It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7 Gallon gas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: just4fun
Remember when Trump made us energy independent and had them literally giving oil away

Was that when we were importing millions of barrels of oil to meet our demand? Maybe check the EIA data and see for yourself.

-18$ a barrel

Trump was so much better for America than your guy

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

These issues didn't happen in a vacuum and they didn't happen overnight.

If government actually cared for the poor, they'd drop the taxes on fuel.

Obviously they haven't because obviously they don't.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
Local Left-mouthpiece radio station had a discussion on this last week.

Their angle was a threatening “What WILL it take to make you stop driving?”.

For those of us who don’t live downtown, giving up driving isn’t an option. Short-term neither is an electric vehicle because many areas don’t have the capacity to support the chargers. The energy needs to come from somewhere.

Pea-brains don't realize that the price of the food they eat is directly dependent upon the price of gasoline.

VP Kamala Harris tells Americans to get ready for additional fuel-related inflation due to her and Biden allowing the Russia-Ukraine situation to happen.

Me and Joe have your backs!: www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
On a side note, it probably wouldn’t hurt some Americans to hop on a bike a little more.

They'd probably crush it if it didn't pedal away from on its own first.

I used to bike at minimum 2 hours everyday when I lived in Europe.
I did a fair amount in Florida too.

Moved to the Midwest and blah!!! Let’s face it, most places in the US just weren’t planned for travel by any means other than car/truck.

link   
Do you remember back when gas got up to or close to $4 a gallon and the media asked Dubya every press conference what he was going to do about it? Good times.

link   

Ron Paul never won, so my guy didn't get in. This doesn't change the fact that we imported a large amount of oil under Trump despite your alternate take on reality.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Just watch what happens to the electric car industry after China takes Taiwan.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Our Illinois governor says he'll reduce the 36 cents a gallon tax by 3 pennies...maybe.

Biden didn't send the $40 Billion he requested, in order to replace the money his people stole from the Teachers Retirement fund. So Pritzker is resistant to anything that reduces revenue.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Let’s face it, most places in the US just weren’t planned for travel by any means other than car/truck.

Agreed, plus biking to and from work/recreation is a good way to get a squishy.

link   

Ron Paul never won, so my guy didn't get in. This doesn't change the fact that we imported a large amount of oil under Trump despite your alternate take on reality.

-18$ a barrel
Thats negative 18$ a barrel for the TDS infected
edit on 21-2-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Something is already upside down in that industry. Used cars cost more than new cars (of the same model) here in the Midwest.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

Due to importing from Saudi Arabia among other places.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Every heard an Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend… Yeah…
Here are Putin and Xi having a good ol’ time making dumplings!
Xi asked Putin to hold off until the Olympics and voila!

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

a reply to: just4fun

Due to importing from Saudi Arabia among other places.

Ok man -18$ a barrel

Who the f cares how he got us paying -18$ a barrel

edit on 21-2-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Our Illinois governor says he'll reduce the 36 cents a gallon tax by 3 pennies...maybe.

Illinois is my home, but it is the most corrupt costly state. When living there you try to put the blinders on but it’s really hard. Until you move you will never realize how bad it is.

I remember for years after being shocked at how much we were screwed over there. The very first incident. I went to register my kids for school. It only cost $40 or something like that, in Illinois it was many many times that. That seems like a small amount, but small amounts many times over add up to 75% of your paycheck!

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Ok man -18$ a barrel

Thank the Saudis and the rest of the Middle East for all the light sweet crude they send us. Good thing we're 'energy independent', huh? Let me know when we don't need their oil anymore.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And if Big Pharma actually cared for the sick Insulin would be free

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
totally off topic here, but have we (the collective we) figured out what to do with the batteries once they die? Throw them into the ocean off the coast of Japan?

The plans that I saw were to repurpose them for home use coupled with solar as the demand on them is not as intensive as if they were installed in a vehicle. After that I am not sure.

You know who I work for so you're aware I have no reason to embellish this.

I wasn't in "bust your balls mode", it's a legitimate question that we all need to understand when factoring in the savings to the Earth in all this. I'm in the minority that thinks more than 1.2 minutes into the future.

Just as the energy required to charge these batteries comes from somewhere. It would be a shame if we let the greenies get everything they wanted, only to find they flucked up the planet more than if they were to STFU and sit the F down.

If they come up with a viable alternative fuel source that doesn't require more energy they we use today, it would be welcomed by all. (except for the oil folks)

link   

Ok man -18$ a barrel

Thank the Saudis and the rest of the Middle East for all the light sweet crude they send us. Good thing we're 'energy independent', huh? Let me know when we don't need their oil anymore.

Why the f wouldnt you buy it from the middle east at -18 a barrel and fill our reserves?

It was actually genius

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Then they'll charge just as much or more to allow people to charge their car on the road.

The third party charging market is looking to be highly competitive at this point with many companies not normally associated with EV charging either manufacturing or partnering with manufacturers. There is also a very healthy home charging sector so if you are commuting you would not need to use a third party.

Just letting you know the landscape from someone who is on the inside of a lot of this.

As of right now, that's correct. Once the majority of Americans depend on them, the prices will likely skyrocket.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join