It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7 Gallon gas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm buying copper futures...all this electric business, gonna need wires. 2021 was a breakout year for copper and you ain't seen nothing yet....

but in my opinion the internal combustion engine was a gift from God and they will have to pry my 450SL from my cold dead hands.
edit on 21-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't think it will ever get that high, there are more and more EV vehicles and manufacturers coming out and existing automakers have timelines to go full EV. Basic economics says that fuel prices will decrease as demand decreases.

Fuel is only part of the issue.
Crude oil is responsible for hundreds of petrochemicals that are much lower in cost today because they are mostly a byproduct of fuel production.
Out of a 42 gallon barrel around 30 gallons of fuel is produced. The remaining oil becomes useful byproducts.

Propane, Vaseline, wax, asphalt, lubricant, fertilizer....etc

If all that fuel becomes useless then the price of all other products will rise substantially. Just imagine what the cost of already expensive fertilizer will do to food prices.

The dominos will be falling soon I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: just4fun

a reply to: just4fun

Due to importing from Saudi Arabia among other places.

Ok man -18$ a barrel

Who the f cares how he got us paying -18$ a barrel

What Trump did for us was amazing!: www.macrotrends.net...

How can we empower him to do it again?

Simple. All he has to do is unleash another pandemic on the world with the resulting global recession and oil will magically be back under 20$ a barrel as it was in the Spring of 2020.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hurry up and go buy your cheaply made expensive EV of choice. Just don’t complain when the gas prices is reflected in you electric bill…lol

Oh and you get what you voted for, so for all you 81 million nonexistent Biden voters, we all say thanks a lot!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Considering what they are doing to the energy sector why on earth would anyone buy an electric vehicle, yea oil prices are stupid in part from senility-based decisions and also in part from war possibility in Ukraine.

Our grid is trash, and coal and natural gas is on the chopping block as well, which leaves nothing usable for the vast majority of the year.

for anyone bleating about solar get out of your bubble, large chunks of the us go through long stretches with no direct sunlight.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Hurry up and go buy your cheaply made expensive EV of choice. Just don’t complain when the gas prices is reflected in you electric bill…lol

Oh and you get what you voted for, so for all you 81 million nonexistent Biden voters, we all say thanks a lot!!!

States and the federal government charge a per gallon tax and states charge a sales tax on gasoline.
They will all implement a flat tax and a mileage tax to make up for the lost revenue from declining fuel sales.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

States and the federal government charge a per gallon tax and states charge a sales tax on gasoline.
They will all implement a flat tax and a mileage tax to make up for the lost revenue from declining fuel sales.

Yep, as well as increased utilities, food costs, etc. Gotta love when the freeloaders steal an election.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
For long trips, will people in electric vehicles have an extra gallon of voltage in their trunk just in case?

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
For the electricity used.

I don't see it skyrocketing.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Easy, within two years after industrial hemp is legal to grow anywhere in the US. See also: revitalized paper and textile industries. EV’s would be dropped like a crackpipe dream in favor of plain old diesel engines running on hemp seed oil as all it takes is a seed press to gather/refine.

Sounds very much like a pipedream. The money is already invested into EV charging by companies like JP Morgan, US Bank and BoA, it's a done deal at this point.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Crude oil is responsible for hundreds of petrochemicals that are much lower in cost today because they are mostly a byproduct of fuel production.

As fuel consumption drops the price of a barrel of oil will drop, the Saudis are already diversifying their energy sector and they have the lowest extraction costs in the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ive already been paying 5 bucks a gallon here in California , since not long after Trump left office. I remember Barack making a comment about gasoline. and how it should be about 10 bucks a gallon. That was a long time ago. Im more concerned about someone with dementia pulling some foolish move, that causes a complete lack of gasoline. Then all they have to do is shut down the grid.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That also has a lot to do with being a 2022 model unfortunately. After the chips disappeared, the demand grew for new vehicles so companies began putting them together as quick as they could. As a result, a lot of 2022 models are having similar issues like your Jeep. My truck was built in Jan 2021 so I narrowly missed the shortage and quickly thrown-together vehicle surge, but even then these vehicles have been having electrical bobbles, just not as widespread as the 2022 models.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
What's the inside scoop on marketing EVs to folks who drive cross-country?

The major retailers, hospitality and current fuel companies are looking to install chargers on their properties to get a portion of the payment scheme. The newer fast chargers are able to get you back on the road in 10 minutes with an 80% charge from what we have been seeing.

Seems like a quick charge would damage your batteries faster, too. I'm sure that's all part of their plan though.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Seems like a quick charge would damage your batteries faster, too. I'm sure that's all part of their plan though.

You might want to look into that.

XL5

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The cost of cars could be allot lower and they could be be made to last, but that doesn't make them money. EV's could have user removable batteries that could be leased and swapped at charging stations or owned and charged at the stations. The body and under frame could be user removable and could be swapped if needed. The motor controllers should never need a firmware update! There are super cheap cars out there though that are about 5-6K US dollars and there are electric scooters/bikes but many won't get those unless things become really bad.

In my opinion solid state sodium batteries are the way to go IF they price them fairly based on the cost of sodium. If a sodium battery could make that 5k mini EV into a 1.5K EV it may change peoples outlook on it.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Hydrogen fuel cell / battery hybrid is the future. When you're running on the fuel cell or cells it will be charging your batteries.

It'll never happen. The government wants everyone moving to all electric and charging you for charging your car. They promise 400 mile ranges, but they don't offer data sheets that will lower your range in certain conditions. For example...

Range if you're on an 80 mph highway going 80 mph vs range on a 60 mph highway going 60 mph.
Range blasting your A/C on hot Summer days.
Range cranking your heat on freezing subzero winter nights.
Driving at night with your headlights and all ambient lighting on. With heat? With A/C?
Range when towing.
Range on smooth terrain vs range on hilly terrain.
Range with you driving solo vs range with you traveling with 6 adults.

As it stands, when I had my 2016 Crew Cab Ram, I could drive from NW Louisiana to Oklahoma City and halfway back before I had to stop for a fill-up. That was with my wife, son, and in-laws with all of our luggage in the back. My 2021 Crew Cab Ram (geared higher) will get about a quarter of the way back before having to stop and fill up.

That's a 390 mile trip which means I'll more than likely be stopping and recharging well before I reach my destination which is completely and utterly stupid.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Fuel surcharges will be another excuse to jack up prices. Airlines buy their fuel in bulk and pay a certain price in advance. But watch, they will increase airfare and blame the fuel costs.

Farmers tacked on 25-50 cents an acre the last fuel price hikes, but when oil and fuel cost got really low, they kept the fuel surcharges in there bills, I guess they liked the profits too much to let it go…

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Hydrogen fuel cell / battery hybrid is the future. When you're running on the fuel cell or cells it will be charging your batteries.

Hydrogen fuel cells will never be viable.
Way to much energy is needed to separate and compress hydrogen to a useful state.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
For long trips, will people in electric vehicles have an extra gallon of voltage in their trunk just in case?

In that respect it's no different than gas. If you push it too close you might be on the side of the road waiting for a charge up.
The problem may arise when there is an accident and you are running low. What happens when there are hundreds of cars waiting for a charge up?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join