It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
reply to post by RequiemAgent

Before I said that we can't get a perspective on it's altitude. I goofed up.

Go to the following video.

1) Around 1:30 in the video.....Mountain range.

2) Around 1:36 in the video. A Helicopter (double blade?) comes in the shot.

Now plot in the average cruise altitude of a news chopper. And you can get pretty close to how far away the contrail was, and how large it was comparing it to the chopper in the shot.

Right?

edit on 10-11-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

Yeah, in your scenario you have 2/3 points of solid triangulation, the margin of error would be how close the average cruising altitude is to the actual altitude. Worth a shot. It would be nice if we can find out from the station what their altitude was while filming.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This article may be related:

Air Force command brings focus to nuclear enterprise November 10, 2010

WASHINGTON: Over the past 15 months, Air Force officials have built from scratch a model new command that will sustain and modernize U.S. intercontinental ballistic missile wings and the nuclear-capable bomber fleet, said the general who leads the new command.

Global Strike Command is the Air Force's first new major command in 27 years.

As for judging what direction the missile is flying while looking at a 2d image, good luck...lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
LOL I was trying to give 2 dimensions of the necessary 3 to triangulate.

It was worth a shot!

Thought someone might have had the 3rd piece. LMFAO

Actually, what I meant is, the 3rd part being the flight path of US808 for comparison.

God I'm tired.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter Contrail science web site only took or copied images that may interests them, didn't they bother with this footage.

What that footage proves is that it IS an airplane that IS moving toward the camera because it is now close enough to see the flashing navigation lights red and green that you couldn't see when it was approaching

It's all a matter of perspective

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MZYYY
You know what most people haven't said. Why is there only one video of this missile launch? The only video is from the traffic helicopter. Anyone else find that strange?

If a missile was launched off the coast of LA, you'd think someone would have seen it.

I have said that several tiimes in these many pages. I posted the following about 5 posts before yours

Originally posted by berkeleygal
92 pages and we still don't know anything.

I am wondering where other videos or images of this thing are?

If I had been say, on Catalina Island yesterday, and had my camera, I would have noticed that beautiful trail and taken a picture of it.

Did everyone down there forget their cameras yesterday?

Just odd.

If it was a commercial plane, and the guy who shot the video from the heli said it was spiralling up, then wouldn't there be many mad sick passengers?

Unless they flew off into space, wouldn't we be hearing from that "plane's" pilot or crew or passengers?

It's all just plain odd.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
As far as I see here, the real issue isn't whether it is or isn't a missile, rocket, plane, Iron Man, Superman or bloody UFO. The real issue here that seems to barely be mentioned at all is that an unauthorized, unaccountable and probably illegal launch of "something" appeared within U.S. Airspace and no one in the government and all its periphery branches account for it for nearly over 24 hours...
...BUT, there is no threat and nothing to worry about?!
From where I'm sitting, that is an issue.
When an "unknown" "something" can freely fly within our airspace and can go unidentified and unclaimed within the first 24 hours if its appearance, THAT is a serious security issue and a serious failure if nearly every defensive failsafe we have.

The response worries me far far more than the actual object does itself at this point.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
And HOLY CRAP it's 1:00 in the morning!!!!!!

I need to quit this thread for now. Good luck to all on figuring this out.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Look at the first quote on that web page. Maybe somone should reach out to this lady or the pilot of this flight.

"Lorrie Laible

I find it intersting that no one “claims” to know about this. Yesterday we were returning from Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines with an arrival time of 3:25 pm at LAX. Approximately 270 miles away our pilot came on the speaker and told us we would be rerouted over Big Sur California due to military maneuvers in our path. Maybe they should speak with the pilot of our flight.

November 9, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Reply | Report comment "

edit on 10-11-2010 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by zorgon

may i ask you at what point did the evidence persuade you to the plane angle, as you started off as not a plane and seem adamant now that it was. What specifically drew you to your current state?

link   
Washington post are reporting this now, still no answers...

Washington Post

The plane contrail theory is being thrown around but no official confirmation yet..

edit on 10-11-2010 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Care to do a zoom in on the original footage and show us this plane? Please

I dont have the programs to do it but I know you do.
I note in sinilar pics the plane/wings etc are clearly visible.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I agree, this incident has left questions that could be answered if TPTB wanted them answered. They dont, so IMO its all a staged event.

Why was the other chopper in the vicinity?
Why was it a TV Com that caught it?
Why was it reported as a missile?
Why the " Nothing do do with us" from navy etc?
Why no other videos?
I could go on, If you cant chase the money work out who is to gain politically, or whos policies are supported.

Respects

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

Yeah I read that but who on here would accept that?
Heck, they dont believe the cameraman so a blogger has no chance

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Everyone, lets all wait for the ICBM to come down.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Guess this wont help the debate much but, if it came from the ground shouldnt the colour of the contrail be a lot less even ? ie the sun would be hitting it at different angles depending on its height. The fact that the colour and tones of the colour are very even along its length suggest that the whole of the trail is sitting at pretty much the same altitude.

I'm a photographer though, not an aviation expert.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Wobbly Anomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
So is the general consensus of this event that US navy covertly and unofficially fired something that looked like an ICBM and then someone else circulated a rumor that China had fired something towards California and all this was a setup to scare away the Chinese?

If real events are anything like that then I am afraid that Sun Tzu is useless..and very very outdated ..

edit on 10-11-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2010 by spacebot because: adition

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptSplatter
reply to post by backinblack

Look at the first quote on that web page. Maybe somone should reach out to this lady or the pilot of this flight.

"Lorrie Laible

I find it intersting that no one “claims” to know about this. Yesterday we were returning from Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines with an arrival time of 3:25 pm at LAX. Approximately 270 miles away our pilot came on the speaker and told us we would be rerouted over Big Sur California due to military maneuvers in our path. Maybe they should speak with the pilot of our flight.

November 9, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Reply | Report comment "

edit on 10-11-2010 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

yes, someone should contact her

look what her husband wrote in the comments

Samuel Laible
I tried getting Lorrie to join the Mile High Club, but she wouldn’t do it.

I am still reading the comments from that web page

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
As far as I see here, the real issue isn't whether it is or isn't a missile, rocket, plane, Iron Man, Superman or bloody UFO. The real issue here that seems to barely be mentioned at all is that an unauthorized, unaccountable and probably illegal launch of "something" appeared within U.S. Airspace and no one in the government and all its periphery branches account for it for nearly over 24 hours...
...BUT, there is no threat and nothing to worry about?!
From where I'm sitting, that is an issue.
When an "unknown" "something" can freely fly within our airspace and can go unidentified and unclaimed within the first 24 hours if its appearance, THAT is a serious security issue and a serious failure if nearly every defensive failsafe we have.

The response worries me far far more than the actual object does itself at this point.

Remember the incident when a common single propeller biplane landed in the middle of the Red Square in Moscow in the nineties? That country had nuclear materials black market going rampart back then. Nobody worried then. Why should anybody be worried now. Nobody is going to kill the cow that needs for milking. So it's all a scare tactic. Probably.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by Puzzlemaniac

heres the issue,

if this contrail is cause by a series of very fortunate events to create this illusion.

how can one take one video of a rocket launch to be the constant appearance a missile launch would take.

doesnt make sense

if you believe this contrail was a rare illusion you must also believe that the missile Phage has provided to be the same, and or they're are freaks of those nature as well.

Are you saying all missile launches would have the same appearance? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "illusion". Do you mean like from the sun causing it to appear to be something different from what it is? Sorry if I'm getting confused. Iz getting tired. zzzzzzzz....Puzzle

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
goodnight to you and yours, if a little is good alot must be better

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join