It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
FFS here is yet another politician saying stupid things without thinking about the consequences-

'Putin is a small, evil, feral-eyed man': Mitt Romney tears into Russian leader

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Is he another idiot or is there a concerted effort by certain politicians to bait Putin into a frenzy with personal attacks and threats?

All politicians need to temper their langauage here.
Now is not the time to try to escalate through infantile statements.

How the hell have we in the west given so much power to so many fools?

Mitt Romney.... really. I am supposed to trust Mitt now. Last time I checked he has all sorts of money ties to the Ukraine and has been pushing for War with Russia for as long as I can remember.

Thats the best we get? Cant they dredge up a celebrity or something. Whats Rambo think?

Exactly. Mr bigmouth should March his corrupt sorry ass to Ukraine and put his money where his mouth is. Say that face to face. Chicken # doesn’t have the balls.

link   

originally posted by: wordforword

These guys have no clue what they have signed up for. Jesus, Putin is pure evil.

I see two guys sitting on chairs. May not even be Russian.

link   

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

If the report is true, it is more evidence that the rank and file of the Russian army was seriously misled about what their mission was.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

(post by PatriotGames4u removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Not sure of the validity of any of this, but it's interesting that there has been no response from Moscow according to this article. A lot more exists in this article which is too long to be posted. It is worth a speculative read.

Pentagon wants Moscow back channels to prevent nuclear escalation

When Gen. Mark Milley emerged from six hours of tense talks with his Russian counterpart in Helsinki last September, the Joint Chiefs chair looked almost buoyant. Or at least as chipper as the gruff soldier of more than 40 years ever gets in public. “When military leaders of great powers communicate, the world is a safer place,” Milley said, striking an optimistic tone.

Now, just five months later, with Russian military forces pummeling Ukraine from the air, land and sea, Milley’s paean to a common understanding with Moscow is virtually dead.

But his relationship with Gen. Valery Gerasimov, the chief of the general staff of the Russian Armed Forces, is at the center of a highly sensitive behind-the-scenes effort to prevent the biggest war in Europe in generations from spinning into a wider conflict. It’s a situation that became more urgent on Sunday, when Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered his nuclear forces on high alert after a series of what he called “aggressive statements” by NATO powers.

Since their meeting in Finland, the two men have spoken multiple times, including during the initial Russian buildup in November and again earlier this month.

Milley and Gerasimov have not spoken since the latest hostilities, two DoD officials told POLITICO. But Pentagon officials say they hope their line of communication — which has been more frequent than that of Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and his counterpart, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoygu — can help open up more regular links with Russian forces as the conflict ratchets up.

“Now that Ukrainian airspace is in dispute and being contested and Ukrainian airspace runs right up alongside NATO airspace, we have conveyed to the Russians that we believe a conduit at the operational level is needed … so we can avoid miscalculation,” a senior Pentagon official told POLITICO. “And we have not received any response from them in terms of whether they agree, whether they are willing to set something up.”

The official cited as a possible model the “deconfliction” line that U.S. and Russian forces set up in 2015 to prevent their forces operating in close proximity in Syria from coming to blows. The purpose, the official said, would be to have a reliable means to telegraph, “We’re about to do this, stay the heck out of the way.”

But with the U.S. and other NATO militaries resupplying Ukrainian forces, that demarcation seems fuzzy at best. Western powers, while committed to not putting troops into direct conflict with Russia’s invading army, have been overt in recent days about backing Ukraine’s war effort. And with two nuclear powers just a border away from a potential shooting war, the potential for conflict is real — as is the necessity for a de-escalation process, say officials.

(bold emphasis mine)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think Putin has made two major miscalculations.

First, he has totally underestimated Ukraine's capacity and determination to defend their Country.

Secondly, he expected a divided West.

Oh, and he's completely deranged.

link   
a reply to: agenda51

youtube

the best video I can find on YouTube, as no way to embed the originals from Twitter. The commentary guy is very hyped, but the same context can be found all over the internet. This video just compiles most of it. Looks like many soldiers were not ready for Putin's war...

0:47 the soldier is calling his mom for help

edit on 27-2-2022 by wordforword because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2022 by wordforword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

If the report is true, it is more evidence that the rank and file of the Russian army was seriously misled about what their mission was.

Cheers

I think the truth will come out eventually like it always does. Until then its all speculation and joking around. MSM is almost laughable right now. Talking heads are trying so hard to be convincing but they just dont have the chops for it. Need to get some really good actors on the TV that can work up some tears. Maybe Anthony Hopkins or something. Mel Gibson would be a hoot. Paint him up again like Braveheart.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Post removed by staff

I don't think he's happy about it though.

North Korea fires ballistic missile in resumption of testing

North Korea launched a ballistic missile into the sea on Sunday, its neighbors said, in a resumption of weapons tests that came as the United States and its allies are focused on Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

The North Korean launch was the eighth of its kind this year and the first since Jan. 30. Some experts have said North Korea is trying to perfect its weapons technology and pressure the United States into offering concessions like sanctions relief amid long-stalled disarmament talks. They say North Korea also might view the U.S. preoccupation with the Ukraine conflict as a chance to accelerate testing activity without any serious response from Washington.

Japanese Defense Minister Nobuo Kishi said the North Korean missile flew about 300 kilometers (190 miles) at a maximum altitude of about 600 kilometers (370 miles) before landing off North Korea's eastern coast and outside Japan's Exclusive Economic Zone. No damage to vessels or aircraft has been reported, he said.

"If North Korea deliberately carried out the missile launch while the international community is distracted by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, such an act is absolutely unforgivable," he told reporters. "Whatever the motives are, North Korea's repeated missile launches are absolutely inexcusable and we cannot overlook considerable missile and nuclear advancement."

South Korean officials said they also detected the launch from the North's capital area and expressed "deep concerns and grave regret" over it.

edit on Sun Feb 27 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

the best video I can find on YouTube, as no way to embed the originals from Twitter. The commentary guy is very hyped, but the same context can be found all over the internet. This video just compiles most of it. Looks like many soldiers were not ready for Putin's war...

0:47 the soldier is calling his mom for help

Wont let me play it. I will try again later. I hope its entertaining. I expect high production value and excellent entertainment if I am going to have to sit through propaganda. Otherwise I will just go watch my DVD of Blackhawk Down.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The crazy part in all this is it seems there is very little supplies to support his efforts. Little food, gas etc...not sure what they were thinking outside they thought it would be just a walk in a take over without a fight event.

Someone said that Musk has gotten weak and fat, and I'm wondering if we should be saying that about Russia.

Being in the military for 28 years I can tell you that you can go from a super strong military to very weak and incompetent in a few short years. The reason is mainly because there is a very large turnover rate in the military being a young force, and if you are not upgrading equipment you find yourself using outdated equipment very quickly. What this means is even in 3 years things can be vastly different in abilities and competency.

Are we see that we Russia, seems so.

edit on 27-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I keep seeing posts that Russian military is total weak, crap. That i disagree with.
Su 25s arent even combat.
edit on 27-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: zatara
Can there be a connection bewteen the USA leaving afghanistan in such a hurry.

Is this a real question?

(Sometimes I can be blind to sarcasm)

Yes.

Is that a real question..? Well just incase it is a real question I will answer. Yes..this was not sacasm but a real question. And I think it is a valid question.. We are not always informed by the government the truth or informed at asll why certain millitairy actions are taken. Biden was spot on with predicting what was going to happen next between ukraine and russia these first few days. His expectations did not come from a remote viewer or someone weho can see into the future but based on gathered information and analyzed by the intelligence services. This time it would do no harm to inform the world about what was about bto happen...maybe it has a purpose and biden deliberately shared this information about the invasion with the world.

But analyzed millitairy information is not always shared or is the truth told about a millitairy situation. Nothing at that level happenes without a reason...especially when there are sudden decisions. Thats why I think my question if there is a link between leaving afghanistan and what russia is doing is a valid one. At first glance why should there be but who knows what is happening behind the curtains. Maybe there is someone here on ATS who is able to see dots and connect them. And maybe there are no dots and is there nothing to connect...also possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Twitter posts not always accurate.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

fixed it

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They seem to still be on the Soviet model in some ways.

Weak NCO corps.

Disinterested officers.

Logistics a weak link in the chain.

Mediocre troops other than the airborne and special forces troops. And the airborne and special forces troops, along with the Wagner boys, have done most of Russia's fighting in the last decades. The why of that is becoming obvious.

Cheers

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join