It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

i can see (kinda) what your saying but who cares? Phage quoting abilities are not on trial here, slight deviations in the quotation are far behind any other evidence.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Originally posted by tommyjo

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
Here is the flight tracker info on US808 (the plane most likely to be the culprit)

flightaware.com...

It is supposed to be a Boeing 757 Twinjet. A Twinjet 757 making a contrail like that during mid flight? And with a spiral "staged" breaking of the trail, similar to almost EVERY missile launch ever seen from these parts?

I'm concerned because this crap happened right off the coast from where I'm sitting as I type this. I literally could have filmed this from my balcony. I want to know why Norad, FAA, Pentagon, and all players involved, can't I.D. this.

If a twin like a Boeing 737 (image links) can produce a thick contrail, then the 757 is quite capable of producing them. Different atmospheric conditions effect those contrails.

P1130318b by dmorgan910, on Flickr

www.flickr.com...@N00/3874805201/

TJ

Notice the Contrails that YOU posted...look nothing like the contrail of this event we speak of.

Twin JET...there's a reason I set TWIN JET....and you pointed it out for me.

One thing also, is that under right humidity and weather conditions, a thick Contrail can happen.

But this is different. It's structure, it's spiraling, it's appearance of 'staging', how it appears from ONE jet source, it's IMMEDIATE thickening, how it appears jagged.

Most contrails from jets are uniform...regardless of what angle it is at. A Jet Contrail ends up 'jagged' or spiraling after hanging around for a while. That isn't the case in the video as the OBJECT is immediately in the shot (i.e. it just made the trail)

And most Jets make those trails at cruising altitude. Judging that the shot was taken from a Helicopter, that didn't seem to be at cruising altitude, but we don't know for sure.

And the trail, if from a TWIN JET engine aircraft, would show a splitting at some point (TWIN JETS) This isn't, it's immediately think, jagged, staged....I'm going with missile.

And I want to know why NOBODY can claim this thing if it is so readily explained as a JET.

If it's a jet, then give us the Tail Number, Time, Heading, Departure Time, Arrival, Path...let's have the FAA clear this up.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

You are just guessing how aircraft contrails react in different conditions. Sometimes twins like 757s will produce the splitting. I've seen 757s and other twins contrailing in the UK that have produced thick contrails that have expanded out. It all depends on the conditions and it will vary. You are being fooled into ballistic when there is no ballistic there.

TJ

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
So what will happen? As much as I'd like to think this won't happen I believe there's a high probability that this will go down like this:

The agencies in charge (aforementioned FAA, Pentagon etc...) will release a statement saying that indeed, it was only a contrail from a plane. They have already hinted at this. Even if it is not true, that will be IMHO the conclusive explanation offered to the general public and the world.

There will be much gloating on ATS, and many, many 'I told you so's' will be thrown about. Sadly, we may never know the exact truth behind this event (if the real truth does come out I might have a heart attack on the spot). I think many supporters of the 'plane' theory are afraid of the alternatives.

Heck, so am I, I mean, if it's not a plane then somebody fired a serious Triton class missile 35 miles off the coast of the good ol' U.S.A., and our military has already admitted it wasn't them. This scenario is quite sobering. It would mean that we are not as safe from such attacks on our soil as we once thought. And our military would have to admit that a foreign power snuck one in on us for whatever reason.

So...it is highly unlikely that any other explanation other than "It was just a plane, don't worry about it, we have everything under control, go back to your daily slaving, your McDonalds eating, and your tax-paying, nothing to see here." will be given.

...think about it.

I totally agree with you. Surely it will make the US military look totally incompetent because they'll be admitting they don't know the difference between an airplane and a missile! Wouldn't they have checked with air traffic control when they were checking with the navy and air force? Why on earth would they make a public 'don't know' statement before checking with air traffic control?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Hello Hack28,
My apologies... I have never called anyone an idiot, that would be rude and I try very hard to not be rude, so if you feel I was being rude and calling you or anyone else an idiot, I truly do apologize. You misread my humour (yes British Humour) for me trying to make people feel like idiots... I am obviously trying to use some humour in the post (ie canned food!)

But seriously, at first I too thought this was indeed a missile launch...

But now I don't think it is... please take a quick look at the site that I linked to (I edited my post to add the link).

For your reference here is the link again:
Contrail Science Website - with some nice images and far better explanation than I can give!

Nice to meet you, I'm simply trying to think what this can be... certainly not trying to do anything other than make my point, add some humour and move on!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

Problem is only a few will read your post

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby

SNIP

People need to get some perspective and start to UNDERSTAND perspective...

TTFN and thank you again Phage for posting these Flickr Images... people... take a look...I'm seriously not bashing the thread, I'm just trying to not have some kind of knee jerk reaction...

askbaby OUT - I'll try to not say anything else unless I can add more to this thread... it's big enough as it is!
edit on 10-11-2010 by askbaby because: added a link to show examples of contrails... really good ones this time!

I totally see your point of view and understand what you're saying about perspective but why did the US military feel the need to speak publicly that they didn't know what it was? As I stated, a moment ago, surely they would have checked air traffic and then immediately dismissed it as an airplane. I would go as far as to say that if they made initial inquiries and did conclude it was an airplane then they wouldn't have commented to the media at all. To them it would have been a non incident and unworthy of comment. They must umpteen reports of mysterious things in the air, every day.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Maya00a because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by favouriteslave
In the video taken by the media you can clearly see a fireball at the end of whatever was making the trail. It seemed to glow and flutter a whole rainbow of colors. Is that standard for a commercial airplane or an "special edition" add on?

Top of page 67:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I may be a little late, but here's a loop I made of the "stages firing", or whatever you want to call it. Light reflecting off the "plane" or whatever. I created a youtube account a few minutes ago just for this clip.

edit on 11/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Alot of plane believers are avoiding that video for some strange and odd reason.
I agree that looks like its in a firing stages where parts usually or the missile start to go.

This part of the footage proves it was no plane.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

WONDERFUL It Seems Everyone and even Contrail science web site is avoiding this video!

Sorry askbaby but its still a missile Contrail science web site only took or copied images that may interests them, didn't they bother with this footage.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hypothesis

Pentagon: No danger from downed satellite
Updated 2/22/2008 12:52 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — The military's analysis of the missile strike on a dead U.S. spy satellite has revealed no sign of danger from debris, including no hazard from the satellite's fuel tank, a Pentagon spokesman said Friday.

"As we continue to do the post-strike analysis, (it) continues to give us confidence that the hydrazine tank was ruptured. However, the analysis is still ongoing," spokesman Bryan Whitman said.

U.S. officials have said the main reason they shot down the satellite was because of the potential health hazard to humans in the event the satellite's fuel tank, carrying 1,000 pounds of toxic hydrazine, landed in a populated area. The satellite lost power shortly after reaching its initial orbit in December 2006, and it was projected to re-enter the atmosphere in the first days of March.

On Wednesday night a Navy cruiser in the Pacific launched a missile at the satellite, and military video of the event indicated that it pulverized the spacecraft.

Let's say that we wanted to down an enemy satellite...Circumstances are pretty similar, no?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Ok guys there may be a way to prove either the plane or missile theory. See one little thing we haven't considered is the angle of the sun and its location as it is setting ... if someone can give me an elevation and a time for when the plane was just off the coast of LA ... we can model a plane as well as a plume in either a 3D program and using a solar calculator find the exact position of the sun at that time and represent it using a light coming from that direction ... render it out and see which plume, the plane's or the missile's most closely matches it in respect to shadow play.

Or you can just try to imagine it, but that's not the easiest thing in the world to do. Especially since it will have a margin of error due to the fact that we don't have a way of triangulating the plume's size and direction. However, we can derive very close to each scenario's plume using common sense since we do know the direction the plane is traveling in and its location at a certain time, and the same goes for the missile/rocket since we can say it originated 35 miles West of LA and just North of Catalina Island, and the direction it was heading was NW in an initial vertical climb that slowly tapered off towards the horizon.

Hopefully this can bring us one step closer to some answers.

At 5:00 pm over LA on November 8, 2010 the sun is located at:

Source 1

Here's picture of the setting sun's direction in respect to LA from above in 2D-space:

Source 2

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Agent... nice to meet you...
I apologize to you if you think I'm calling people idiots? I am using sarcasm, I am being somewhat condescending, but I am not targeting any individual, I do not mention any names at all, I use humour (British Humour), sarcasm and nothing more really... but I apologize if I have offended you.

I do however recommend that people look at the link that I included in my post, I don't want to keep repeating the link, or adding to my post count, because I typically like to make my point and get out... however if I OFFEND people... then I apologize...

TTFN
And anyone else out there who is offended my sarcasm, or slightly condescending posts that do not target any individual... well I apologize to YOU too!

I will edit my post to add the above proviso... to allow me to get out of the thread and not keep on continuously apologizing to people!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Can someone explain to me what 90 pages of posts has concluded?
Some people say it's an optical illusion caused by a plane. Other people claim they can't be fooled by optical illusions like this and neither can the eyewitness who filmed it, so they remain convinced it's a missile launch. That's my summary of 90 pages.

News flash: optical illusions work on almost all of us, even experienced pilots. Wikipedia has a whole article full of them:

en.wikipedia.org...

I thought it was flying away from the camera at first too, but I can see now it could just as easily be flying toward the camera. Our perceptive abilities aren't that great and we can all be fooled, myself included.

And officals were quick to call it a 'Unexplained missle' ?
=|

But something like "Norad didn't know what it was" will probably drive this thread to 100 pages

Then norad says its an airplane, and this will live in the hearts and minds of everyone thinking it's a secret bomb that went into a vortex of space/time, ment to come back in 2012 to kill us all.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

and i apologize to you, my back is up this evening (my beloved leafs lost 4-0) and i jumped on you quickly, i could very easily responded without the blatant sarcasm.

my hat off to you for responding so eloquently, i hope my brashness can be overlooked and we can continue a respectful relationship even if we differ.

thankyou for taking the first step towards such a respect, that i now have for you.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
92 pages and we still don't know anything.

I am wondering where other videos or images of this thing are?

If I had been say, on Catalina Island yesterday, and had my camera, I would have noticed that beautiful trail and taken a picture of it.

Did everyone down there forget their cameras yesterday?

Just odd.

If it was a commercial plane, and the guy who shot the video from the heli said it was spiralling up, then wouldn't there be many mad sick passengers?

Unless they flew off into space, wouldn't we be hearing from that "plane's" pilot or crew or passengers?

It's all just plain odd.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
here is something I found interesting.
Chinese battle strategy against the US

But while the American military mulls its options, Chinese missiles hit runways, fuel lines, barracks and supply depots at U.S. Air Force bases in Japan and South Korea. Long-range warheads destroy American satellites, crippling Air Force surveillance and communication networks. A nuclear fireball erupts high above the Pacific Ocean, ionizing the atmosphere and scrambling radars and radio feeds.

This is China’s anti-U.S. sucker punch strategy.

It’s designed to strike America’s military suddenly, stunning and stalling the Air Force more than any other service. In a script written by Chinese military officers and defense analysts, a bruised U.S. military, beholden to a sheepish American public, puts up a small fight before slinking off to avoid full-on war.

This strategic outlook isn’t hidden in secret Chinese documents. It’s printed in China’s military journals and textbooks. And for much of last year, Mandarin literates and defense experts — working for the Santa Monica, Calif.-based Rand Corp. on an Air Force contract — combed through a range of Chinese military sources.

www.airforcetimes.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Good morning, do some of you people ever sleep? the dedication here is immense.

Suggestion : A lot of people have been waiting on a False Flag event to reduce freedoms or even go to war with Iran...yea? What if this is that False Flag attack. He comes back, TV broadcast along the lines off.." My fellow Americans we have foiled blah, blah, missile" result, reduction in freedoms. The culprit ( Iran, Pakistan, etc etc) has just cooked its Goose.

Watch for his answer to what it was and it fits due to those that could quell this in 2 seconds delibrately leaving it hanging and to our imagination.

No way are TPTB in the dark on this. Thats a fact.

respects

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
How many times do i have repost this video from an earlier reply from a ATS member which was not even answered and yet everyone and including the so experts seem so hard try to avoid it?

www.youtube.com...

It looks like its in firing stages, yet normal airlines don't and cant do this.

Oh and as for Contrail Science Website they dont have an better explanation and have avoided the video on this post.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RequiemAgent

Before I said that we can't get a perspective on it's altitude. I goofed up.

Go to the following video.

1) Around 1:30 in the video.....Mountain range.

2) Around 1:36 in the video. A Helicopter (double blade?) comes in the shot.

Now plot in the average cruise altitude of a news chopper. And you can get pretty close to how far away the contrail was, and how large it was comparing it to the chopper in the shot.

Right?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby

Agent... nice to meet you...
I apologize to you if you think I'm calling people idiots? I am using sarcasm, I am being somewhat condescending, but I am not targeting any individual, I do not mention any names at all, I use humour (British Humour), sarcasm and nothing more really... but I apologize if I have offended you.

I do however recommend that people look at the link that I included in my post, I don't want to keep repeating the link, or adding to my post count, because I typically like to make my point and get out... however if I OFFEND people... then I apologize...

TTFN
And anyone else out there who is offended my sarcasm, or slightly condescending posts that do not target any individual... well I apologize to YOU too!

I will edit my post to add the above proviso... to allow me to get out of the thread and not keep on continuously apologizing to people!

You were being what? Condescending? So you admit to talking down to people and not actually debating the issue?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You know what most people haven't said. Why is there only one video of this missile launch? The only video is from the traffic helicopter. Anyone else find that strange?

If a missile was launched off the coast of LA, you'd think someone would have seen it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Aagghh - I'm being pulled in again... I really need to get back to my beautiful UFO Forum...

Thank you for this video link Agent, as I mentioned in my post (which hopefully won't offend too many people!) ... I had read the first ten pages earlier today and posted my response, and then tonight I read from about page 70 through to here... so of course I missed (by about 2 pages!) your original video post LOL...

It's interesting I don't know what this shows... but if this were something like a stage of a rocket - I'd hope to see that fall away... and whilst I do see some unusual light I don't see what I'd expect to see if this were a rocket stage or something like that.

But I do also want people to look closely at the Contrails Science site - because I think you would have to admit that there are some images that are in fact similar to what we see in the original video.

Thank you
TTFN
askbaby

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join