It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cydonia2012

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: wordforword
'Kharkiv’s governor, Oleh Synyehubov, said Ukrainian soldiers were “cleaning up” the eastern city. He said Russian soldiers were surrendering in groups of five to 10 and throwing their equipment in the middle of the road.'

the Guardian

Suddenly russians want to talk as well. They will, of course, want nothing but surrender. But Ukranians are saying that they don't care even if Putin will try to nuke them. They will not comply.

Good.

I was honesty VERY concerned about another slaughter of russian troops.

So was Zelinsky.

Orders are not suggestions.

You think Ukraine is qualified to join NATO?

Prove it.

We do NOT abuse or kill anybody that wants to surrender.

Doesn't matter how old you are, or if you have Feelz.

It is NEVER ok.

Ukraine should not join NATO. Let’s stop this bs. It’s 2022 not 1960. Both sides need to grow up.

A part of "growing up" is in allowing others to make their own decisions.

Which is exactly the point, Russia should not be telling any nation, other than their own, who they can have as allies. Russia is the parent that thinks they can still send their 20 year old child to go to their room.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well here's some good news, all things considered, for change.

Update 2 – IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine

On Friday, the regulator reported elevated radiation levels at the Chornobyl site, possibly caused by heavy military vehicles churning up contaminated soil, but the IAEA assessed that the radiation readings remained low and did not pose any danger to the public. No further radiation data from the Exclusion Zone has been received.

Near the north-eastern city of Kharkiv, the SNRIU said an electrical transformer at a low-level radioactive waste disposal site had been damaged, but no release of radioactive material was reported. The Director General indicated this should be a clear and cautionary indication of the compelling need to avoid endangering the safety of any nuclear facility.

The IAEA continues to closely monitor developments in Ukraine, with a special focus on the safety and security of its nuclear reactors. The IAEA remains in constant contact with its counterpart and will provide regular updates on the situation in Ukraine.
(bold emphasis mine)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Ukrainian Foreign Minister claims at least 4,300 Russian troops killed and hundreds captured , breakdown of Russian equipment losses.

Ukraine also gave a breakdown of Russian kit destroyed:
- about 46 Russian warplanes downed
- 26 helicopters
- 146 tanks
- 706 armoured vehicles
- 49 cannons
- 1 surface to air BUK missile system
- 30 vehicles
- 2 drones
- 2 boats
It's not possible independently to verify data
twitter.com... on%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.sky.com%2Fstory%2Fukraine-russia-war-live-latest-news-putin-kyiv-invasion-12541713

Cant believe anything of this. You would think there would be some footage somewhere to back this up. At least some satellite footage. I have higher standards for propaganda and this is pretty lazy. They could at least due some staging and throw out some fake satellite imagery. Maybe go through the files and pull some infrared Waco footage. All I have seen so far is Romper Room story time and videos of people talking while drive cars or sitting in their homes... which could be done across the street from my house. Even my children know what CGI is and images on the TV can be faked. Arnold Swarzenegger plays Dirty Harry in a deep fake youtube video.... looks real and great.... but its not. Pretty sad when some hack youtuber does a better job of fake imagery than MSM.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
Well here's some good news, all things considered, for change.

Update 2 – IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine

On Friday, the regulator reported elevated radiation levels at the Chornobyl site, possibly caused by heavy military vehicles churning up contaminated soil, but the IAEA assessed that the radiation readings remained low and did not pose any danger to the public. No further radiation data from the Exclusion Zone has been received.

Near the north-eastern city of Kharkiv, the SNRIU said an electrical transformer at a low-level radioactive waste disposal site had been damaged, but no release of radioactive material was reported. The Director General indicated this should be a clear and cautionary indication of the compelling need to avoid endangering the safety of any nuclear facility.

The IAEA continues to closely monitor developments in Ukraine, with a special focus on the safety and security of its nuclear reactors. The IAEA remains in constant contact with its counterpart and will provide regular updates on the situation in Ukraine.
(bold emphasis mine)

Sounds like good news but it could easily be BS as well. Its not like there has never been lies about Chornobyl before.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

There is an example in the Cold War that may point to a solution of sorts for Russia and Ukraine.

We know the Ukrainian state won't trust the Russian state after this invasion. And Russia, rightly or wrongly, fears Ukraine being used as a base for an invasion.

So, in the Cold War, how did the West and the Soviets uneasily co-exist with massive armed forces on both sides, yet not go to war?

Well, one aspect that worked quite well was the both sides allowed a given number of authorized, uniformed spies from the other side to more or less drive around freely to ensure that preparations for a war were not occurring. Heck, those "spies" were even allowed to shop at the stores on the "enemy" bases. I well recall the first time I saw Soviets in uniform shopping at the American Post Exchange (general merchandise store) in Frankfurt am Main.

So maybe Ukraine and Russia can have a tightly controlled border and both sides get to have their "military liaison missions" driving around on the other side of the border to ensure no one is getting up to something sneaky.

It worked for 40+ years in Cold War Europe. It could also work today if both parties were willing to accept such a solution.

Cheers
edit on 27-2-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51
A lot of footage is out there. Even some from the ground. We'd welcome your efforts to debunk some of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why is everyone banning RT and Sputnik I don't see how that harms Russia very much .

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So all of the Ukrainian refugees are running away from soldiers on a "humanitarian mission?" Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Majestic Unicorns, they're running from the unicorns.

It always the unicorns.

Except when it's bigfoot aliens blood harvesting children over flat earth beliefs during a teotwawki meteor shower.

But usually those damn unicorns.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

Ironic that they’ve chosen Chernobyl as the delegates meeting point

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

So an East and West Ukraine situation similar to East and West Germany? The new Cold War front.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I stated here before they are upset how their NATO lost their access to Crimean Peninsula.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Russian State-run media that gets ad revenues from their locales.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Zelinsky posted photos for family identification to russian internet users.

There is zero doubt that 4300 russian dead is accurate.

ZERO doubt.

WAS accurate sweety.

There is a delay in the data, my sources say well over 6000 russian dead and 3000 prisioner/wounded now.

Most of the rest want to surrender.

Think I'm crazy?

Wait for it.

Why do you think vlad brought out the nukes?

Because he's in a celebratory mood?

edit on 27-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

So an East and West Ukraine situation similar to East and West Germany? The new Cold War front.

Not a pretty solution, but beats a hot war any day.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

Would T need an east and west Ukraine , just approved cross border access between Ukraine and Russia . Was T east west Germany split the proceeds of the victors in ww2

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Annoncement from BP(british petroleum,huge oil company)

Both its members resign from Rosneft(huge russian oil company) board and exit(sell?) their 19.75% stake in the company.

So no more connections/profits from Rosneft for BP.
Which further isolates Russia.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Residents were warned not to film and post videos of military activity for obvious reasons

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Annoncement from BP(british petroleum,huge oil company)

Both its members resign from Rosneft(huge russian oil company) board and exit(sell?) their 19.75% stake in the company.

So no more connections/profits from Rosneft for BP.
Which further isolates Russia.

What bothers me is the utter isolation Putin and Russia may be feeling right about now, and how actions could manifest from that.

If Putin is (as has been suggested here) unstable? Cornering him on the world stage is a scary prospect especially with emotions high.

I'm not saying these things shouldn't happen, just concerned about what that outcome inevitably will be.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You would think there would be some footage somewhere to back this up

There's plenty of footage of destroyed Russian tanks and vehicles out there all you need do is look.

I have higher standards for propaganda and this is pretty lazy.

Take it for what it is but the facts are Russia is bogged down and suffering losses , ignore that if you choose.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

I was thinking of the DNR and LNR as "East Ukraine" and Ukraine as "West Ukraine" to make the analogy work.

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join