Government will be replaced by a neutral entity. But of course arming and conscripting all-of-age civilians might mean it gets drawn out, with a lot of bloodsheds before Zelensky emigrates to the USA.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901... this site claims to be monitoring russian coms in the clear, you can read some examples from the log book of things people have picked up i have no idea how to use it i just get static

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901... this site claims to be monitoring russian coms in the clear, you can read some examples from the log book of things people have picked up i have no idea how to use it i just get static

Was listening on there picked up some what sounded like russian troop chatter on 7933Khz

Fun listening in

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I have recorded a little bit of the chatter, but as I don't speak the language, I can't understand/translate.

sndup.net...

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Listening to an interview on GMB with a Russian civilian . She is stating that Russian authorities are trying to change the laws so that anti war protesters will be tried with treason . Change in incarceration from 20 days to many years

new topics

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join