It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7 Gallon gas

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LSU2018
Maybe to sit there at "idle", but it will still draw power and decrease the range you have left.

That's 12 hours at maximum HVAC usage. If you run it at a lower temp setting you will get more life.

Does that not decrease you're range if you're sitting there for hours in a traffic jam?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Cyclic doom and terror.

Not going to happen.

With the technology coming, gas will be cheaper than water.

Now, doom about fresh water.... whole new story.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

But it's constantly using battery power if you're sitting in traffic using your A/C or heat, listening to the radio, etc.

You still have at minimum 12 hours.

Maybe to sit there at "idle", but it will still draw power and decrease the range you have left.

Kind of reminds me of some other way to power cars. Oh yeah! Current petrol and diesel cars do JUST THAT.

I guess if you run out of electricity, someone can bring you a 5 gallon can full of voltage.

You plan your trip accordingly. Just like you do with a regular petrol or diesel vehicle.

If not, well that's on you, not the car.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That's 12 hours at maximum HVAC usage. If you run it at a lower temp setting you will get more life.

Does that not decrease you're range if you're sitting there for hours in a traffic jam?

Just like it decreases your range if you're sitting in a traffic jam for hours in a diesel or petrol car.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You plan your trip accordingly. Just like you do with a regular petrol or diesel vehicle.

Not necessarily, you can have a full tank and be stranded for 24+ hours. It happens.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   

It does, just like idling an ICE vehicle.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Cyclic doom and terror.

Not going to happen.

With the technology coming, gas will be cheaper than water.

Now, doom about fresh water.... whole new story.

I agree. They have been saying we are depleting our aquifers faster than it can replenish itself. I have to agree with that. Back in the day there were natural springs cowboys and settlers would use out west, the arroyos were somewhat running with water. Now the same springs and arroyos are bone dry from agricultural wells in pivots, massive housing and development. Sucking down the fresh water tables.
edit on 23-2-2022 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

www.yahoo.com...

Looks like the $5 level is already happening in California..

Sad

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: TerryDon79

Not necessarily, you can have a full tank and be stranded for 24+ hours. It happens.

Not for Terry Don, he plans ahead and maps out when he'll run into a traffic jam and knows how long he'll sit on the highway while two 18-wheelers are moved and their hazardous material spills are cleaned up. The rest of the country, unfortunately, aren't clairvoyants like him.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The Great Reset: Coming soon to a town near you!

Pretty obvious TPTB are f***ing everything up until our societies implode enough that they can get us back under the whip and compliant.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It does, just like idling an ICE vehicle.

I drove from Shreveport, LA to Rayville, LA (120 miles) for an outdoor concert back in 2005. It was scorching that day so the girl I brought wanted to go back to my truck until the concert was over. We sat in my truck, with it started, for almost 7 hours and the A/C cranked up. All I kept an eye on was my temp gauge. I was in a 1997 Chevy Cheyenne and didn't stop for gas until I got to Bossier City, LA on my way home. I could have sat there a lot longer than 12 hours, at idle, with the A/C cranked up and still been able to drive 100 more miles. I don't see an electric car being able to do that.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Okay? Within the next decade no US manufacturer is going to produce an ICE vehicle, the timeline is in place. You can continue to bring up anecdotal one of a kind scenarios but it doesn't change the reality.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

But it's constantly using battery power if you're sitting in traffic using your A/C or heat, listening to the radio, etc.

You still have at minimum 12 hours.

Kind of reminds me of some other way to power cars. Oh yeah! Current petrol and diesel cars do JUST THAT.

I guess if you run out of electricity, someone can bring you a 5 gallon can full of voltage.

Indeed, it's poor planning to not have at least an empty container on hand to bring back full from the nearest gas station. Same applies to battery operated drivers, no back-up battery (your version of the gas can) no movement. Kinda a Yugo moment - you still going, but it ain't.

Having said that, let's TL;DR it & let me grab that Swiss Cheese logic hole, and rip it further.

5 gallons of gas & a jug is a # of a lot cheaper than a back-up battery is. Now talk about a selling point roadblock, eh?
edit on 2/23/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Was headed south on I-75 in Ohio at Christmas, Temps in the teens and passed a Tesla doing 45 to save power and stay warm then a few miles passed another. Bet they were a bit worried about getting rear ended.

I have a Hybrid Maverick finally being built this week. Ordered in July, $23,300 delivered. They are getting 50 MPG city 35 Highway with electric heat and AC. ICE kicks in when needed. Over 500 mile range.

Ordered an electric blanket for hunting season it should plug in and run a week on battery power. HAHAHAH!!!

edit on 23-2-2022 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Ordered an electric blanket for hunting season it should plug in and run a week on battery power. HAHAHAH!!!

That is a really good solution. It might take a week to clear out a bad traffic jam with hundreds of electric vehicles!
Make sure to have some water & protein bars too!

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Good.

Can’t tear it all down, take out the trash and fix this country until the majority of people feel pain.

This is a necessary step to a better, brighter future without a federal government

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And in 2007 (iirc) GM unveiled a hydrogen vehicle with plans to go all hydrogen.

The EV plans will be thrown in the garbage can because they're not a solution to anything.

Awful mpc, awful charge times, 5-10 year lifespan before costly battery replacement. If you believe in AGW, it shifts the carbon from the vehicle to the grid, which is also powered by carbon (and cannot be realistically powered any other way in the next 10 years).

EV's are a fad. A growing fad, no doubt, but they're simply impractical unless you're a well off urbanite who doesn't actually drive much.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
And in 2007 (iirc) GM unveiled a hydrogen vehicle with plans to go all hydrogen.

The EV plans will be thrown in the garbage can because they're not a solution to anything.

The EV plans for GM or the EV plans for everyone? You already have several EV companies, the world's largest manufacturers see the landscape and are reacting to them. It's inevitable.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

EV's are a fad. A growing fad, no doubt, but they're simply impractical unless you're a well off urbanite who doesn't actually drive much.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite
Maybe you are thinking older EV tech?

I'm seeing 250 mpc quoted as being common in new EVs.

All-Electric Cars Listed By EPA Range From Lowest To Highest shows the lowest being 100 miles. I remember that being the point where they would be seen as practical for the majority of commuters a couple decades back.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join