It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: aoi3610
a reply to: vNex92

I wonder if the powers that be understand that if the Rubel inflates, so will the price of Russian gas…

It’s a zero sum game.

Plus China will buy Rubels as support.

Why do you guys ignore the oil production of the US. Prior to Biden the US was an exporter of oil. That infrastructure is still in place. The Russian Ruble collapse is not going to affect the US / US allies as much as yuou guys hope.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   
* - Shelling targeted "Park House" in Kharkiv

* - The websites of Moskovsky Komsomolets, Forbes, Takie Dela, RBC, Peopletalk and many others, as well as the websites of Sberbank, VTB, Tinkoff, Pravo.ru are not working. Today, the websites of TASS, Kommersant, Fontanka and Izvestia, RBC, Buro 24/ 7, Chalk and E1 were hacked

* - Russian minister Shoigu reported to Putin that strategic nuclear forces: Russian Strategic missile troops, North and Pacific fleets(submarines), strategic aviation put on combat alert according to Putin's order

* - Russian Ruble sank 30% against US dollar - trading at 105.27 per dollar

* - Oil depot exploded in Borodianka

* - Red Alert in Kharkiv: aerial threat, take cover

* - Russian troops shelled Severodonetsk causing widespread damage

* - Shelling targeting district of "23 Serpnya" in Kharkiv

* - Local defenders stopped Russian troops on the way to Enerhodar
edit on 28-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
Western countries arent any off better withe supply chain, inflation issues not easing up any time..

What's that got to do with the fact Russia has invaded it's neighbour and the price they will pay is economic AND dead and the misery of grieving families?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

You may wish to try and see the bigger picture vNex92.

So as to somewhat distinguish the forest from the trees.

Putin is bang out of order where his invasion of Ukraine is concerned.

No if no buts no coconuts, its just plain wrong on so many different levels people don't even know where to begin.

And the ramifications of his actions will be felt for decades to come.

I grew up during the cold war era vNex92.

The world sure don't need a repeat performance because of a man hell bent on the restoration of his nation to former glory that will never materialise in any sort of similar manner to days gone by.

Freedom to the Ukraine!
edit on 28-2-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Apologies. I am in the U.K. so am unsure what the “you guys” means.

US gas is more expensive than Russian gas, which I’m sure is an issue for the EU countries currently suckling at the Russian teat. Plus I believe they don’t have the technology in place to handle LPG as it stands.

Aside from that, IMO: this is all planned and what will be, will be.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: aoi3610

Planned?

Aye by Wile E. Coyote and Mr. Magoo that may be.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well said Andy.

Hopefully Ukraine will maintain its independence when this is all over and done with.
But even if it is ultimately re-absorbed into some Greater Russia or is rendered nothing but a vassal state some things are certain:

Putin's actions have isolated and alienated Russia on the world stage.
Russia will become a pariah.
Putin likes the prestige of Russia hosting and being involved in major sporting events. Already this is changing with The Champions League Final being taken from them and the Russian F1 Grand Prix being cancelled.
Countries are refusing to play Russia in many sports.
Its the tip of the iceberg, no-one wants Russia.

Trade and commerce are going to suffer - obviously.

It will become increasingly harder for Russian's to travel abroad....and very few people will have the inclination to visit Russia - and spend that much desired foreign currency.

This crisis has strengthened NATO and reminded its constituent nations of the need to maintain vigilance and invest in their military etc.
New trade deals will be made to replace those formerly with Russia.

Things in Russia will start to resemble how they were during the days of the USSR.

Some victory for the Russian people.

All to feed the ego of a psychotic dictator whose obsessions serve only to further his own aggrandisement.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
One can only assume the peace meeting is being productive as it seems to have lasted longer than I thought it would . I had visions of going something like this
U: Are you going to remove your forces from
Our country
R: No
R: are you going to surrender ?
U: f# off

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

CNN reports from the grisly aftermath of a fierce fight between Russian and Ukrainian forces

Unexploded grenades, smoking vehicles and dead bodies litter a scorched bridge near Kyiv after a Russian attack was repelled by Ukrainian forces.
CNN’s Matthew Chance walked through the aftermath of the scene on Monday, where charred debris litters the ground and the remains of Russian soldiers lay abandoned on the tarmac. 
Heavy-duty military vehicles were reduced to rubble in the fighting, with Western anti-tank missiles assisting in the Ukrainians' defence, Chance said.

The Russian column has been absolutely hammered," he said.

“Ukrainian officials and Ukrainian soldiers who I’ve been speaking to over the last couple of hours are absolutely enthused by this victory," Chance said.
“It’s not just here. We’ve seen instances all over the country where Ukrainians have really pushed back against the Russians, and it’s really made them feel that they can win this war."
Russian forces have encountered "stiffer than expected" resistance from the Ukrainian military as well as unexpected difficulties supplying its forces, two senior US officials with direct knowledge told CNN on Sunday.
But Chance added that the question remains: “What will Russia do now?" He predicted a strong likelihood that Moscow could "double down and go in much harder" in response. “That is the big risk now for the Ukrainian military.”

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It will be the cold war era all over again Freeborn if Putin gets what he wants.

And even if he dont, he's made his bed, but its future generations that are going to have to lie in it.

Talk about a penchant for repetition!

Canny make this crap up.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The Cold War sort of developed immediately after WWII.

This will be forcing similar restrictions on ordinary Russian's who are used to fairly similar luxuries etc as we are overnight.
Will they just accept it?

I certainly don't see how the ordinary, everyday Russians benefit in any way shape or form out of this.

And that's not taking into the consideration the death and destruction in Ukraine.
I can't imagine how the Ukrainian people are suffering.
But its also worth noting that at present it is estimated that at least between 4,500 and 10,000 Russians have died in this conflict.....just ordinary conscripts who don't have a clue who they are fighting and why.

All to feed one man's dreams of glory.

Mind bogglingly stupid.
We as a species are de-evolving.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

One step forward two steps back Freeborn.

If it was not so pathetic it would be fecking hilarious really.

Putin looks unhinged if you ask me, even more so that usual, im thinking there have to be pieces to this puzzle that remain to be seen.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   
US cuts off Russia's central bank. Per CNN.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Putin looks unhinged if you ask me,

Hitler went the same way when he knew the war was lost for The Nazi's.
edit on 28-2-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   
* - Alarming video from the western part of the Belarusian-Ukrainian border. A convoy of 38th Air Assault Brigade of the Belarusian army (not Russian) near Kobryn in Brest region. Most of the vehicles are marked with red squares

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just heard some bloke who rang in to Jeremy Vine Radio 2............................

Said he'd just got the results back from a DNA test they stated he had 45% of his ancient ancestry from the Ukraine area.

He's off to fight over there now he's discovered where his ancestors came from
total crazies coming out the wood work

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The comparisons are self-evident as well.

Terrifying really.

Have to wonder if the man can see it himself coz its not even rocket science.

He wants to take a long hard look in the mirror.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   

One step forward two steps back Freeborn.

Indeed.

If it was not so pathetic it would be fecking hilarious really.

Although I hope I see many more I have to say I've seen the best years of my life.
If it wasn't for my grandson I honestly would be able to sit back and piss myself laughing at the stupidity and futility of it all.

Putin looks unhinged if you ask me, even more so that usual,.....

I've said it a few times here on ATS; he's changed.
There were plenty of rumours about his strange behaviour during the worst of the pandemic.
He's always had a bit of an 'odd' air about him.
But he seems completely 'out there' and 'gone'....

Seen similar looks so many times before - albeit under much different circumstances etc.

.... im thinking there have to be pieces to this puzzle that remain to be seen.

I've thought about that.
But who benefits from this stupidity?
Being realistic I can only think of MIC....but I think they tend to exploit situations rather than manipulate and force them.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

.....total crazies coming out the wood work

None more so than Putin.....and those who are supporting him.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Maybe he's dying?

And trying to put all his mad ducks in a row so to speak whilst he still has the legs to carry him.

Must be going senile as well all the same if he thinks history will remember him kindly.

I don't have a scoobie who benefits mate, cant see it being the Ukraine nor Russia anytime soon, put it that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join