It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7 Gallon gas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Thanks. Hope you'll keep us informed, because I don't see the push for EVs going away. Too much invested in that movement already.

There are companies who weren't even in EV charging this time last year launching products, it's crazy right now. It reminds me of what occurred during WW2 when manufacturers who didn't make military hardware all of sudden started cranking out goods.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

China controls the mining of raw materials for EV batteries and their manufacture.
This includes lithium, cobalt and graphite.
By all means...let's turn control of the transportation industry over to China.

So much better for everyone.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Even if we use all domestic oil. It costs the US about $30~ to get it out of the ground. Politics aside, a lot of that is because our sources include shale, sand, and some that may not be as easily refined as let's say Saudi. They're just tapping easily refined oil from big pockets.

So our floor after margin is a bit higher.

Then keep in mind we have to use the same product to transport itself.

By the time we get to the policy/taxes portion of percentage per gallon at pump, it's going to be pretty trivial in most states.

But if you look at the times oil prices fluctuated large and fast, it rarely had to do with domestic politics.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Hydrogen fuel cell / battery hybrid is the future. When you're running on the fuel cell or cells it will be charging your batteries.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yes like Augustus said the market to install chargers is huge. Also currently if you have an EV and map your route the route will show you where your charging stations are along the way. I do know that Ford has videos, although I'm not sure if they are available to the general public of road trips from CA to the east coast in the new Mach E.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This minor change in gas prices will be long gone before the trendy bougie elitist push for electric vehicles makes a dent in the auto market.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Crackalackin

I've looked into Hydrogen. We'd have to find a membrane that can hold it without leaking which is a huge issue.

It would be ideal, but there are huge technical barriers right now. Hopefully we can clear those because it's clean, abundant in nature, and easily converted to water after use.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

While these are very minor issues, my biggest concern is what would happen on a vehicle that is solely dependent on its electrical system to operate. I wrote Stellantis about my concerns since they're coming out with a Ram EV in 2024 and their response was:

I bought an electric riding lawn mower. It had issues from the get go. I posted a review that just said I wished I had stuck with conventional gas.
You would not believe the lenghts they went to get me to retract that review. (You really wouldn't believe it, let's just say I ended up with a new replacement mower that also broke!) The customer service was 5* but in the end the product Sucks!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Who was the manufacturer? I was looking at an autonomous electric snow blower, basically a giant Roomba, and I was skeptical that it could do the job without seeing a demo which they didn't have handy.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Trump was so much better for America than your guy

Ron Paul never won, so my guy didn't get in. This doesn't change the fact that we imported a large amount of oil under Trump despite your alternate take on reality.

-18$ a barrel
Thats negative 18$ a barrel for the TDS infected

And as of right now, as the market falls, the only thing still rising is oil, projected to open at 92.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The world is mobilizing for war, but they don’t want a panic or worse, the war drums, whoever has the most gas wins.

Iraq invasion was for oil. Putin must think he can win a war with the us with China backing him.

This is artificial gas rationing, and the virus a perfect military obedience drill, the us failed miserably, because no one takes anything seriously over there, but it is 50 states united, the us wants complete world dominance, and the world where the us has had the most “influence” is in chaos.

If the media wasn’t bought off, you’d be watching all this live on cnn because war is profit for them, but not when the war involves them on us soil, so they are downplaying it.

Biden is the worst to have there. What if China invades Taiwan, and North Korea invades South Korea, it’s world war with Biden in charge.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Who was the manufacturer? I was looking at an autonomous electric snow blower, basically a giant Roomba, and I was skeptical that it could do the job without seeing a demo which they didn't have handy.

I learned my lesson, don't be an early adopter. I'm not saying they won't be good in the future but right now it's not ready.

The brand was Ryobi.
I've have a lot of their battery powered tools and garden tools too, I love 75% of them and the other 25% are duds.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randomname2

Biden is the worst to have there. What if China invades Taiwan, and North Korea invades South Korea, it’s world war with Biden in charge.

Oh Ye of Little Faith...

Never forget how Biden vanquished Corn Pop.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yeah, I know them, they work with our other division.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

perhaps with some engineering you could make the "Roofba", a snow blower that takes care of snow on the roof, you know, so you don't have to climb up there and shovel it. Off the roof. In the freezing cold.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
As of right now, that's correct. Once the majority of Americans depend on them, the prices will likely skyrocket.

For the chargers?

For the electricity used. Whether it's at a charging station formerly known as a gas station, or at your home where electric bills will double or triple.

If I'm left with no choice but to buy an EV, I'll be that guy who straps my obnoxiously loud 7500 watt generator in the bed with the truck plugged into it, putting out more toxic fumes in one 30 minute trip to work than my V8 does in probably 6 months of driving.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randomname2
Iraq invasion was for oil.

If the USA makes a serious run/grab for someone else's oil, they'll move through Mexico like crap through a goose and won't stop 'til the whole of South America is unable to serve as a beachhead for any foreign power. Venezuela's oilfields rival those of the Middle East.

TBH, I can't understand why this hasn't happened already.

Putin must think he can win a war with the us with China backing him.

China would last about 3.5 minutes (unless Milley warns them, as he previously stated he would). The Chinee are quite a ways off from a credible MAD deterrent.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

As of right now, that's correct. Once the majority of Americans depend on them, the prices will likely skyrocket.

For the chargers?

For the electricity used. Whether it's at a charging station formerly known as a gas station, or at your home where electric bills will double or triple.

If I'm left with no choice but to buy an EV, I'll be that guy who straps my obnoxiously loud 7500 watt generator in the bed with the truck plugged into it, putting out more toxic fumes in one 30 minute trip to work than my V8 does in probably 6 months of driving.

Good comparison of EV vs Gas Ownership: www.caranddriver.com...

They used to factor in the cost of replacing the Fuel Cell every 4 year, but that hurdle may have been overcome now.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ok man -18$ a barrel

Thank the Saudis and the rest of the Middle East for all the light sweet crude they send us. Good thing we're 'energy independent', huh? Let me know when we don't need their oil anymore.

Easy, within two years after industrial hemp is legal to grow anywhere in the US. See also: revitalized paper and textile industries. EV’s would be dropped like a crackpipe dream in favor of plain old diesel engines running on hemp seed oil as all it takes is a seed press to gather/refine.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Energy demands are rising globally.

What's the difference between bolstering an existing eletric grid and satisfying fossil fuel demand? Both have the same inherent problem.

I think many people try to pick a side based off of politics. Weigh out the product, challenges, and prices.

Both have pros and cons. We need to let the market decide and stop insisting the federal government play a large role.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join