It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob

Originally posted by RING0...(I wish it was Rossi'.)...

The cynic in me is still waiting to hear that Defkalion IS Rossi, hidden away behind some middlemen and paperwork. All part of some carefully orchestrated drama - which is the only thing Rossi has proved himself adept at so far

It is a mystery to me, I know that something big is happening on the Physics side of this, but Rossi is the wildcard. Could be that he foresaw the real LENR breakthroughs about to go public and he decided to capitalize on the phenomenon. But it is also possible that through experimentation and trial and error he actually discovered a method for increasing the existing effects of anomalous heat being generation by a huge factor.

I suggest that unless you,(or anyone else), have solid inside information on the issue, it is safest to wait, watch and listen, the truth will come out as the forces involved battle it out.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

New video on YouTube

Uploaded by DefkalionGreenTech on Jan 30, 2012
Showing Hyperion bare reactor internal testing

Video supposedly shows a Defkalion reactor being worked on, mounted to a bench.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

another serving of UTTER TWADDLE - please tell me what we learned from that ?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by RING0

another serving of UTTER TWADDLE - please tell me what we learned from that ?

That Rossi still refuses to have it properly independently tested...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Cold Fusion.."openly" demonstrated at MIT

JET ENERGY, Inc. Successfully Scores its SECOND COLD FUSION/LANR OPEN DEMONSTRATION AT MIT During the First IAP Short Course on Cold Fusion

COLD FUSION TIMES
Quote from front page:

The demonstration was a two day part of the seven day course run by Prof. Hagelstein and Dr. Swartz, and followed the first open demonstrations of cold fusion at MIT in 2003. This JET Energy NANOR(TM) demonstrated a significant energy gain greater than 10, much larger than the previous open demonstration. This exhibition is also remarkable because it proved the role of lattice in enabling CF/LANR activity. It followed Prof. Hagelstein sharing his breakthrough explanatory theory of cold fusion. The NANOR technology of JET Energy may have already begun to shatter a few preconceived notions of skeptics and cold fusioneers.

MIT is where the original P&F Cold Fusion Experiment was unsuccessfully replicated and then thoroughly discredited. Amazing developments in the Physics community.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RING0

It would be nicer to have a link to a MIT confirmation...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

it would be even nicer to have some basic details of the alledged test

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yea yea enough talking

Release the damn thing OK!!!

It´s -21c here and we usually have around -5 -10 in the winter.
-21 is a bit heavy if you only have electricity for heating.
Gets cold in the house real quick.
And ontop of that, if for some reason the powercompany
cant deliver, ppl will freez to death.

Lots of bad words:

)"/#%/)#%&(=("=(% =("¤%(=( 6

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Regarding the MIT LENR demo.

Steve Krivit of New Energy Times, blogged this, LENR Researchers Reject Significance of Swartz’s Claim
Krivit says the experiment was a failure with flawed data and no good evidence of energy gains as claimed.

Swartz is involved with the MIT experiment and/or the data, he has knowledge of the proceedings that could only be gotten by having "hands on", experience.

February 4, 2012 by Steven B. Krivit Yesterday, New Energy Times reported that Wellesley Hills, Mass., low-energy nuclear reactions researcher Mitchell Swartz made a misleading claim on his personal Web site. “This JET Energy NANOR(TM) demonstrated a significant energy gain greater than 10,” Swartz wrote. New Energy Times had received a tip from a LENR researcher that the gain was 18 milliwatts. Today, another LENR researcher provided us with Swartz’s data. The first researcher was off, but not by much. It was 80 milliwatts, not 18.

It would appear that the critics were right to doubt that the MIT event even happened at all, although the demonstration was done at MIT, we now we get evidence that the demo was a dud, full of huge mistakes. This casts suspicions that the entire "Cold Fusion", LENR concept could be wrong!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Dr Mitchell Schwartz defends data, attacks Krivit!

Schwartz replies with a Numerical Analysis of Steven Krivit's Lastest Rants, says Krivit, NOT AS SMART AS A FIFTH GRADER

February 5, 2012 - There he goes again. Just when cold fusion scientists thought it might be safe to emerge from their laboratories, along comes major mischief-maker Steve Krivit ('New Energy Times') to spin facts into fiction. Known by many for his serial, unqualified "analyses" and his intense advocacy of a knock-off theory, Steve Krivit has now been over-shadowed by fifth grade level logic regarding both the magnitude of numbers AND how he failed to even read a graph correctly. Krivit's latest kneejerk, anti-scientific, anti-cold fusion rant, against actual working, real cold fusioneers is entitled, "Swartz Makes Misleading Claim of LENR Excess Heat". The fact that the body of his attack-blog has absolutely nothing to support his misleading headline did not stop Krivit from using his typical sabotage of others' hard-fought-for cold fusion gains. In this case, Krivit yet again throws innuendoes with absolutely no basis except his own numerical and logical misconceptions, as discussed in detail below.

I found this on VORTEX LENR discussion group website, they feel that Krivit was wrong and his sources supplied false data to make the MIT experiment look bad.

In a surprising turn of events, we find that the MIT demo did happen as reported, and that the claimed results were genuine. Krivits anti Cold Fusion, Pro W-L theory agenda is again on display. Dr Mitchell Schwartz is a real scientist, Krivit is not, I assume that he has more credibility than Krivit.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The Google "Insights for Search" results page shows trends for the Cold Fusion-LENR topic

GOOGLE Web Search Interest: lenr Worldwide, 2004 to Present, Graph showing Interest over time.

e-catworld is reporting: LENR/E-Cat Getting More Attention Worldwide

February 6, 2012 While still well off the radar of most mainstream media outlets, the LENR field seems to be receiving an increasing amount of interest around the world lately. A good way to discover how much interest there is in any topic is to see how much web searching people are doing on it. Google Trends is a handy tool which measures search traffic, and the following graphic shows that interest in LENR has picked up lately.
Overall, interest remains very low, we can expect to see a gigantic Tsunami like increase on GOOGLE Trends, and similar "word search" trend tracking sites if this technology is ever properly validated.

Both graphs show a peak in 2009, they correspond with the "Sixty Minutes" "Cold Fusion is Hot Again" show.
edit on 6-2-2012 by RING0 because: Content tweek

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RING0

You do know that's extremely easy to make thousands of fake searches, right?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

only people who have nothing of substance point to google trends as evidence

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by RING0

only people who have nothing of substance point to google trends as evidence

Um, the article was *about* search trends for LENR etc. Who tried to suggest it was evidence of anything other than web searches?

What is your function in this discussion again? Mindlessly trying to be the first to say 'told you so', when you really have no idea either way?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

This is the correct thread for cold fusion, LENR subject matter, I post articles about it, I have zero interest in engaging in "fruitless" arguments with either true believers or pathological skeptics, I look for scientific truth. Look back at the many postings on the subject here on Above Top Secret, they many times degenerate into mindless squabbles replete with angry name calling and multiple nonsense replies. I do not engage in these meaningless discussions, because nothing is resolved this way, I enjoy learning from both the reasonable skeptics AND believers, I support all the skeptical comments just made by several posters above, just as I support those who think it may have some importance, the numbers can be interpreted in many ways, but this is a legitimate method for gauging trends, I know that they are easily manipulated, but it is being discussed on several of the Pro "Cold Fusion" sites and it is pertinent to the thread, it is up to the reader to decide whether or not it is of any value.

None of us have secret knowledge unless we are "insiders", I think everyone should post here with their own stories and articles, thereby increasing the amount of pro and con information on this VERY interesting topic, I simply do not have enough information to offer solid scientifically based evidence to definitively prove Rossi or LENR in general, but nether can the skeptics definitively disprove it.

All of us are waiting for 100% solid evidence one way or another, I am waiting with high anticipation.

Comments like;

"Mindlessly trying to be the first to say 'told you so'"
are bordering on juvenile name calling, and meant to bait someone into angry responses, any such repliers are ignored by me permanently.
edit on 7-2-2012 by RING0 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

I was obviously talking to ignorant_ape? That's why I quoted him and referenced what he said?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Apologies, my comments should have been directed at the person who made them, NOT the one quoting them.
ignorant_ape is the one guilty of making "unfriendly", remarks.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

CERN Recognizes LENRs, Widom-Larsen, "Cold Fusion" Theory

A general colloquium, “Overview of Theoretical and Experimental Progress in Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR),” will take place at CERN on March 22

CERN Colloquium Overview of Theoretical and Experimental Progress in Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) by Francesco Celani, Yogendra Srivastava Thursday, March 22, 2012 from 16:30 to 17:30 (Europe/Zurich) at CERN ( Council Chamber )

Blog report, Posted on February 8, 2012 by Steven B. Krivit

With this kind of news coming in at a steady pace, it seems that a kind of turning point has been reached, the attitudes in the Science, Physics community have made a 180 degree turn from those in 1989. The W-L, (Widom-Larsen Theory), is being used as a method for the "former", Cold Fusion doubters to move forward without properly addressing the wrongs done to M. Fleischmann and S. Pons in the nineteen nineties.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Government Agency tasked with funding risky technology research, ARPA-E; to answer questions about failures to fulfill mission.

ARPA-E answers questions about fullfilling mission from the ColdFusionNow Blog

the Advanced Research Projects Agency – Energy (ARPA-E), a Department of Energy (DOE) agency tasked with ‘funding cutting-edge energy research “in areas that industry by itself is not likely to undertake because of technical and financial uncertainty.”’ According to the Subcommittee press release, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the Department of Energy Inspector General’s (IG) office both issued reports that found ARPA-E funding practices and procedures appearing to veer from this mission.
The House Committee on Space, Science, and Technology’s Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight web site

The report found that “while it is clear many ARPA-E projects are pursuing high-quality, potentially transformative research that is too risky for private investment, reviews of GAO work papers and publicly available information reveal many exceptions to this practice, and raise questions regarding ARPA-E’s commitment to ‘carefully structure its projects to avoid any overlap with public and private sources of funding.’”

Cold Fusion has been largely ignored for the last twenty years, and the technology has not been properly investigated or researched could be having political repercussions. Cold Fusion is not specifically mentioned, but I suspect that it may be partially responsible for triggering the inquiry.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Article: E-Cat 'Cold Fusion' Machine: Claims of Fraud Heating Up

LiveScience.com article on E-Cat, Cold Fusion Fraud

"If one of the wires in the three-core power lead" — a lead with active, neutral and ground/earth wires, all of which flow to a different prong of a three-pin plug — "was accidentally misconnected, the actual measurements of current witnessed by two Swedish scientists would not be the total power going into the reactor, and there would be an apparent power gain. One of the scientists who observed an earlier test has now agreed this could be so," Smith said. He noted that such a misconnection would be easy to make. For example, the earth lead could be touching the active wire, either within the plug, behind the wall outlet, or in the jumble of wires inside the E-Cat machine. Misconnections involving the earth and neutral wire are also possible.

Good to see Skeptics are not going along quietly, until and unless we have verified proof we should remain extra cautious, recent trends indicate that opinions are changing, but Rossi's secrecy should be met with skepticism.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join