It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7 Gallon gas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
How can I look into that with a poorly assembled all electric 2022 vehicle?

The fast chargers don't damage the battery as you implied.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   

But it's constantly using battery power if you're sitting in traffic using your A/C or heat, listening to the radio, etc.

You still have at minimum 12 hours.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ahh, there is that 'equal, diverse, sustainability ,' Marxist talk. We won't be all equal. We will all be equally poor and miserable, that's for sure though (you will own nothing and be happy ).
The want the whole world to become like the third world countries are today, that's why they are actively trying to destroy the US . So they can come in and 'save'
the day with their 'great reset' .

It's all planned and predictable.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

How is anything I said Marxist?

I pointed out realities that other countries are pulling themselves out of poverty. So more people using fuel means higher demand and higher prices.

The free market is flirting with eletric now since fuel costs are going up. EV's are far from perfect but in their infancy.

I don't want the government getting their grubby hands involved with EV's, I'd rather see the free market play out.

I drive a diesel BTW, but I'm not afraid of options like some 🤷🏼‍♂️

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't think it will ever get that high, there are more and more EV vehicles and manufacturers coming out and existing automakers have timelines to go full EV. Basic economics says that fuel prices will decrease as demand decreases.

Then they'll charge just as much or more to allow people to charge their car on the road.
i listened to an interview several yrs agoand this guy had some great ideas about ev's.

standardize the batteries and make the hook ups quick change.

the gas stations can be converted to a battery charging depot.

pull in and get a charged battery in 10 mins, old batt is then charged and ready ..

no need for miles of charging areas. and different batt hook ups .

it seems more plausible to treat the ev like your remote than anything else.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital
Chinese EV maker NIO is already doing just this.
It actually seems like a brilliant way to handle a few issues with batteries. Battery swaps take ten minutes. Also, you lease the battery, buy the car, but they cost much less because the battery is over a third the cost of most EV's. Look them up, NIO, the cars are actually very nice.

edit on 2022221202200000028 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

edit on 2022221202200000028 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The government is going to get their share of the profits.

The government taxes fuel now.

I know, just wait until they get their grubby mitts on electricity taxes once they know most gas engines are phased out and the majority of the country relies on electricity for travel. If I'm not mistaken, they are or were offering a tax refund if you bought an EV. They aren't going to give away tax refunds if they don't have something to gain in the future. That's the only time politicians think ahead.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I know, just wait until they get their grubby mitts on electricity taxes once they know most gas engines are phased out and the majority of the country relies on electricity for travel. If I'm not mistaken, they are or were offering a tax refund if you bought an EV. They aren't going to give away tax refunds if they don't have something to gain in the future. That's the only time politicians think ahead.

It will most likely be a mileage tax which will be very easy to track as things get rolled out, particularly for commercial vehicles.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
The want the whole world to become like the third world countries are today...

That makes zero economic sense. Why would you want a poor consumer base? You want as many people able to afford your goods/services as possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

How can I look into that with a poorly assembled all electric 2022 vehicle?

The fast chargers don't damage the battery as you implied.

Every battery will weaken the more it's charged. Fast charging will weaken it further.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

But it's constantly using battery power if you're sitting in traffic using your A/C or heat, listening to the radio, etc.

Maybe to sit there at "idle", but it will still draw power and decrease the range you have left.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

I don't think it will ever get that high, there are more and more EV vehicles and manufacturers coming out and existing automakers have timelines to go full EV. Basic economics says that fuel prices will decrease as demand decreases.

Then they'll charge just as much or more to allow people to charge their car on the road.
i listened to an interview several yrs agoand this guy had some great ideas about ev's.

standardize the batteries and make the hook ups quick change.

the gas stations can be converted to a battery charging depot.

pull in and get a charged battery in 10 mins, old batt is then charged and ready ..

no need for miles of charging areas. and different batt hook ups .

it seems more plausible to treat the ev like your remote than anything else.

It may sound good on the surface, but the government is pushing this for a reason and they're not going to allow anything to be cheap or quick & easy. They're too greedy now.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: odd1out

That's a good sales pitch to get people into these cars. It's only a matter of time before the taxes increase and eat you up though.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Maybe to sit there at "idle", but it will still draw power and decrease the range you have left.

Kind of reminds me of some other way to power cars. Oh yeah! Current petrol and diesel cars do JUST THAT.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The goal is rather obvious. They are forcing demand for BEV battery electric vehicles. This is to be done to severely limit mobility and to force people to move out of rural areas into high density population corridors to provide more victims to the burgeoning violent criminal class in the name of equity.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Every battery will weaken the more it's charged. Fast charging will weaken it further.

The battery designs with BMS limit potential damage.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

That's 12 hours at maximum HVAC usage. If you run it at a lower temp setting you will get more life.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
$7 per gallon

is not No supply, there's plenty in the ground...

the $7 or More per gallon is all Biden Green Energy Policy and Biden Dollar Destruction via Inflation approved by Fed & Treasury policy in the financial sector

i be fortunate to have EV and home near 3 vital 'Hubs' less than 2 miles either way from my dinner table

luck ?
No.... i do research, such as referencing 100-year-Flood-Zones of property before i build, i'm just that way RU ?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Kind of reminds me of some other way to power cars. Oh yeah! Current petrol and diesel cars do JUST THAT.

I guess if you run out of electricity, someone can bring you a 5 gallon can full of voltage.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
this will be good practice for the "Green New Deal".

watch prices take off the launch pad like a rocket.

Of course, it may not be practice at all.
It could be all part of the plan to get the masses out of cars and into public transportation.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join