It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Deniers Protesters willing to give up their Medical care if they get Covid?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

question you have to ask is will the "cure" extended quarantine be worse than the virus..

Cause what happens when the revenue is gone completely and Social security isn't getting paid, or food stamps, or we run out of beef in the stores, or milk, or eggs because right now there are issues getting that stuff in, then packaged and to market. Truckers are still doing their thing but its from the farm to the truckers that hiccups are starting to occur, and eventually we will run out of pre-stored goods.

At what point do we let the non-big city areas (mostly not badly impacted) get back to work so food, and revenue continue to be generated.

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Grimpachi

Point is quarantine only works if everyone follows it. The ignorant and arrogant who refuse to self-quarantine or even take basic precautions will assure that the virus keeps spreading. It only takes one idiot or one person who wants to see it all burn to spread that sh!t all over again if infections drop. We can't stop that kind of thing so it is time to throw up the white flag and surrender this war is lost. At least we can get people back to work. Yeah, there will be casualties but that is the price we have to pay.

They are going to be the same ones saying they didn't know it was so bad & deadly too!

If you're feeling like the betting type today, why not just bet the deed on a drastic spike in protester/quarantine scoffer deaths by May 1st if you're so sure of yourself? Whereas I'll bet the opposite -- no spike by the 1st.

One of us will be right. The other will have to contend with being wrong.
edit on 4/19/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: bender151

Indeed, your right to survival stops where mine begins. You don't like it? I don't care.

You take your precautions, I'll take mine. Mine don't include cowering behind closed doors, and getting sick when you decide to come outside eventually.

I'll take my chances with it. I'll wash my hands and take sensible precautions, but that's as far as I'm willing to go.

I'm most certainly not going to trust the govt. to know what's best for me. That's my job.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have good insurance that my company pays for so why should I give up rights to something that is bought and paid for in the private sector? Should I also give up my rights to buy groceries to?
edit on 19-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: Grimpachi

Did any of the protesters get sick?

Ask that in a few weeks and it might be an "actual valid question" right now..it's not.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

edit on 19-4-2020 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Ask that in a few weeks and it might be an "actual valid question" right now..it's not.

Does it even matter if they get it or not if they are not high risk?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I have good insurance that my company pays for so why should I give up rights to something that is bought and paid for in the private sector? Should I also give up my rights to buy groceries to?

Classic 'F# you, I got mine' sentiment.

Way to be socially responsible!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Elections held April 7th here
www.greenbaypressgazette.com...

Green Bay to hold in-person voting at East and West High instead of the usual 31 polling sites

Followed by:

www.jsonline.com...

2:52 p.m.: Brown County sees largest increase in cases outside Milwaukee

Both Brown and Milwaukee county had condensed their voting places, both are seeing spikes. hmmmmmm

I'll be watching areas around Brookfield, I'm sure numbers will be spiking very soon.

edit on 19-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Does it even matter if they get it or not if they are not high risk?

Overall, maybe not. That is, if they aren't carrying it, and spreading to others who may be at risk. I'm guessing..being a man, that probably 40% of men over 40 have some underlying issue.

I agree for the most part, if you are healthy, it's probably not going to kill you.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Not anymore than the morons that don't immunize their kids wont pay out of pocket for a vaccine preventable illness

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Classic 'F# you, I got mine' sentiment.

Way to be socially responsible!

Well, he does have a point. If he pays for something, then what in Sam Hill gives anyone the right to revoke it after it's paid for? Your personal arbitrary knee-jerking?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: vonclod

Elections held April 7th here
www.greenbaypressgazette.com...

Green Bay to hold in-person voting at East and West High instead of the usual 31 polling sites

Followed by:

www.jsonline.com...

2:52 p.m.: Brown County sees largest increase in cases outside Milwaukee

Both Brown and Milwaukee county had condensed their voting places, both are seeing spikes. hmmmmmm

I hope it does not get out of hand, I'm erring on the side of caution in my world.

I sure do not like this, and question it. Hard to know what to believe at times.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
These are really sad days that are polarizing people, whether by design or not. All across Idaho there were protests yesterday, and what stood out most was the children.
Never mind the fact that there was no social distancing, or few were wearing masks. Children don't have the mental maturity or knowledge to deal with such frightening adult issues. Little four and five year old kids holding protest signs was a very sad sight, for me. We're supposed to protect our children from the Boogieman.
There are a lot of people who's income depends on our elderly population, since it's one fourth of our local population. Those refusing to follow the guidelines and only go out for essential shopping are exposing all of the healthcare workers in our valley.Those workers have begun to introduce the virus into the nursing homes where they work.
The mobile elderly are using large stores like Walmart and Costco to do their daily 'laps'.
It's obvious social distancing isn't going to work, even with government mandates.
I have no answers; just a lot of sadness. Life WILL go on, but at a great price.The social unrest brewing scares me more than the virus, at this point. It doesn't matter if it was by intentional design, or not. the consequences will be the same.
edit on 700000055America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Not anymore than the morons that don't immunize their kids wont pay out of pocket for a vaccine preventable illness

Beautiful example,
Let's take Polio for example...

Polio does still exist, although polio cases have decreased by over 99% since 1988, from an estimated more than 350 000 cases to 22 reported cases in 2017. This reduction is the result of the global effort to eradicate the disease. Today, only 3 countries in the world have never stopped transmission of polio Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria).

Despite the progress achieved since 1988, as long as a single child remains infected with poliovirus, children in all countries are at risk of contracting the disease. The poliovirus can easily be imported into a polio-free country and can spread rapidly amongst unimmunized populations. Failure to eradicate polio could result in as many as 200 000 new cases every year, within 10 years, all over the world.

Sound a little familiar?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

"What is yours is theirs".
-Authoritarian Doctrine 101

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: game over man

Take the Detroit area out of the numbers and we are way in the bottom half. The UP is a whole different place. We can't have our lawn mowed but can get fined for it not being mowed how stupid is that

That you won't mow your own lawn? Pretty stupid.

Taking out Detroit, or all of Wayne County? You're not even looking at the numbers. Take out Wayne county you still have over 1000 deaths.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

i was hoping grim would know.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Four of them do.

The hospitals aren't overwhelmed. Maybe a few. I know many many people who work for doctors and hospitals. UNEMPLOYED at the moment.

Just because overcrowded metropolitan areas have difficulties with managing a swift and large increase in patients doesn't mean the whole country is in pandemic mode. Because clearly it isn't.

Just a bunch of emotional drama I see here.

Reason 6,379 why I chose to live in rural areas.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I agree for the most part, if you are healthy, it's probably not going to kill you.

Statistically extremely low unless you have rather bad underlining conditions. 89% of those who have died are like this and a chunk of the remainder are older people past 70.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join