It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Veteran Injured at OWS Oakland Founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

So for him to represent you he has to not only go over seas and kill for you and your country, but he has to come back and like it? You people are so close minded it's sickening.
" You can kill in my name in an unjust war, but don't voice your opinion against it when you get back or I will denounce you"

See..
this is why this site has gone from a quality site with thinking people, to people who form opinions with little to no info.

Considering there is no functioning website and if he owns it he just owns the domain no one here knows his intentions with it. There are lots of vets against the war. Who knows maybe he hated seeing the loss if innocent civilians over seas.

The right had to find a way to smear this guy and people here buy right in of course. Can't have a marine injured for any other cause than the super rich and the politicians. When marines are overseas fighting for the 1% it doesn't matter what they do, they can slaughter pregnant woman and the far right will defend them. But if they dare come home and denounce the actions over seas and fight for the 99% they are awful, defecting POS!
He went over seas and fought for the country, he has the right to say and feel any way he wants about the marine corps.
edit on 29-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Seems to me that he was looking to purposely make a bad name for the Marine Corps by wearing the uniform, because he KNOWS they aren't allowed to politically protest in uniform. Otherwise, like you said, why wear the uniform at all unless it was a publicity stunt. If I hated something bad enough to make a website, I certainly wouldn't go out pretending to still be a part of it, unless I had an ulterior motive.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What I find amusing is that in one context Marines are considered murderous brutes, but have one get out of the Corps, grow his hair out, and get involved with douchebag malcontents, suddenly he's a "war hero"?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
What I find amusing is that in one context Marines are considered murderous brutes, but have one get out of the Corps, grow his hair out, and get involved with douchebag malcontents, suddenly he's a "war hero"?

My thoughts exactly!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
i love how its implied an american exersizing their right to free speech somehow means they deserve to be assaulted by state employees.

personaly when a veteran speaks out about a service branch i stfu. right wrong or indiferant they definatley if any american ever had a right to free speech have a right to say what it is they want say.

i dont care if hes a bitter and angry or young or even wrong/anti america. i dont care if walks around college wearing a che t shirt and a soul patch drinking a 5$ corporate latte. RIGHT to free speech. EARNED stfu.

another case of sheep trying to get the peasants to fight the peasants.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Scott Olsen... ever thought that there was more than ONE Scott Olsen in America? No?

And a lot of Marines have woken up to the fact that the Marine Corps, and the army has a whole has been lying to them for a decade now about why America really is in Afghanistan and went to Iraq. Not for freedom, not against terrorism. For drug money and money to the military industrial complex.

So gee why would someone who knows that and has been lied about and lost friends because of it would hate that organization... I wonder...

edit on 29-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

My thoughts exactly!

Douchebag malcontents?

How about Taxpaying Americans addressing their grievances with their right of assembly and the 1st amendment.

Or do those rights only exist for those adhering to your ideology?

edit on 29-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So the guy got sick of being a corporate soldier, to bad the other million plus us troops don't follow suite. The blood these guys spill is worth alot less than the oil they're securing.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by macman

Yes the disperse order was given however, if you have seen any of the videos Olsen was down on the ground and when people rushed over to help him 1 or more officers tossed flash bangs at them, clearly deliberate.

When the order is given to disperse, you best be moving on.

To fight the cops, in the Riot Formation is asking for pain.

Right or wrong on that, kind of like sticking your arm in a bear trap, having it snap shut and being mad that it got you.

These protests are teetering on the brink.

Again, not stating right or wrong, just that common sense needs to be applied.

Ummm.....so your saying that when a marine is wounded on the field of battle........we should just leave him there?
I think by your avatar that your either a Vet or you play alot of first person shooters.......If your a vet or serving, I'm thankful to have never served with you.........cause when the opposers told you to move along........you'd move................nuff said

YouSir.................are an

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
And OP, you should look here...
Smear Job From The Right? (Scott Olsen)

Just read that and think a little.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by macman

Yes the disperse order was given however, if you have seen any of the videos Olsen was down on the ground and when people rushed over to help him 1 or more officers tossed flash bangs at them, clearly deliberate.

When the order is given to disperse, you best be moving on.

To fight the cops, in the Riot Formation is asking for pain.

Right or wrong on that, kind of like sticking your arm in a bear trap, having it snap shut and being mad that it got you.

These protests are teetering on the brink.

Again, not stating right or wrong, just that common sense needs to be applied.

Ummm.....so your saying that when a marine is wounded on the field of battle........we should just leave him there?
I think by your avatar that your either a Vet or you play alot of first person shooters.......If your a vet or serving, I'm thankful to have never served with you.........cause when the opposers told you to move along........you'd move................nuff said

YouSir.................are an

A different situation entirely there, Combat Carl.

The protest is not a combat situation. He could have remove himself before at any time.

I also never stated it was ok for the police to do any of this.

I also never stated I would not help him.

Please, keep kicking your can full of BS down to the next person. Maybe they will take it from you.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And OP, you should look here...
Smear Job From The Right? (Scott Olsen)

Just read that and think a little.

Could you please reread the OP.

Then you will see what I said...

Sheesh....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

what's a malcontent?

are they all douchebags?

thanks in advance

:-)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And out come the OWS defenders.

Calm down...damn.

The only thing this illustrates is the irony that OWS was trying to use him being a Marine to generate more of a controversy.

And it turns out...he hates the marines.

It's ironic...that's it...OWS fails again.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
And out come the OWS defenders.

Calm down...damn.

The only thing this illustrates is the irony that OWS was trying to use him being a Marine to generate more of a controversy.

And it turns out...he hates the marines.

It's ironic...that's it...OWS fails again.

WOW, we agree on something.
Very odd.

Are Cats and Dogs getting along today??

Yes, you are correct.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yeah...my views on OWS aren't making my liberal "friends" very happy.

Apparently you have to always agree with whatever the left does, or you are their enemy. This "with us or against" us crap is pissing me off.

I have my own opinions...I'm not into group think or follow the leader or doing what seems "cool"...obviously...I don't make many friends

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by macman

Yeah...my views on OWS aren't making my liberal "friends" very happy.

Apparently you have to always agree with whatever the left does, or you are their enemy. This "with us or against" us crap is pissing me off.

I have my own opinions...I'm not into group think or follow the leader or doing what seems "cool"...obviously...I don't make many friends

Yep. I have some Rep friends and family members that get peeved at me on my Libertarian views.
Wife gets aggravated sometimes as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I didn't post the link correctly.

www.politicususa.com...

The point to me is even IF this man is the founder of this website, how DARE any of us who did not serve in any branch of the military begin to question this man's patriotism. He has served his country over seas only to come home and be injured by an American police officer, while protesting for OUR right not be screwed by the gambling Wall Street Crew and that our politicians not be bought by corporations. He did what not a lot of us has done in 2 ways. He served in a war zone. And he out there protesting, one of the basic rights we have as Americans, and one of the most dangerous, as we can see.

The title of this thread is mis-leading without the question mark. If you want to smear his name, from my own personal experience I say...have some proof to back up what you say.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNitro94

That is why I am sticking up for this marine. No one has 100% proof he owned that website. He is allowed to have opinions like everyone else.

For 1 the Iraq war was an Illegal war end of. There are hundreds of vets who disagreed with that war, I do not see anyone in here criticizing them, but no they try and tarnish this Individuals name.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
they are so good at makeing people against them look bad.
I dont belive this.
and if it was true.
I bet it was a very little thing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join