It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Veteran Injured at OWS Oakland Founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by promomag

Ironic that by exercising his right to free speech that he should loose his ability to speak at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

You say you are not sure if that information is true, and you don't know anything about him, yet you will still slam him?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AlomaRa

There are no conversations on ATS anymore, only agendas.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

A fad? Where do you think we will be if we don't stand up for our rights? Protests are a way to begin to change things. Believe me things definitely need to change. Big changes. Things cannot continue as they are and if you cannot see that I feel sorry for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlomaRa
reply to post by jam321

A fad? Where do you think we will be if we don't stand up for our rights? Protests are a way to begin to change things. Believe me things definitely need to change. Big changes. Things cannot continue as they are and if you cannot see that I feel sorry for you.

I agree...(*note, I was able to communicate that without being condescending).

I am going to show up and vote.

*There are many sources reporting this is the same man.

ADD: To be fair some say the Veteran was mentally ill....Tragic
edit on 28-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Voting has gotten us where we are. The election process is completely corrupt. If you are paying any attention at all you can so easily see just how disgusting it has gotten.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
All of the marine stuff aside,nothing against the marines, but does it strike anyone that "Scott Olsen" could be a rather common name. I grew up with a guy with that name. I see that the website shows his address as being in Illinois. So what was he doing in Oakland? What's to say that the guy who started the website isn't some other Scott Olsen. Until we know for sure that it is him ,I think that the point is moot. No accusations without proof. Innocent till proven guilty.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
oooh a witch hunt

Just in time for Halloween!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I still do not see what is wrong with anyone hating the corps.
Sure some of my best buds are marines.
But a marine is a soldier who fights for his brother.
Sure they say god, country, french fries, corps...Etc. whatever.
But I have know very few if any that would say they were happy with their particular branch of the ....corporate service.
In fact I know quite a few that get together and talk crap about theirs and others service.
Did he love the corps? prolly no.
But did he love his Brothers? I'd say hell yeah.
I love my country, but I hate my compan....government.
So, what is the purpose of spewing crap about a guy who made a website?
And yes he will be the media hero, but still OWS does not have a leader, nor ever will.
If you have no target, it is hard to hit the mark.
So, the media is stuck calling these guys hippies.
And that is the best they can do to demonize OWS.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I don't see what all the fuss is about; fact is.....he IS a veteran. Now how many men out there claim they too are veterans but never joined up?

I can understand why an injured war veteran hates the marine corps (if this is true!)......you go to war, come home injured only to find the real enermy is on homeground. Too many of these injured war veterans get tossed aside by their Govts and even fellow comrades within the military and spat out because they're no longer deemed valuable to the war cause.

I would'nt be so quick to pass judgement until you walk the walk of an injured veteran!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Something fishy here:

Way back machine for the domain name shows this:

link

And the only archive it has is this:

"http://web.archive.org/web/20110130113227/ihatethemarinecorps.com..."

at the botton of the page "330888 people hate the Marine Corps"

and... "There are 2132 registered users"

But this is the only archived content?
edit on 28-10-2011 by roughycannon because: fixed urls

edit on 28-10-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'll say the same thing I said on another thread:

Have you ever hated your job? I have..

Can you still love the people you work with? I have...

No different, let's not turn this into smear press.

The cops were wrong for only giving the protestors minutes to move before firing off tear gas. The cops were wrong, they put someone in a coma because they jumped the gun. Its that simple.

Lets not emphasize and twist this into something it isnt. Not every marine is going to come back all happy go lucky telling others to go to war. In fact, the ones I know talk # on the Corp. (corporation), but still love the brothers they fought with and love this country even more.

Really though who doesnt hate corporate america???

----

And to add, I read that he failed a drug test becasue he had taken some coc aine. If this is true, which wouldnt surprise me, I still hold to my earlier opinion. Anyone who is willing to take a bullet for my freedom and then come back and isntead of joining the cops stands on the otherside of the fence and COUNTINUES to fight for freedom and justice for all, has my support.

Get better marine, we need more people like you out there!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
All I said was "the man did not represent me".

I wished him well and truly hope he recovers.

He can loath the Marine Corp. with all his being.

He has certainly earned that right.

I reserve my right to say who represents me.

PS. Call me "Old Fashion" but I'll stick with my vote.

edit on 28-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

And yes he will be the media hero, but still OWS does not have a leader, nor ever will.
If you have no target, it is hard to hit the mark.

I dunno, man. There was an awful lot of blood on his head for them to have missed. Granted, that's not much blood for a head wound (they usually bleed like hell), and granted we still can't be certain of who hit the mark, or which side they were on, but it sure looked to me like a mark had been hit.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ill leave this here, since it belongs nowhere else I suppose:

I know a lot of people are in a frenzy over this

1/2 are upset a war veteran was injured on the homefront

1/2 are upset a "fake" war veteran is getting attention

Think about these two things..

1) IF he DID start Ihatemarines.com, dont you find it very coincidental that he, of ALL the people there was the one to get injured, and made into a story? It appears that in this scenario, it was a planted fall guy to demean the OWS movement

2) What if he DIDNT start ihatemarines.com. I mean, it could easily have been an implanted website to divert the negative attention that this is actually bringing on. "OOOOH SNAP, we gotta problem houstonDCNY, we had an incident in Oakland, how do we fix?" Easy, make HIM out to be a bad guy.

Im not saying I support either of these theories, but in all honesty, right now an open mind is the most dangerous thing to those trying suppress this movement.. which I am not for or against, for the record.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This is very interesting.

I don't know if he did start that website or not but it is interesting either way.

If he did start he site, well it's interesting that he of all people was critically injured in the protest. I don't really know what to think about that but it does bring (yet) a(nother) bad light on these protests.

If he didn't start the website, why would anyone be claiming it was him who started it ???

I had heard I don't know from where that he wasn't even there to protest for OWS, he was there to protest for the war(s).

We will have to wait and see how this develops, but it is interesting thank you OP!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Every person who joins the millitary does so for thier own reason. The fact remains that they served and offered up thier LIFE for thier country and deserve respect for doing so. I served during war time and one of the many reasons I joined was to protect freedom of speech. I swore an oath to defend this country and it's constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. If a vet or any other citizen wants to rant and rave all day and night - 24/7, thats thier Right. I don't care what they want to rant and rave about it's thier Right to do so without fear of violent action against them. Silence the people and you destroy the country and everything it stands for. The police in this instance are violating the right of the people to peacefully assemble. The police used violence against US citizens the very people they swore to protect and serve. I don't care what kind of slant the media wants to put on it - that can not be tolerated ever. The People own this government, the government does Not own the People.

This country is made of people from every country in the world. We should be the example for every country in the world. Is violence by the government against a peaceful protest of it's citizens the example we are going to set?
edit on 29-10-2011 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Blood tests come back positive? Shall I say it again? Who are we to judge these injured war veterans until you walk the walk! Those of us who have not done a tour in Iraq or Afghanistan have absolutely no idea what these soldiers went through but surely we could be alot more understanding of them. Whether these veterans are self inducing alcohol or illegal substances makes no difference; fact is.....they are hurting whether that be psychologically or physically or both....and no one gives a damn once they have been discharged from military service because of an injury of some kind.

Again......WALK THE WALK before making any judgement of these men.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Everyday around the world websites, blogs and Facebook pages are made by people who don't belong to the profile of the said person.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Possibly true but does it really make a difference??

As far as I'm concerned a peaceful protester was injured by over aggressive police..

End of story...

Amen. I'm former military and proud of my service but people are people. Veterans status shouldn't imply a special knowledge of humanity nor award special status to a Veterans political opinion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join