It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

I wonder what Len Blavatnik has to say about any of this. He’s buds with Putin still right?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: vNex92

“Our airspace will be closed to every Russian plane. And that includes the private jets of oligarchs too," she added.

The Russians will likely do the same and EU's trade with be blocked.

We don't want any trade with russia anymore.

Why would we?

Not paying attention?

Block whatever you want.

We REALLY don't care.

Not really that simple but whatever. Lots of catastrophic long term effects from this. Energy dependence will quickly become the USAs downfall.

Absolute nonsense, you can't actually believe any of that?

We're good.

Go deal with your putin problem and leave the rest of the planet alone.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

He needs to be retired. To Siberia.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: agenda51

They didn't try to blame Trump for imaginary things 24x7.

It's a start.

That will return dont worry. Gotta blame Putin for a little while longer first. He be crazy you know. Reports are coming in that Putin is bathing in peanut butter and wrestling bears planning on an upcoming fight against Connor Macgreggor. MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko is assisting in the training. Trump will promote the event being a Russian agent and all. Dana (also probably a Russian agent by now) with handle the referee job. Comrade Rogan will provide commentary. Agent Melania will be the octagon girl for one night only. PPV is reportedly projected to be off the charts. Location is still to be announced. Two choices right now are Kiev or Keev. They are still working out the details.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

“Our airspace will be closed to every Russian plane. And that includes the private jets of oligarchs too," she added.

The Russians will likely do the same and EU's trade with be blocked.

We don't want any trade with russia anymore.

Why would we?

Not paying attention?

Block whatever you want.

We REALLY don't care.

Not really that simple but whatever. Lots of catastrophic long term effects from this. Energy dependence will quickly become the USAs downfall.

Absolute nonsense, you can't actually believe any of that?

We're good.

Go deal with your putin problem and leave the rest of the planet alone.

Am I Russian now? When did this happen?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

"Dig a hole, I'll explain later"

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Eh?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Sorry, I thought that was a fairly common phrase. Basically it means here's a shovel, start digging your grave. It was a response to you saying "retire" Putin...as long as the retirementis a bullet to the head, then I find that resolution acceptable. Madmen do not deserve to draw air.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

These actions along with the rhetoric from the media that putin "isn't making progess" "is getting bogged down" would defo be giving putin the idea he is being backed into a corner.
And don't get me started on Lizz Truss our foriegn secretary-Someone should put a gag on her-she is inflaming the situation by saying she thinks this will be the end of putin,and that she supports Brits travelling to Ukraine to fight the russians.

Exactly so. Again, especially if he is unstable.

Its almost like some of the MSM and politicians want this to go mushroom shaped FFS.

For sure....it's what concerns me the most ATM. I wish the media would just black themselves out for a bit.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Oh, I get you. Apologies.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

FFS here is yet another politician saying stupid things without thinking about the consequences-

'Putin is a small, evil, feral-eyed man': Mitt Romney tears into Russian leader

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Is he another idiot or is there a concerted effort by certain politicians to bait Putin into a frenzy with personal attacks and threats?

It's bad enough to say outloud, its even more foolish to publish it....dont get me wrong, i despise censorship, but im a huge fan of pragmatism.

How the hell have we in the west given so much power to so many fools?

Short version? Idiot voter's without a shred of long-term consideration, but short-term instant gratification.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: vNex92

"When it comes to Cold War the EU is still stuck in the past."

That's just comedy gold.

Putin is trying to recreate the old Soviet Union.

By war.

But it's the EU that's stuck in the past?!!!!!!!!😀🙄👀

same as blaming NATO for surrounding Russia

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

The UK has also banned Russian private jets from its airspace on Friday.
(Bold emphasis mine)

They are stuck there

I made a point earlier about EU and others sitting back to see how this unfolds as to whether Ukrainians see Putin as their savior from an oppressed Goverment or would they fight tooth and nail. It seems Putin's view that he is liberating them was wrong and so EU is taking more actions based on Ukraine's fighting and not cheering as Putin hoped for. I can see further actions against Russia in the coming days as this drags on and on.

I also wonder how many Russian Generals will seem to just die as this get messier and messier, I'm sure Putin is not happy.

edit on 27-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You're right too. Striking the right balance is something professionals do.

Knowing what the thresholds should be of goading someone, is a skill all leaders and wannabe leaders should be forced into training for.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
In a related incident, local farmer helps visiting military head home after running out of fuel.

americasbestpics.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

a reply to: LetTheColdCome

So russia didn't just do more invading?

Are we supposed to care that they go by a different name this time?

And WE are the 'zealots'?

Funny.

Relax. Not a fan of Putin. Not a fan of him starting a hot war when there was clearly no aggressor. I hope he continues to get his ass whipped all around those “borderlands”

All I’m saying is some people have the ability to see the perspective of others and try and understand that perspective, while not compromising their own. I saw what he was trying to say, and I understood it. I respect the fact that he said he has his own biases simply from being the citizen of a specific country, and is trying to hone in on what’s actually happening. I try and maintain that MO; many on here do not. Do you disagree?

I’m not a pacifist. I care about seeking the truth. You clearly believe you’ve found it. That’s great. I actually don’t personally disagree with that many of your posts on here.

My only point is that there are many members here who just want to be right in their own minds instead of maintaining the course.

So, please tell me why I’m wrong. I don’t care if I’m wrong. I have no skin in this game right now. I’m only here to expand my own understanding and to see others’ perspectives.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Multiple reports of the EU providing Ukraine fighter jets...

Ummm... I'm not so sure about this one. Even if true, how will they be trained to fly these fighter jets? It's not like they can just hop in and know what to do...

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a reply to: agenda51

They didn't try to blame Trump for imaginary things 24x7.

It's a start.

That will return dont worry. Gotta blame Putin for a little while longer first. He be crazy you know. Reports are coming in that Putin is bathing in peanut butter and wrestling bears planning on an upcoming fight against Connor Macgreggor. MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko is assisting in the training. Trump will promote the event being a Russian agent and all. Dana (also probably a Russian agent by now) with handle the referee job. Comrade Rogan will provide commentary. Agent Melania will be the octagon girl for one night only. PPV is reportedly projected to be off the charts. Location is still to be announced. Two choices right now are Kiev or Keev. They are still working out the details.

😂

And obviously Rogan will be on the call to diminish Putin’s judo pursuits and explain to those watching how “Putin is in a terrible position here,” and “Oh, Conor’s really got Putin in trouble now — OH!!! He’s hurt! He’s hurt!”

It will be one of the few times Conor actually has the height advantage!

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LetTheColdCome

I AM a pacifist.

Takes a WHOLE lot to get me to support ANY kind of violence

What putin just did clears that hurdle by a country mile.

I might be interested in everyone's nuances again someday, but for now am laser focused on what putin just did.

Was entirely his choice.

His behavior is completely unacceptable to anyone on the planet not named china.

Not interested in anything else right now

edit on 27-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join