It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7 Gallon gas

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I'm not misreading, am I? Per charge mileage, battery version of a full tank, yes?

They're going to have to do a little better than the bigger SUV mileage equivilents as the freakin' average before that reads as a good bang for the buck option, WTH.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
I think it depends on the situation.

If someone goes to work in the morning drives 50 miles and the car sits in the lot for 8 hours and then they drive it back home and plug it in, 250 miles per charge is more than they need.

If you want to go cross country and not have to stop every 4 hours and wait however long it takes to charge back up then obviously an EV is not for you.

The thing is, which of those situations is the most common for the majority of people?

ETA: Bang for the buck also depends on the price per gallon vs price per kwh. At some point, and again it will depend on where someone lives, electric might be cheaper.
edit on 24-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

My truck goes 450 miles on a tank and I can fill up in about 3-4 minutes. If my engine goes out, I'm out 5-6k.
Conversely, EV's go about half that distance, takes 30-60 minutes to 'quick charge' which doesn't get you your full mileage but really only 80% at most. Then when (not if) your battery dies, you're out 10-15k link.

I'm not against electric cars. I have no affinity to the combustion engine. I've looked to buy an EV for my commute but they just don't make sense. The more expensive up front cost, the unreliability of batteries and electronics, the slow charge times, the shaky range figures. All put together this makes EV's inferior in almost every way to the combustion engine vehicle.

So who buys an inferior product for more than the superior one? People looking for novelty, with money to spend. Or people who have a climate activist mindset.

Take a look at the sales chart here and you'll notice the US has flatlined in EV sales: link

This fad is all but through. The only way to keep it alive is high gas prices. What a surprise, that's biden's top priority!
edit on 25-2-2022 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What exactly is inevitable?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
What exactly is inevitable?

The end of production of ICE passenger cars. It's already in every automakers roadmap.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite
Like I said above, it depends on a person's needs.

It would be like me saying: You have a truck? That is the worst vehicle a person can buy, and then rattle off a list of why a truck isn't the right vehicle for me.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

So who buys an inferior product for more than the superior one? People looking for novelty, with money to spend. Or people who have a climate activist mindset.

Excellent point!
Thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why? Certainly not because demand is so huge. They're not even 1% of cars now.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Why? Certainly not because demand is so huge. They're not even 1% of cars now.

Because of the billions they've invested so far and that mandates are coming down in certain states which would force their hands anyway.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The economy needs to collapse. It’s the only way to tear it all down, take out the trash, and start fresh.

Without all this weakness from within.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
There are multiple articles this morning all saying the same thing… Don’t freak out when you see gas that is 7 dollars a gallon!
You know what that tells me, it will really get closer to 10!!

What would that look like for our economy?
Right now a lot of people are working from home. Will this be the push for more people (that can) to work from home?
Will this cause more disruption to finding employees for jobs that are in person. I know some places here are actually now offering a private shuttle because people can’t or won’t drive.

Car sales are absolutely insane, worse I’ve ever seen it in my lifetime.

I think many of us have been saying these things for the last 2 years, I hope people are listening now.
Get your gardens ready, get things that have longevity (clothing, tools, supplies)
When gas prices get like this, everything is passed onto the consumer, everything!

Update 3.8.2022

Your thread was prophetic. Your fan base is growing.

Biden to announce a BAN on Oil Imports from Russia to the USA.

www.foxbusiness.com...

$7 @ Gallon Gas and Hyper-Inflation, Here We Come.

Ready to Impeach this Illegitimate President Yet?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The president can stop accepting oil, but can't authorize pumping more here?
Lol ok sure

What an ahole

Ah....so this war was manufactured to make everyone green....
F you no thank you

edit on 8/3/2022 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/3/2022 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Unreal

The lower $3.00 range was already exorbitant and way out of control

That’s ok…inflation, insanely expensive groceries and gas prices 5x what they should be has already cost Dems Congress
edit on 3/8/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Unreal

The lower $3.00 range was already exorbitant and way out of control

That’s ok…inflation, insanely expensive groceries and gas prices 5x what they should be has already cost Dems Congress

Welcome back to jimmy carters 70's

I knew these people were nostalgic but damn, that sucked.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Wait till these people see Part Deux
You know, where there is RATIONING...

"Hey Boss, I can't come to work today, there isn't any gas!"

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Wait till these people see Part Deux
You know, where there is RATIONING...

"Hey Boss, I can't come to work today, there isn't any gas!"

But
No mean tweets, right, so it works out

How are goods delivered to stores here again?
How are crops harvested?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Worst president ever...
Had a healthy pissing match with some idiots that don't understand how policy impacts the markets, and how that has an impact on prices.

Banning Russian oil/gas is stupid unless you ramp up production at home.

In conjunction with ramping up production you must have policies that encourage production.

I think those of us that remember the 70s will look back on them fondly as good days before this nightmare ends.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
It is almost as if they planned this......

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yea, only possible explanation... the alternative is we have elected and given control of nuclear weapons to a complete and total moron, and then surrounded him with morons this alternative is actually scarier to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Since Saudi Arabia is refusing to take Biden’s calls, i assume OPEC rejected his demands to increase oil production. Likely because the war has screwed them over big time in some way.

Its times like these i’m glad my motorcycle was stolen.
edit on 832022 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join