It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
may i ask you at what point did the evidence persuade you to the plane angle, as you started off as not a plane and seem adamant now that it was. What specifically drew you to your current state?

At the beginning I didn't look at it because the really weird thing is I was just working on a webpage on San Nicholas Island for my Naval Space Command thread when this thread popped up. I just saw this image on the original link...

so I immediately recognized the location as I was on Google Earth at the time looking over the island and posted this before I saw the film

So I see the text that says NAVY says no missile and there is no mention of this 'secret' NAVY launch site anywhere...

But if you look at any other video of a missile launch, you won't find one that compares to this 'missile' yet as Askbaby linked to there are MANY airplane contrails that look exactly like this... and taken form the same relative location like this one on Dec 31 Laguna Beach

Most people are to much in a hurry on ATS lately to even follow a link in the need to post an opinion... but to me this is a contrail of a plane approaching the camera at sunset.

As to the press...

A while back Dr Bhaghir discovered a Laser signal from space. The Australian news media that FIRST reported it put it on the same page as a second story on the discovery of Gliese 581E

Well ever since then every news site, blog and discussion forum has repeated the MISTAKE that the signal came from Gliese 581E. Only on ATS did the thread title get changed by a mod to reflect the truth, that the signal came form Tucanae. Just look around the web. This has not been fixed despite me sending the letter from Dr Bhaghir to the news sites.

Same thing here... all the news networks are just echoing the first report in a rush to get out the report. They rarely followup on it.

So what we have here is when the media tells us "It's a missile!" everyone believes the media... but when the next day they say "Oh it was just a an airplane" no one believes them

As to why no official confirmation? I don't think they took it seriously and didn't think it would get so out of hand. Even though Greeneyedleo's inside source at 2nd wing space command said they knew what it was and thought it funny that we were making such a fuss.

edit on 10-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

edit on 10-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
www.outsidethebeltway.com...

NOTAM for LA.

KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 – THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE – FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

HAHA I hadn't made it that far yet but either way Lorrie sounds like a good time!!
edit on 10-11-2010 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
LOOK!

Only one IReport, one image

Looks like a launch to me

ireport.cnn.com...

link   
This is getting global coverage now. I just love the way the U.S say they have no idea what it is but insist it isn't a threat to you nation

A missile from a sub maybe? Who's sub though? Everyones denying testing everything.

When i first saw the location i did wonder about Catalina Island? Isn't that a training ground for U.S special forces?

link   
reply to post by Maya00a

This is a very good point Maya... it is most interesting that the response has been so poor from TPTB, whilst (from their perspective) this didn't "seem important"... well as soon as the media picked it up... it became important, because it got people worried (very worried in some instances).
And yet - as of now - we still do not see any good quality response, the media are trying to discuss it, we are discussing it here... but nothing tangible from TPTB yet! Strange... but not entirely surprising.
askbaby
(and Goodnight!)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
www.outsidethebeltway.com...

NOTAM for LA.

KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 – THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE – FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010

This was for the 9th, the "launch"in question was on the 8th.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

An interesting tidbit from the article I linked earlier...

Adm. Gary Roughead, chief of naval operations, told reporters and editors at The Washington Post that it "wasn't a Navy missile." He declined to go into more detail. He did, however, appear to be smiling when he said it.

Washington Post

He appeared to be smiling when he said it? What are they implying? That he is laughing at the hysteria or that he knows more?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well I might get slapped silly for jumping the gun and pasting this but

Here is absolute proof that it's a plane moving from west to east and not a rocket going up.

Sorry Defcon5 Just had to do it
It's too good and as you say no one paid attention to it

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I stated this almost immediately when the original pictures were posted, but no one paid it any mind, so i'll try again:

Rocket launches at dawn/dusk get brighter at the top of the contrail, not darker.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1da58760bedd.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b82be523b2ee.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb3dff9d8db1.jpg[/atsimg]

That is because as they near space the less diffused light of the sun can hit them from over the horizon.

This contrail was obviously not climbing as it was dark at the end, and was in fact running parallel to the ground. As the aircraft entered the shadow of the earth the trail got darker.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/10/2010 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

Since the 'missile' in question gets DARKER it means it is NOT a rocket going up into the sunlight at a higher altitude, but an airplane going from the west still catching setting sun, to the east into darkness. Which is why you can see the blinking lights

Nice going Defcon5

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Good morning, do some of you people ever sleep? the dedication here is immense.

respects

We have to get our news from somewhere, when cnn has turned into a tabloid like tmz.

2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Here's another warning I seen circulating with the correct time:

EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC.
CALIFORNIA.
MISSILES.
1. INTERMITTENT MISSILE FIRING OPERATIONS 0001Z TO 2359Z
DAILY MONDAY THRU SUNDAY IN THE NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER
SEA RANGE. THE MAJORITY OF MISSILE FIRINGS TAKE PLACE
1400Z TO 2359Z AND 0001Z TO 0200Z DAILY MONDAY THRU FRIDAY
IN AREA BOUND BY
34-02N 119-04W, 33-52N 119-06W, 33-29N 118-37W,
33-20N 118-37W, 32-11N 120-16W, 31-54N 121-35W,
35-09N 123-39W, 35-29N 123-00W, 35-57N 121-32W,
34-04N 119-04W.
2. VESSELS MAY BE REQUESTED TO ALTER COURSE WITHIN THE ABOVE
AREA DUE TO FIRING OPERATIONS AND ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT
PLEAD CONTROL ON 5081.5 MHZ (5080 KHZ) OR 3238.5 KHZ (3237 KHZ)
SECONDARY OR 156.8 MHZ (CH 16) OR 127.55 MHZ BEFORE ENTERING
THE ABOVE BOUNDARIES AND MAINTAIN CONTINUOUS GUARD WHILE
WITHIN THE RANGE.
3. VESSELS INBOUND AND OUTBOUND FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PORTS
WILL CREATE THE LEAST INTERFERENCE TO FIRING OPERATIONS
DURING THE SPECIFIC PERIODS, AS WELL AS ENHANCE THE VESSEL'S
SAFETY WHEN PASSING THROUGH THE VICINITY OF THE SEA RANGE
IF THEY WILL TRANSIT VIA THE SANTA BARBARA CHANNEL AND WITHIN
NINE MILES OFFSHORE VICINITY OF POINT MUGU OR CROSS THE AREA
SOUTHWEST OF SAN NICOLAS ISLAND BETWEEN SUNSET AND SUNRISE.
4. CANCEL NAVAREA XII 444/10.

( 081520Z NOV 2010 ) = November 8, 2010 at 1520 UTC

Source

Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division
36,000 square miles restricted airspace over sea, expandable to 125,000 square miles[

San Nicolas Island map

edit on 10-11-2010 by Regenmacher because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

Thanks for your post Contrail Science Website with some GREAT examples , even more proof ( if it were needed) that its just a plane. I am really amazed this has gone so far without people finally realizing its just a plane. Very embarrassing. But like you said perspective is key to this being misinterpreted as a missile. This incident ( in my opinion) speaks volumes on how people will swear they have seen something that they have not. No wonder there are so many mistaken ufo reports if the vast majority of people cant even recognize a contrail from a plane.

edit on 10-11-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great posts zorgon. Thank you for taking the time to provide ACCURATE information. This was obviously just a plane contrail that appeared "different" from certain perspectives. Now let us see how many people continue to star & flag this thread, claiming it was "obviously a missle," while completely ignoring the information you've posted proving otherwise.

Cheers,
Strype

Edit: For those of you who missed (or are too lazy to look for) zorgon's posts explaining exactly what has occured:

See Here...
and then Here.

Case closed.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Strype because: Additional links

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great observasion, however , if you look at the images from ireport

ireport.cnn.com...

You can see the very same characteristics of a missile launch. You can even see the lengthy shadow cast from the sun.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This contrail was more than likely the secret Aurora spy plane, with its distinctive 'donuts on a rope' contrail clearly seen in the pictures and video, and the location where it occurred was also on the part of California's coast where the Aurora spy plane crosses over on its way to recon and surveillance missions in Asia. The US government will not admit this. The Aurora spyplane flies at an extremely high altitude and is a mach 6 air breathing liquid methane powered aircraft which has been in service for twenty years.

Because Aurora flies at 100,000ft plus altitude, the contrail appears as a missile launch because it's so high up in the atmosphere. The contrail of a missile launch disperses over a large area in a zig zag pattern; the contrail in question does not do this.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

Now that IS interesting. Look, it says testing Monday through Sunday with the majority of testing to be Monday through Friday. Is this for real and will we see another one this evening?

link   
I dont know what the rest of you think but i feel the same as the person that created this post on beforeitsnews.com
______beforeitsnews/story/257/002/Bombers_Seen_Before_Missile._Weekend_Warning_on_to_something.html

I also have my concerns for all of you over the pond. Something is happening we just dont know what.......yet.
You all may want to pay close attention to the grounded flights. Engine problems???? Yeah right.
Ive said this many times before, OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW.
Air industry and automotive industries are about to change. For the better i hope.
There is going to be a major event/events very soon indeed.
Remember a while ago when it was mentioned that if things did not change then the US will no longer be considered a major player? That time is happening now hence the China visit from UK.
No one finds it at all suspicious that the countries that were to put alternative energy practices into play were hit by disasters?
The NWO is all taking shape right now. Dont believe me? Just take a look at some of the threads here on ATS.

link   
reply to post by Strype

You're claiming that it has been 'settled' since Zorgon posted some similar photos of a very rare event where a jet contrail resembles a missile trail.

It very well could be.

But we need confirmation of what flight it was, it's heading, what airlines, and such. The fact that the military, FAA, Norad, and all related agencies can't confirm or link data is making people uneasy.

And your posts also has this feeling that since this looks VERY much like a missile launch, they must be stupid or moronic in thinking so.

Well I have news, life is NEVER that definite, and even brilliant people can make mistakes.

Stop acting like you're above it all.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

San Nicolas Island is also about where the geographic location of the contrail was spotted.

I added a map to the above post.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
After 94 pages (i'll admit i didn't read them all) we have "it's a rocket", and we have "contrails".

It's CHEMTRAILS dude... can't you SEE? ...

Here's my take.
Excellent case for contrails: wattsupwiththat.com...

Excellent case for rocket: noconsensus.wordpress.com...

My bet is contrails will be the official response ... eventually. It doesn't wash, not for long. but contrails are the lullaby that people already accept for other reasons.
That was a rocket launched off the cali coast line, near a US naval rocket testing station. It was not scheduled by or acknowledged by the Navy, or any other US military.

"There was nothing unusual on the radar screens" is a weak answer, either there was nothing at ALL on the radar, or there was a flight from hawaii, or there was evidence of a rocket, 1 of the 3.

If it was an exercise, they would readily admit it, "rocket test wait for press release" (?).
If it were contrails, the response would be "oh yes, flight 123 from Hawaii, beautiful isn't it?".

Instead we get "we're not sure, could be ... " Something completely off base with that answer. Even if it was unknown, why do the military spokespeople admit they don't know? Surely they are trained at avoiding answering without looking stupid? They look stupid right now.

The other clue is at sea, that elimates an amateur rocketeer, which is a possible explanation for the phoenix rocket. What the 2 incidents have in common is timing, sunset / afternoon.

What another poster did point out was the regular provocation by the Chinese in the last 2 years. It's brazen, regular and frightening. Of everyone on earth, who but the chinese have the ability, and motivation to do this? An incoming rocket would be intercepted, and it would be classed as an attack, quite clearly. However, a rocket leaving your territory cannot be construed as an attack, in any way. If it were a secret event, then 35 miles off the cali coast is stupid. This was intended to be seen. The MSM is not punting this story for our sake, a LOT of people saw it, and have apparently phoned in to ask. If it were a chinese sub: surface, fire, HIDE ... well they would have achieved their goals admirably. Meanwhile the US govt is going mental because, well, they didn't see it coming. And the world is witness.

The last option, is that it is a false flag, by the US gov (rather some agency of) and is intended to distract us. "Fire a rocket, deny knowledge, and see what happens", or "fire a rocket, that'll distract them a while".

Well, they got my attention. Quite a lot of attention in fact.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join