It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Angelic Resurrection, your skeptical attitude is warranted, you'll get no argument from me, I am at 55% belief right now, but as a Scientifically oriented individual, I respect and fully understand your caution. Like most skeptics, I'm sure you would like to see this technology validated and put into widespread use, the world needs this right now, the potential of positive change is massive, way beyond the average layman's imagination, but the likelihood of fraud is also high, if Rossi had not been involved in fraud and criminal behavior in the past I would be at 75% belief, instead of the 55% I'm at now.

I would like to address and detail the enormous changes that will occur if this is real, but like you, I'll wait for confirmation before making public statements that could later be seen as premature. You are a logical and friendly skeptic and as such you are contributing to truth and ultimate scientific knowledge, a worthy endeavor.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areyoupeopleinsane

A simple and effective way of getting your product into the market NOW instead of wasting time trying to convince everyone it works.

You might be right, but a simple "demo setup" which would convince would be ultra, ultra easy.

He COULD have made a demonstration with ONE unit powering a light, Christmas tree, whatever..ONE single unit. But he didn't. Instead of spending half an afternoon to set-up such a simple "proof of concept" he built complex "1MW generators" units but failed to convince skeptics which he could have done EASILY.

And sorry, i think this is fishy.

And sorry that serious science needs observation, proof, validation...and if this is MISSING (which it obviously is!) it is not serious science - and the chance of it being a fraud/scam is still in the air.

If i make extraordinary claims then i should make at least an attempt to prove what i am saying - otherwise i am either a scammer/liar and might be it until proven otherwise. This is not a religion, we are dealing with SCIENCE and not faith here.
edit on 17-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I wonder who actually owns Defkalion?

I also wonder whether you could follow the trail of ownership back to Rossi.

Their latest release is being put forward of validation of Rossi's work, without ever having to provide any further proof. A little manufactured drama, carefully orchestrated, makes for great publicity. If Rossi has proven anything, it's that he is a master of carefully orchestrated drama

I do so wish it could all be true, but there is a stink about the whole thing that I just can't ignore

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The contract with the University of Bologna seems to be running late. No announcements from anyone. If Rossi has the $2million or whatever for the initial plant (and supposedly 13 more) it seems a bit odd that he isn't even talking about funding this research project. It's fair enough to push ahead with development, but why impede science if you are already successfully selling devices and thus have capital?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

That's right, specially considering that the contract included analysis and improvements of the system, so getting that 500,000 euros (plus taxes) would be important, not only as a validation that he has a working system but also as a way to make it better.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

It would make for a great scam to get the appearance of legitimacy though. Link yourself to a recognized institution (like he has done with NASA) and people will be more likely to accept your claims.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
More announcements by Francesco Celani, to be discussed at the upcoming Geneva WSEC 2012 conference, the details are too technical to fully explain here,(I just barely understand it.), but he has found a phenomenon that could be a marker for how LENR, CANR, WD, Cold Fusion, E-Cats operate at a Quantum level. In simple terms, he has found that if he heats and pressurizes a nickel copper wire with Hydrogen, it's resistance goes DOWN instead of up, in relation to its temperature, this is contrary to what happens with a normal wire, as in an electric toaster the wire's resistance normally goes up with rising temperatures, by examining the process Scientists may be able to derive rules and make predictions that can be tested. If this is related to how Rossi's E-Cat is generating heat the secrets may be understood and become widely disseminated to the public and the Science and Physics community. Things are happening in the field, at least with Celani and his teams research efforts, I imagine that labs everywhere are quickly setting up to investigate this rapidly emerging and little understood distant cousin of Hot Fusion. The conference web site has released his slides to be used in his presentation, they do not feature the "reverse heating- reverse resistance" effects but do discuss the current state of what is known and also some successful experiments that are reliably generating very large amounts of anomalous excess heat for up to six days at a time. The continued emergence of new discoveries by well known Physicists tend to validate Rossi's claims and make the E-Cats operation more plausible.

Google Translate enabled link to Italian site with Conference information

But still no Rossi hardware has been independently tested and verified, so the wait for confirmation continues.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

Thank you very much for this important Update.

Waiting the United Nations WSEC 2012 Geneva meeting! www.uniseo.org...

Pdf. www.uniseo.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Information about the "Positive Temperature Coefficient" experimental results here;
eCatnews link to Celani data

Quote from the article below.

In these weeks our group, working with long and thin wires having the surface coated with micro-nano-particles, get re-confirmation of a phenomenon, by us, seldom observed in some previous experiments: the specific alloy used (Cu-Ni), that usually has Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) of the resistance, if absorbs large amount of Hydrogen, changes to Negative TC. Such phenomenon is correlated to anomalous heat production and increases as the anomalous heat increases. If such key phenomenon will be kept under full control, because its behaviour can be observed with simple instrumentation, it can be open the door to systematic work, worldwide, to find the “optimal” material and operating point.

Information about Rossi's work with National Instruments from his blog indicates that they, (NI), are working with Rossi to develop advanced integrated control systems, designed to stabilize and regulate the reaction, not simply provide instrumentation and measurement hardware. If true, and there are various entities working together with Rossi, there may be a basis for thinking that the E-Cat may be based upon, physical, functional hardware, not vaporware.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RING0

They are being paid to work with Rossi, it does nothing to validate the e-cat. The research you have linked is definitely interesting, but also does nothing to validate the e-cat as of yet. I would love this to be true, but if it looks and acts like a scam, it remains a scam. I'm not going to just have faith. This is science, scientifically validate the invention and I'm on board.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Interview with Rossi Slated for January 14, 3pm MST (22:00 GMT)

more information here.
PESN

As others have said, until this tech is validated by neutral parties, we should exercise great caution. If Rossi really starts making these units and selling them, he will effectively bypass the scientific communities examination and validation , it looks like this is precisely what Rossi is attempting to do. If Rossi can put these devices into the hands of end users and they are happy and satisfied with them, this will bypass the usual method of scientific investigation and reporting. This is an unusual set of circumstances, where an inventor is making claims about an invention that he is not allowing to be scrutinized by the scientific community. I am personally waiting for Rossi's hardware to appear in the wild, where it can be independently examined, according to Rossi's public statements, this should happen within a year.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There is some confusion with Rossi's E-Cat claims and the reality of LENR Cold Fusion in general, to me, the anomalous energy generation has been confirmed many times over the last twenty years by well known scientists and researchers, especially recent results with Hydrogen Nickel systems. This includes peer reviewed reports from many scientists around the world, the problem is that Rossi is claiming amounts of heat energy far beyond the amounts seen by any of these other researchers. The Hydrogen Nickel systems making heat energy has been validated and documented to my satisfaction, but the E-Cat has not. The list of papers and journals and the sites that have them archived are too numerous to post here, but over time the data has been accumulating while being ignored by many of the established Physics Scientists. In short, something is going on in the field, it looks real, but Rossi is outside of the science community, he is an experimentalist like Edison, they tinker with theories at the edge of knowledge and the results if real will speak for themselves.

With world class research institutions like NASA speaking out publicly about LENR being valid, it is safe to say something is afoot in the world of Physics. For an example of what I am saying check out this new video from NASA about LENR (cold fusion)
technologygateway.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RING0
Interview with Rossi Slated for January 14, 3pm MST (22:00 GMT)

more information here.
PESN

As others have said, until this tech is validated by neutral parties, we should exercise great caution. If Rossi really starts making these units and selling them, he will effectively bypass the scientific communities examination and validation , it looks like this is precisely what Rossi is attempting to do. If Rossi can put these devices into the hands of end users and they are happy and satisfied with them, this will bypass the usual method of scientific investigation and reporting. This is an unusual set of circumstances, where an inventor is making claims about an invention that he is not allowing to be scrutinized by the scientific community. I am personally waiting for Rossi's hardware to appear in the wild, where it can be independently examined, according to Rossi's public statements, this should happen within a year.

He has already built a complete 1 mega watt unit tested it to the satisfaction of the customer and sold it to them. I wish people would actually read the damn links provided and stop repeating non-sense. The device has been examined by several prominent scientist who observed the greater output and that there was no trickery involved. Rossi is withholding what catalyst he is using as it is proprietary and he has been burned before by the so called scientific community. And it is just good business sense to do that until it is established. But idiots are still whining for peer reviewed BS from the politically connected supposed scientific community. We are way past that. Results are pesky little things that are hard to argue with but idiots will continue to do so as there seems to be an over abundance of them in our current society.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

oh dear - here we go , again there is no independant co-oberation of the tests , no evidence for the very existance of the alledged " customer "

you acuse others of BS - thats priceless , all you are doint is repeating rossi`s unevidenced claims
edit on 13-1-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
He has already built a complete 1 mega watt unit tested it to the satisfaction of the customer and sold it to them.

Has he? Any proof at all of that, like who was the customer? Or is this just another of Rossi's claims?

It seems just another case of fraud, like the orbo, and some people blindly ignore the facts and just claim it works with zero evidence.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

oh dear - here we go , again there is no independant co-oberation of the tests , no evidence for the very existance of the alledged " customer "

Somewhere in the "E-Cat Weekly" pages at PESN I saw something recently that said Rossi is lining up another customer that will be 100% public and transparent. They will allow their name to be known, they will publish their testing data, they will demonstrate the technology to the public.

So just wait and see. What else is there to do?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

And what will you say when this doesn't happen and Rossi has some excuse, such as "Oh the clients funding didn't come through" or some other nonsense? It. Won't. Happen. Hope I am wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
He has already built a complete 1 mega watt unit tested it to the satisfaction of the customer and sold it to them.

Actually Rossi claimed it was what, 470kw? It did not reach 1MW. Conveniently there was a 470KW generator attached. Who is the customer? We have no customer, we have a CLAIM there was a customer with no independent verification.

I wish people would actually read the damn links provided and stop repeating non-sense.

We did read the links, there is no evidence, just claims. Hey, I can capture a star and provide the world with limitless energy, I will sell you a star for $10,000. I have provided you with the same amount of evidence as Rossi, so let's do this deal.

The device has been examined by several prominent scientist who observed the greater output and that there was no trickery involved.

Categorically untrue, name the exact scientists and date they were allowed to independently test the e-cat.

Results are pesky little things that are hard to argue with but idiots will continue to do so as there seems to be an over abundance of them in our current society.

I agree, I am still waiting on the results however, as we have no results, we have claims. Results are replicable.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hmmm... something is moving in the swamp!

NASA Officially confirm: COLD FUSION (LENR) is Real!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Hmmm... something is moving in the swamp!

Not really, that has nothing to do with Rossi's fraud....

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join