It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7 Gallon gas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: just4fun

Due to importing from Saudi Arabia among other places.

Ok man -18$ a barrel

Who the f cares how he got us paying -18$ a barrel

What Trump did for us was amazing!: www.macrotrends.net...

How can we empower him to do it again?

Make Trump the joint-Speaker of the House and the Senate maybe?

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No, I knew you weren't. This is what I've heard on our calls with the manufacturers, it's actually handled by another part of the business but the prelim talks on their systems were with our team.

I agree we need more capacity which is why I mentioned earlier I am a proponent of nuclear, it's efficient and safe, despite what the wackos think.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I think it's inevitable that gas reaches those prices.

Sure it will. The folks who want to end the US dollar as the World's Reserve Currency have to destroy its value first.

They can default on the National Debt
They can wreck the dollar via inflation

link   

originally posted by: just4fun
Why the f wouldnt you buy it from the middle east at -18 a barrel and fill our reserves?

How does buying someone else's oil make you energy independent as you claimed?

link   
Just think for a moment. . .

This is what happens when government controls the means of production.

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
As of right now, that's correct. Once the majority of Americans depend on them, the prices will likely skyrocket.

For the chargers?

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
On a side note, it probably wouldn’t hurt some Americans to hop on a bike a little more.

They'd probably crush it if it didn't pedal away from them on its own first.

Again, I'm right here.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just think for a moment. . .

This is what happens when government controls the means of production.

Free Stuff?

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
$7/ gallon gas would dump us into a recession real quick. Remember when gas shot through the roof during Obama's term? You couldn't give SUVs away...

Of course, seeing the writing on the wall, I decided to go out a purchase a Jeep Rubicon 392. Nothing like a refrigerator on wheels that can do 0 to 60 in 4 seconds. I love EV cars, but in no way are they as exhilarating to the senses as a well-tuned v8 or other motor. Decided to go out and get a stupid fast v8 truck with a loud exhaust before they are gone. Figure it will be a highly desirable collector car.

The adoption rate of EVs is high at least in more urban areas. Prices will continue to come down. As demand for gas decreases, gas prices will fall. If we can get Brandon out of office and pick back up on Trumps energy policy, it will further decrease gas prices...

Hopefully, all the covid mitigations with increased gas prices and other inflation will get people to think about how they are voting for this fall and the next Pres election.
edit on 21-2-2022 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Just letting you know the landscape from someone who is on the inside of a lot of this.

What's the inside scoop on marketing EVs to folks who drive cross-country?

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How does buying someone else's oil make you energy independent as you claimed?

that is an excellent question and I could be a real “B” here…
This could be a whole other post/topic. Why are Americans so addicted to cheap?
We would rather buy 100 cheap plastic plates from China than 10 pottery plates made in America for the same prices.
This is our problem.

So many people like to scream America first, but NO, you haven’t put America first, you’ve put China, and Taiwan, and India and a plethora of other places first.

Photo of my dinner plates. Bought them in 2009 and use them multiple times a day and they still look brand new. I thought they were expensive when I bought them, but I now realize they were a steal. I can no longer buy them, all the operations went to China.

edit on 21-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Media yelling war war war is driving the market.
Its the same bs.
The cost to get the capped wells back in play is here.
Prices will drop soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: carewemust

Just watch what happens to the electric car industry after China takes Taiwan.

Something is already upside down in that industry. Used cars cost more than new cars (of the same model) here in the Midwest.

well we purchased the new 2022 jeep limited L vehicle not to long ago as a 3rd row midsize suv . wife went out of town with the kids and the power steering gave out and the lane assist went bazerk had to get it towed.

turns out it was a firmware update issue .. really considering getting rid of it and buying something pre 2019.

add the new business model that vehicles are taking like bmw charging monthly fees for heated seats for eternity ,eventhogh you pay extra for the hardware to be installed in the first place .

then realize that the auto industry FIXED their chip supply issue by REDUCING their quality standards for chips and i suspect pre 2019 vehicles are going to be in demand until lobbyist step in and declare them anti green in the global climate alarmist war.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

The major retailers, hospitality and current fuel companies are looking to install chargers on their properties to get a portion of the payment scheme. The newer fast chargers are able to get you back on the road in 10 minutes with an 80% charge from what we have been seeing.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Why are Americans so addicted to cheap?

Pretty sure we hit this when we discussed food and supermarkets, we like cheap, abundant and convenient and when you have all three you begin to cut corners all over, including outsourcing for goods and resources.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

turns out it was a firmware update issue .. really considering getting rid of it and buying something pre 2019.

Relative just had the same issue with a feature on his car…

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ehhh EV is not just for the rich anymore.
With that said how does the EV market get that energy???
Kinda makes one think?!

Let me tell you something else from experience, when an electric or hybrid vehicle “glitches” its one of the scariest things you can experience.

Battery replacement for electric vehicles can run up to 20K,,,, yes just for the battery!

One of the biggest things people experience with technology these days is a glitch in the electrical system. My 2016 Ram would have a minor glitch on the parking sensors and back-up camera periodically. It would only fix itself after I turned my truck off and back on. My 2021 Ram has done the same thing and I just bought it last July. My wife bought a 2022 Palisade and the 2nd day she had it, the back-up camera glitched out until she turned the car off and back on.

While these are very minor issues, my biggest concern is what would happen on a vehicle that is solely dependent on its electrical system to operate. I wrote Stellantis about my concerns since they're coming out with a Ram EV in 2024 and their response was:

"Hello Tommy,
Thank you for following up with us and the loyalty to the brand.

Great questions. The corporation has been keeping the development of the next gen really close and quiet.
I recommend keeping tabs on the Stellantis Media Site, as new information is reveled it will be post there first.
https://(link tracking not allowed)/3BEmKwX"

I assume this guy meant "revealed" and "posted". Either way, I asked all of my questions on a FB post that they made and they asked me to message them directly, then give me a response that, of course, leaves me in the dark.

edit on 21-2-2022 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The major retailers, hospitality and current fuel companies are looking to install chargers on their properties to get a portion of the payment scheme. The newer fast chargers are able to get you back on the road in 10 minutes with an 80% charge from what we have been seeing.

Depending on how fast that happens there will need to be massive infrastructure improvements.
Right now most places have 1 or 2 charging stations.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Depending on how fast that happens there will need to be massive infrastructure improvements.
Right now most places have 1 or 2 charging stations.

Retailers are looking to install tens of thousands, there isn't enough supply right now to meet demand from the manufacturers. With the stated EV conversion dates from Ford, Stellantis and GM just here in the US it's become a very lucrative market.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Thanks. Hope you'll keep us informed, because I don't see the push for EVs going away. Too much invested in that movement already.

And, 10 minutes ain't so bad unless you're behind 6 other drivers.

Cheers,
Snarl

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join