It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Veteran Injured at OWS Oakland Founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Scott Olsen is the Marine Corps veteran critically injured at Occupy Oakland Tuesday night, during a confrontation between the protesters and the police. The latest news is good: his condition has been upgraded from critical to fair and he is apparently conscious and able to respond to doctors and family members. I sincerely wish him a full recovery, and I also hope that a proper investigation is conducted to determine whether police misconduct is responsible for his injuries.

I was called out on a thread a few days ago.

They ask me if this injured Marine stood for me.

But I ran across something this evening that may add a new dimension to this story. It has been widely reported that Olsen is a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War. But apparently his opposition to the U.S. military and the Marine Corps in which he served runs a little deeper. The site is no longer live, but Olsen was the founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com, a private user forum apparently dedicated to bashing the Marine Corps.

Well I am not sure if this is accurate information.

But if he did start Ihatethemarines.com.... Sir, I wish you the best.

However,...You do not stand for me.

Story
edit on 28-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Could be.

Whois Search

It's still a free country. He can bash the Marines all he wants. But some may be mad at him.

Registrant:
Scott Olsen
16524 Hwy 67
Milan, Illinois 61264
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: IHATETHEMARINECORPS.COM
Created on: 28-Jan-09
Expires on: 28-Jan-12
Last Updated on: 29-Jan-11

Administrative Contact:
Olsen, Scott [email protected]
16524 Hwy 67
Milan, Illinois 61264
United States
+1.9492015284 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Olsen, Scott [email protected]
16524 Hwy 67
Milan, Illinois 61264
United States
+1.9492015284 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.ONETWORKING.NET
NS2.ONETWORKING.NET

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Him being hurt at a protest is a non story.
The fact that OWS and the media is peddling him as a spotlighted protester is disgusting.
First they bash servicemen and woman. Yet, when convenient, they hold him on high as a person that got hurt during a protest, when the police seem to have given an order to disperse.

What was he expecting, flowers and unicorns?

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Possibly true but does it really make a difference??

As far as I'm concerned a peaceful protester was injured by over aggressive police..

End of story...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Possibly true but does it really make a difference??

As far as I'm concerned a peaceful protester was injured by over aggressive police..

End of story...

Just a single protestor?
Or a protestor that OWS and the Media can use to push their own agenda?
Sorry, but him getting hurt is a non story.

The fact that he hates the USMC is just icing on the cake of irony that is OWS.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Difficult issue...

I just think you can't have it both ways.

Nobody should be injured peaceably protesting though.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Very interesting, do they not call the USMC "the suck"?
Just curious, I know nobody who has been in the ....service (corporate service) who hasn't said "I hate Brand....err branch xyz".
The site is no longer up, hmmm I wonder why, no matter I don't care.
A human was hurt doing a peaceful act and nothing can soften that blow.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You can change everything on the domain registry it is not that hard to do.
Very easy really as long as you have domain access.
edit on 28-10-2011 by TheSep because: fixed it

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Anyone who had been in the Marines will know how tough it is, and most certainly, in the heat of the moment many would feel as Scott would feel - anger and bitterness. Worse, with the revelation of truths in the corporate favored wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, it is not that difficult to figure where that hate sprang from.

But in the end, as sure as the sun will set and the day will end, so too does such anger, and pride returns back to the Marine.

Just as that website was terminated. Once a Marine, always a Marine, no matter what you do. And Scott certainly still had more than enough pride to wear that uniform again, and stood alongside with the citizens whom he had sworn to protect.

Does his past transgression be a hindrance to how he behaves in the present and future? No. None can hold one's past sins to be irrelevantly used to tarnish a brave and courageous human such as Scott. Instead, there should be more admiration for what he had done in OWS, to make his stand with the People.

But this is how the police, the corporatists abuse people like him, just as they abuse others for the sake of their own wealth and glory.

Tell the world about this courageous Marine and what had been done to him by his own nation's elites and security guards.....

edit on 28-10-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Without knowing why he hates the USMC or even if it's true, that's a pretty big call..

He may for example hate them because he realized the armed forces are mere tools for the bankers and othe corporations..
That would play perfectly with the OWS crowd..

Personally as I stated, I don't think it matters who he was..
He didn't go to the protest knowing a teargas canister would hit him and cause the media attention..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How are we sure that it's the same Scott Olsen? Surely there has to be more than 1 marine named Scott Olsen.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying. Are you saying it is ok this person, whether he hates the marines or not, was the victim of a crime? To be clear I am not a cop hater, far from it...but the fact remains that an officer(s) of the law inhibited the aide of a seriously injured person. It's ok because he stands for causes that you don't support?

By the way, when has OWS bashed the military?
edit on 28-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Without knowing why he hates the USMC or even if it's true, that's a pretty big call..

He may for example hate them because he realized the armed forces are mere tools for the bankers and othe corporations..
That would play perfectly with the OWS crowd..

Personally as I stated, I don't think it matters who he was..
He didn't go to the protest knowing a teargas canister would hit him and cause the media attention..

May not matter for some.
If I hated the service I was in, I would not walk around stating I was in such and such service, nor would I wear my old uniform.

But yes, it does not matter, veteran or not.

edit on 28-10-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by macman

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying. Are you saying it is ok this person, whether he hates the marines or not, was the victim of a crime? To be clear I am not a cop hater, far from it...but the fact remains that an officer(s) of the law inhibited the aide of a seriously injured person. It's ok because he stands for causes that you don't support?

By the way, when has OWS bashed the military?
edit on 28-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

No, it is not ok. Police Brutality is not ok or right.
Was an order given to disperse?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

May not matter for some.
If I hated the service I was in, I would not walk around stating I was in such and such service, not would I wear my old uniform.

Thanks...
But he was wearing a Tshirt, not his uniform..
It did say something on it about him being a vet though...
edit on 28-10-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Doesnt it seem a bit strange that after this incident it comes out he had created this website? Manipulating WHOIS information isnt very hard. Someone with access to the domain can easily login and change the Contact information. Im in the web hosting industry and this sortve thing happens very frequently. Wouldnt put it passed the U.S. gov or special interests groups to commit this sortve act.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

May not matter for some.
If I hated the service I was in, I would not walk around stating I was in such and such service, not would I wear my old uniform.

Thanks...
But he was wearing a Tshirt, not his uniform..
It did say something on it about him being a vet though...
edit on 28-10-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

So being a Vet is just a publicity issue then.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jassu

Are they going to state the exact same thing with regards to the Navy Veteran who was standing next to this Vet Marine?

Its funny when I read further down the comments on that site they state. HIV, Homosexuals etc. Stop homosexuality in the Armed forces etc etc,

They have an agenda, that is to take down this guys reputation. Until someone has 100% proof this guy was not a Marine. I will take what ever they have posted on that site with a pinch of salt.

funny how most of the media ignore this little fact.

The military has been infested with fools who care more about getting free college, VA loans etc than they care about serving the military and the country.

We need to stop this PC madness, stop openly serving homosexuals and to get back to how the military should be run instead of many of the crap now joining.

I can see what their agenda is.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yes the disperse order was given however, if you have seen any of the videos Olsen was down on the ground and when people rushed over to help him 1 or more officers tossed flash bangs at them, clearly deliberate.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

So being a Vet is just a publicity issue then.

Both sides will use whatever they can..
Propaganda seems to be accepted practice nowadays..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join