It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Deniers Protesters willing to give up their Medical care if they get Covid?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Today in my state we had a parade of sorts.

A whole bunch of people that want the state opened at any cost.
What I found interesting watching it, is that there are obviously different levels of disbelief.
Some people had on full N95 masks, some had homemade masks, some wore just bandannas.
Others had absolutely nothing on (their face). Many that were standing outside were VERY close to each other.
Some cars drove by, yet didn't roll down their windows.

I think we can all agree the safer at home was touted as a method to lower the curve. Never to stop the virus, because
it can't be stopped right now. It was to stop the hospitals from being overwhelmed. When they are overwhelmed people can
die from lack of space/care/other emergencies. etc. I actually think many states did a good job lowering the curve.
For different reasons (which is not really what I want to get into right now) people feel it is safe enough to go ahead and open it up.

I think if you truly believe your state/area should be opened at ALL costs, you should start with yourself and family first.
Make a pledge that when you get it, IF the hospitals are overwhelmed you'll take the back seat to those that were either essential workers or
practiced safer at home.

I have a sneaking suspicion, when that happens, they will also be the first ones complaining about the lack of care.

For those that say that people should be able to wear protective gear and follow social distancing while reopening. I can tell you first hand these people were shoulder to shoulder. I would have had a lot more respect for the protest if they actually were standing far enough away from each other & actually practicing social distancing. If anything they were a perfect example why most places aren't ready.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Great post, S&F! I saw the protests too and just shook my head. Any progress that Wisconsin made will be nullified if this kind of crap keeps going on. Some people simply don’t care. They are burying their heads in the sand hoping if they do, this will all go away. It won’t. It will keep getting worse because of idiots.

I also agree with your point that they will be the first ones bitching. Nobody is willing to put their money where their mouth is. It’s truly sad.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't know. Die from the virus or watch everything you have spent a lifetime building destroyed by a government lock down.
People can not buy paint, seeds, or plants because of some misguided directive coming from an authoritarian governor who IMO is in way over her head and to top it off she is not very smart. The people voted her in now they get to live with that piss poor decision.

As far as hospitals being overwhelmed ??? Maybe in N.Y. initially yet there are hundreds of stories of Doctors and hospital staff being laid off across the country simple because there are no patients.. Go figure.

Unfortunately many do not have medical coverage already unless they have an obscene amount of money laying around for the deductible.

So like I said, "I don't know" however I do know Americans given what they think is a proper amount of time will tell a governor or any other enforcer to go "stick it" if they feel they are being unjustly treated.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

People can not buy paint, seeds, or plants

Where?

My friend in Michigan said that exact thing and 50 comments followed with places to buy those exact things.

As far as hospitals being overwhelmed ???

Isn't that the whole point???
edit on 18-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

I don't know. Die from the virus or watch everything you have spent a lifetime building destroyed by a government lock down.

There has to be a middle ground??
edit on 18-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Great post, S&F! I saw the protests too and just shook my head. Any progress that Wisconsin made will be nullified if this kind of crap keeps going on. Some people simply don’t care. They are burying their heads in the sand hoping if they do, this will all go away. It won’t. It will keep getting worse because of idiots.

I also agree with your point that they will be the first ones bitching. Nobody is willing to put their money where their mouth is. It’s truly sad.

The amount of old people I saw in the crowds was disturbing. I think we are going to see an uptick very soon.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Make a pledge that when you get it, IF the hospitals are overwhelmed you'll take the back seat to those that were either essential workers or practiced safer at home.

Let's start with the safe-at-home pledging that when they get it, IF the hospitals are overwhelmed, they will take the back seat to the essentials workers... those who are risking the most for them to stay safe at home.
edit on 18-4-2020 by Boadicea because: added "essential workers"

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Obviously you are willing to give up your rights for not getting COVID

What other reasons would you give up your rights for?

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
They tell everyone to stay at home and limit contact with others to try to stop a massive uptick in cases to keep from overwhelming the hospitals.

The hospitals tell all elective patients to wait at home for a bit too. Just in case a crapload of covid people rush in.

It works.

The deniers:

"See! It was all a ruse! Look! The hospitals are empty and we have a lot less cases than they said we could have gotten!
Let's all go back to muh freedoms!"

Duh. The freakin plan worked.

Now, I'm all for starting things up, but let's be cool hunny bunnies.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

People can not buy paint, seeds, or plants because of some misguided directive coming from an authoritarian governor who IMO is in way over her head and to top it off she is not very smart. The people voted her in now they get to live with that piss poor decision.

As far as hospitals being overwhelmed ??? Maybe in N.Y. initially yet there are hundreds of stories of Doctors and hospital staff being laid off across the country simple because there are no patients.. Go figure.

Unfortunately many do not have medical coverage already unless they have an obscene amount of money laying around for the deductible.

So like I said, "I don't know" however I do know Americans given what they think is a proper amount of time will tell a governor or any other enforcer to go "stick it" if they feel they are being unjustly treated.

It can all be gone in an instant - fire, flood, earthquake, etc....

You may be willing to give your life for your stuff - but not everyone is.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Jag, usually I agree with your posts. I just can't on this one.

I'll do it.

I'll take a backseat. And I won't complain.
If people are worried, they can stay home and safe. What I do should not affect those people
Oh, and on the MI thing? It depends on the rules set by our Bat#$#$ crazy governor, so it isn't bs. Store sizes and whatnot.

Oh, and I do have COPD, so that does put me at a higher risk than most of you.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Where?
I do not live in Michigan so all I can say is what I have read or seen. Plenty of videos saying no seeds, no paint, no plants.

Evidently a few citizens have decided they have had enough of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's directives. If they get sick and die it is on their backs and she can say, "See I told you so." It is OK for liquir stores and lottery ticks to be sold is it not....Oh the government gets taxes off those items so go ahead...but no seeds paint or plants...youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is what happens when our government leaders do not give specific information to their constituents. They fail to realize you do not make an effective leader by being vague and giving your people the run around.

Of course from their prospective our elected leaders like to play their hand close to the vest as to not leave themselves open to being wrong or criticized for making a mistake. By keeping their plans and message vague they can spin the native any way they want later.

And unfortunately that works for them most of the time. And even more unfortunately this is definitely not one of those times

In the absence of real leadership, planing and the sharing of meaningful information people will fill in the blanks themselves and clearly some people have decided that the situation is not as dire as the talking heads say it is.

I can't blame people for being human; this is all on our ineffective leaders.
edit on 18-4-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Where?

My friend in Michigan said that exact thing and 50 comments followed with places to buy those exact things.

Care to hook a B up here? If your friend is in W MI, drop me a PM with a list, because I'm having a hell of a time finding anywhere that is selling them. Bonus points if it includes places I can get plants.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

www.politifact.com...

Grocery stores, of course, remain open. And neither the order nor the FAQs mention any restriction on the sale of fruit or seeds. The order does not prohibit gardening or the sale of any particular product in Michigan. Stores in Michigan larger than 50,000 square feet must close areas for garden centers and plant nurseries, as well as those that sell carpet or flooring, furniture and paint.

It also appears you can order online and pick up curbside for many places. To me that is a very fair middle ground.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Where?

As far as hospitals being overwhelmed ???

Isn't that the whole point???

There has to be a middle ground??

Not with our governor, nor if you live in a small town that doesn't have even a grocery store anymore. I was in WalMart yesterday because our local dollar store didn't have mouse traps and we have a family of them again. Their paint racks ARE taped off, as are their garden supplies. However, someone put a couple of racks of seeds in a main isle so I grabbed what I think I might grow, along with some seed starter kits. They even had a cart with a handful of assorted herbs and a few other things but you cannot go into the garden area and buy stuff there. We have the time and money now to paint and we can't buy paint. Most of their food shelves were thin and they were still out of a lot of things.

Small businesses that do not have public traffic (small manufacturers run by just a few people and ship everything) cannot be open and those are the type of people that stand to lose everything. That's not right. There is no danger of the owner contracting the virus or spreading it if they aren't around anyone else yet these people are being denied their source of income.

I don't hate very many but our governor is quickly getting close to that list.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

The amount of old people I saw in the crowds was disturbing. I think we are going to see an uptick very soon.

Maybe they feel obligated to tell the world that they should be cautious not to ruin the economy on their account.

I know my father feels this way; he had a kidney transplant two years ago and is on immune system depressants. He is doing what he should to stay safe; but doesn't want to see the rest of us hurt economically on his account.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I have no problem taking your pledge. I am doing (and have been doing a regime before this virus started) of supplements. I don't have any fear of being in the general public or anything like that.

My question for you is this we did the lockdown, Social distancing for ( I am at a month and will be longer in washington state our order is for May fourth) a reason like you say to slow the curve and things you mentioned in your post. All reports say the vaccine is a year away at the fastest. Are we supposed to quarrantine for a year until there is a vaccine?? Are we not supposed to have an economy for a year??

Because by your rationale until there is a vaccine we should not be around people and continue to quarrantine.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just really hate virtue signaling

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

www.politifact.com...

Grocery stores, of course, remain open. And neither the order nor the FAQs mention any restriction on the sale of fruit or seeds. The order does not prohibit gardening or the sale of any particular product in Michigan. Stores in Michigan larger than 50,000 square feet must close areas for garden centers and plant nurseries, as well as those that sell carpet or flooring, furniture and paint.

It also appears you can order online and pick up curbside for many places. To me that is a very fair middle ground.

It depends. When I shop for lumber I pick the best items I can find. When I want paint I need to see the colors in person. I need flooring for my home office right now and I don't want garbage plywood, I want it as clear as I can get it. The order does prohibit having someone do your lawn and mine is getting to that point now. I had a heart attack last summer and there are some things I cannot do anymore. Prohibiting me from having my nephew come in and mow is ridiculous. We text, I leave money outside for him and that's it. He usually comes when I'm working but now that I'm working at home temporarily we still don't need to see each other, there wouldn't be any contact.

I feel for people who own vacation property or just other property they want to spend time on right now, if you're self-sufficient you don't have to go to the local store anytime soon, you can do what I did yesterday and wear gloves when you get gas. Not being able to go fishing because your boat has a motor on it is outrageous. The governor has the state-owned properties being mowed, she's getting her hair done, being close to others in conferences and meetings that she's gallivanting off to in recent days and weeks. She's prohibiting a lot of people from safely running their businesses or being able to safely distance themselves while enjoying nature and throwing all the other back in our faces.

These are some of the things we're pissed about.
edit on 18-4-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Do you know what's NOT in short supply right now?

Soap.
Deodorant.
Toothpaste.
Shampoo.
Razors.
Booze.

So we have a bunch of drunk, smelly, disgusting people out there pulling in their government checks not giving a # about the virus. Right? I don't know but the thought turns my stomach.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join