It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Veteran Injured at OWS Oakland Founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Some simple facts to consider:

The Scott Olsen from Oakland was discharged from the Corps in 2010.

The person who owns this domain bought it in January of 2009.

The Scott Olsen who was injured at Occupy Oakland address is listed as Daly City, CA (just south of SF).

The Scott Olsen who owns the domain's address is listed as Milan, IL (Quad City Area).

Show me proof this is the same Individual.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jassu

Can't really say I appreciate being sent to a web page so openly begging for money as well. I thought this was not allowed on ATS?

Am I mistaken? I seem to remember something of the sort being an issue a few years back

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jassu

You know, I was thinking the same thing when I read this, especially now that so many marines are really fired up about what happened to him. You can't have them taken up against the police and the government, that would not be good for TPTB, right?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
How are we sure that it's the same Scott Olsen? Surely there has to be more than 1 marine named Scott Olsen.

It's him all right, not surprising for me though. Because Olsen is a member of both the Veteran for Peace and Iraq Veterans against the War. The corps after all has a characteristic of a war machine.

Olsen profile? Link is from freeper.

Boston Herald

"He was shot by the people who were supposed to protect him," said Keith Shannon, 24, Olsen’s Daly City roommate and former Marine Corps colleague. "It shows what lengths the government will go to to suppress opposing points of view."

Olsen served two tours of duty in Iraq, once to the Iraqi-Syrian border city of Al Qaim from August 2006 to May 2007, and once to Haditha, in 2008. Both cities were hotbeds of al-Qaida and insurgent activity.

In 2010, the Marines issued Olsen an "administrative discharge." Maj. Shawn Haney, a Marines spokesman based in Quantico, Va., declined to discuss Olsen’s discharge, but said his departure could have been for anything from a medical condition to a punitive measure.

edit on Fri 28 Oct 11 by Jazzyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A new thread on Olsen with some good info here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

seems like a nice enough guy to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Oh you, little sneak, why did you edit your information? and delete what you posted?

Have you been caught out?

You specifically said it was him. Now show your proof. Who owned that so called website.

Because Olsen is a member of both the Veteran for Peace and Iraq Veterans against the War.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I'm editing, there you go.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Yes the disperse order was given however, if you have seen any of the videos Olsen was down on the ground and when people rushed over to help him 1 or more officers tossed flash bangs at them, clearly deliberate.

When the order is given to disperse, you best be moving on.

To fight the cops, in the Riot Formation is asking for pain.

Right or wrong on that, kind of like sticking your arm in a bear trap, having it snap shut and being mad that it got you.

These protests are teetering on the brink.

Again, not stating right or wrong, just that common sense needs to be applied.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Some simple facts to consider:

The Scott Olsen from Oakland was discharged from the Corps in 2010.

The person who owns this domain bought it in January of 2009.

The Scott Olsen who was injured at Occupy Oakland address is listed as Daly City, CA (just south of SF).

The Scott Olsen who owns the domain's address is listed as Milan, IL (Quad City Area).

Show me proof this is the same Individual.

I can't prove it as stated in the OP.

I hope I made that clear.

It is a very common name.

Compare the image above to Olsen’s profile on Facebook – it’s definitely him.

Using this information, I also uncovered a comment from Olsen on the Yahoo Answers site from last year where he is highly critical of the Marine Corps: The Marine Corps thrives on its image. They convince young men and women that they’re joining a professional military organization. But that’s not the case at all, every Marine knows it, and most have no problem downplaying the bull# to outsiders so they can protect their “beloved corps”. I noticed some of the other posters have told you not to pay any attention to my site because we’re just a bunch of ********* who couldn’t hack it, right? Maybe not hacking it means we saw through the bull# and don’t want to take it. Maybe the brainwashing didn’t work on us. I’m not here to tell you if you should join or not. I’m here to advise you to take the people who visit my website just as seriously as anybody who tries to sell you the MC as a good thing. My site is anonymous, these people don’t have to worry about hiding from the MC, or protecting the MC’s image or anything. It is unfiltered truth. Source(s): Former Marine, owner of www.ihatethemarinecorps.com...

I checked it out the best I could before posting....It is the Internet though.
Link to his site
edit on 28-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

reply to post by macman

Yes the disperse order was given however, if you have seen any of the videos Olsen was down on the ground and when people rushed over to help him 1 or more officers tossed flash bangs at them, clearly deliberate.

Speaking like a true sheeple.

OWS is the bait, but the police is the pawn

I suspect the right winger too is also the pawn.
edit on Fri 28 Oct 11 by Jazzyguy because: addition

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Originally posted by macman

reply to post by macman

Speaking like a true sheeple.

OWS is the bait, but the police is the pawn.
edit on Fri 28 Oct 11 by Jazzyguy because: format

Oh no, by all means. Stick around after the order.
I am sure that you or anyone will get a handshake and a snickers.

The place to fight the cop is in the Court room, not on the street as 99% of the time you will loose the fight.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

The place to fight the cop is in the Court room, not on the street as 99% of the time you will loose the fight.

True, but only because they have been allowed to get away with everything,including murder, for too long..

Unlawful is unlawful regardless of where you are or who is committing the act..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by macman

True, but only because they have been allowed to get away with everything,including murder, for too long..

Unlawful is unlawful regardless of where you are or who is committing the act..

We agree.
But, where do you want to fight?
On the street, where the cop has the upper hand?
Or the Court Room?

Your choice.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

In a court room where Judges themselves can be biased or bribed?

Everyone knows the Justice system is a complete joke nowadays, on both sides of the Atlantic. Cops have more chance in getting away with what they are doing more than civilians.
edit on 28-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: Forgot the Question mark

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

We need to fight the system that allows them to get away with this crap..

We need to fight the unconstitutional laws being written that allowed them to ask a peaceful protest to disperse..

They were there under the full protection of the constitution but asked to move because of some petty bylaw that wasn't even true justification because they were NOT all camping anyway..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by macman

In a court room where Judges themselves can be biased or bribed?

Everyone knows the Justice system is a complete joke nowadays, on both sides of the Atlantic. Cops have more chance in getting away with what they are doing more than civilians.
edit on 28-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: Forgot the Question mark

Ok then.
Stay and fight.

Please don't cry the blues when you get thumped.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by macman

We need to fight the system that allows them to get away with this crap..

We need to fight the unconstitutional laws being written that allowed them to ask a peaceful protest to disperse..

They were there under the full protection of the constitution but asked to move because of some petty bylaw that wasn't even true justification because they were NOT all camping anyway..

Again, I agree.
But, violence towards the cops is not going to solve this.
It will only make things worse.
Unless, the plan for violent revolution is the end goal.
If that is the case, by all means, go forth and tussle.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Olsen, Scott [email protected]
16524 Hwy 67
Milan, Illinois 61264
United States
+1.9492015284 Fax --

Here is the info.
Give him a call, email or write him a letter.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

But, violence towards the cops is not going to solve this.

Why do you keep posting this to me.

You've seen my replies and what I think...

Personally I believe the police/Government are deliberately pushing the protesters,trying to get a violent response so that they can get even more violent..
But that's not the protesters getting violent for no reason...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Being told to disperse is not illegal, there are limits as to what can be claimed as protesting. Since protesting seems to mean all other laws are unimportant
Just because you are protesting does not mean you have blanket immunity! Funny how it becomes the "rights" fault even in a left leaning state like Cali.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join