It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Veteran Injured at OWS Oakland Founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ihatethemarines.com doesnt even seem to be a real website..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

It'd defunct. You have to enter the Wayback Machine.

www.ihatethemarinecorps.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">IHateThe MarineCorpsDotCom.

Edit: the link seems messed up in my post. Here it is for cut-n-paste:

web.archive.org/web/20100507023132/www.ihatethemarinecorps.com...

Edit again: That's screwed, too. Quote the this post and copy it from there.

edit on 2011/10/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/10/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580 +1.9492015284

Why would he have an orange county area code phone number?

I smell a smear campaign brewing.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You mean like how when those of us [Who may otherwise support the premise in general of OWS] ask hard hitting questions and express their concerns over the lack of real direction and or a true agenda get called Neocons, Brainwashed, sheeple, shills, corporate lackey etc etc etc?

Slayer

I support the OWS "idea", but I'm becoming increasingly convinced the "movement" is being (ironically) "occupied" by the extremist progressive left. OWS is now the talking point of the left wing, they are using it to make their insane policies look good and people are sucking it up. I think people are already beginning to forget that this protest started because of a lack of functioning government and lack a of economic stability, which was instigated by both the left and right wing of government in collaboration with megalithic trans national corporations.

I'm getting tired of the extremism in some of the threads about OWS lately, from people who lean to the left and right. Before his injury ex-marine Scott Olsen was just another man who wanted to make his voice heard, but after that object (whatever it was) hit him the left scrambled to elevate him using his vet status calling him a "hero".

reply to post by nenothtu

Neither is so. Both of these factions are merely facing off against one another, and are right now just trying to get the REAL 99%, those caught in the crossfire in the middle, into their OWN camps for cannon fodder in the war their hoping to spark off, using a combination of a "hearts and minds" campaign and drafting for the reluctant.

It's always been that way, all through history. One would be group of tyrants face off with the current group of tyrants, hoping to take the throne from them, and trying to enlist the folks caught in the middle into their petty little wars.

Those caught in the middle just want to be left alone to pursue their lives in peace, They want no part of your wars, yet the opposing factions always drag them in and drop them in the crossfire in the no-man's zone.

Great post! Very similar to the views I hold.

I keep asking myself "Why? Why cant people see what they are doing to our society? Why can't people get together and seek the middle ground? Is that not why we created the system of government we are supposed to have? A system where people sit down and come to a solution that benefits EVERYONE."

Maybe I am just to young and naive to see the reality of the world, but I cant help but pray for a revolution where blood is not spilled. We need something to change because our system is on the verge of collapse due to greed and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I'm thinking that these PsyOps people they use are always slated to be used in more than one potential false flag. So, if this whole OWS brutality didn't work out they wouldn't have let the expensive hours of mind control have gone to waste on the guy.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I really need to ask this.

If ordered would US Armed forces, personnel, go out and shoot upon the Citizens of the United States Of America?, Where the land and their rights are meant to say freedom?

Or would you refuse to fire on your own?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541The site is no longer up, hmmm I wonder why, no matter I don't care.
Since the guy's already the media's darling, what removing that site does for those who won't search for it is ensures his martyrdom is not marred.

Although it shouldn't be to the point of maiming people, this guy isn't poster child enough yet.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblackHe didn't go to the protest knowing a teargas canister would hit him and cause the media attention..
No, but he should have noted the possibility of violence happening, whether or not he instigated it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
He stood up for what he thought was right and he left the marine core after previously serving in it.
I don't blame him, I think if you join the marines you're stupid, he's just more switched on than others.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

If ordered would US Armed forces, personnel, go out and shoot upon the Citizens of the United States Of America?, Where the land and their rights are meant to say freedom?

The one thing I learned observing one of these protests.

The Cops are not the 1%.

The 1% most be rolling in their money laughing.

These demonstrations do not effect them.

To substitute the Cops for the "Extremely Wealthy" is folly.

If you want to get the rich...Show up at their house and walk in their flowers.

Take a sharpie and draw moustache's on their lawn jockeys.

But to pretend they are "Getting the Rich", well it's not the case.

PS. Would our armed forces fire on the American People?...NO
edit on 28-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
How are we sure that it's the same Scott Olsen? Surely there has to be more than 1 marine named Scott Olsen.

Yellow Pages, whole country, Scott Olsen, 94 people.=&fap_terms[first]=Scott&fap_terms[last]=Olsen&fap_terms[searchtype]=phone&fap_terms [state]=&offset=96&page=10]Here
Yellow, Pages, whole country, S Olsen, 96 people =&fap_terms[first]=S&fap_terms[last]=Olsen&fap_terms[searchtype]=phone&fap_terms[state]=&of fset=94&page=10]Here

But the Scott Olsen we want is:

Registrant:
Scott Olsen
16524 Hwy 67
Milan, Illinois 61264
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: IHATETHEMARINECORPS.COM

That is a ways away from California.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

And if ordered to do so, If martial law was implemented would you follow your orders or would you refuse them orders? Would you fire on your families friends, daughters sons, cousins, mothers etc.

Would you fire on your own family.

I know for one thing I wouldnt do it.

edit on 28-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Someone else has it up. Sorry.
edit on 28-10-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Discredit him.
If you can't do that, arrest him.
If you can't do that either, kill him.

Standard procedure.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I would refuse to fire on my own. Don't make the mistake of thinking everyone is "my own", however. I think I've already made it clear who "my own" are.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I wish the guy a speedy recovery. Really ain't got nothing to say about what he stands for. It's his decision.

I do want to say that the canister tossed into the crowd trying to help him was uncalled for. As for the occupation, I DON'T support it. That being said, let them protest. IMO, it is the quickest way to to end the protest. Sooner or later people will realize that it changed nothing and will go back home. It is just a fad.

However, I also believe these protesters should respect the rights of others who choose not to join their cause. That means don't block traffic or businesses or pester people who are merely trying to show up for work.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

You haven't seen this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Scott has brain damage, will not be able to speak.

A marine that fought to protect the freedoms we take for granted daily loses the only freedom we truly have.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

You haven't seen this?

www.youtube.com...

I wondered how long until I saw the 41 year old video.

The "Oath" is to the Constitution, not the 1%.

Kent St. did happen though....It should never be forgotten.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Seems like his status as founder of that website may have made him a target. I notice the navy man that stood there the entire time was not bothered.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join