It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kneverr

Link to reporter is greatly appreciated. He seems pretty sure the object was 'spiraling' as it climbed westward.

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
Lets have a look a great shot of an airplane contrail shall we?

www.youtube.com...

Ummm, the Space Shuttle and the SRB's are Solid Fuel Rockets.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwistedAmnion
At first i believed it was a missile, but from what i researched a missile is not in flight for multiple days. If it was a missile it would have already landed somewhere, and i havent heard anything.

What makes you think they would acknowledge it coming down somewhere
if they won't even acknowledge it taking off?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That is a terrible example. I can see very defined trails forming off that plane. If you can find better examples I would love to see them. This trail looks like a giant plume to me. I have never seen a giant plume from a plane! I have seen plent of contrails get spread out by wind but they alway look thin and spread out! What we are looking at is much different it is a thick expanding cloud. Much thicker than that of any commercial plane in my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the pics..
The first one I'd go with..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Originally posted by Mr. D
Lets have a look a great shot of an airplane contrail shall we?

www.youtube.com...

Ummm, the Space Shuttle and the SRB's are Solid Fuel Rockets.

Yeah I know, Solid fuel boosters as in Rockets. Compare the contrail to launch
in California as to how it tapers up from the ground. (I forgot to put "airplane").

edit on 10-11-2010 by Mr. D because: changed solid to liquid to Solid

edit on 10-11-2010 by Mr. D because:
edit on 10-11-2010 by Mr. D because: changed solid to liquid to Solid

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Sorry, I don't buy it--it took them too long to come out with this. They would have known exactly where a commercial airliner was within 30 minutes of the news breaking, if not sooner.
The traffic controllers know where the planes are real time, I don't know why you say 30 minutes. The problem is, which plane is it in the footage, if it's a plane.

Is it possible that the witness estimates of location/distance are off? If that information can't be taken at face value (and a good investigator wouldn't do that since such information is unreliable) then that opens up a wider possibility. I would think the helicopter could give its location, and a direction of the object at the time of the sighting, but unless they were tracking it on their radar, and I haven't seen that they were, I wouldn't trust their distance estimate, nor would I trust their claim that they were sure it wasn't a plane. Optical illusions can fool everybody. When I first looked at this footage, I thought it was flying away from the camera, but that could be an illusion and it could really be flying toward the camera, which would be the case if the plane explanation is correct.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kneverr

Here is a link to the interview with the Mr. Leyvas. He seems adamant that the object was traveling in a "westerly direction" and that it was not a jet.

Most of the earlier posts were refering to westerly headings.
That was one of the arguments against it being a missile because missiles are usually launched eastward..
Funny how many didnt notice that change..Nice work..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by kneverr

Here is a link to the interview with the Mr. Leyvas. He seems adamant that the object was traveling in a "westerly direction" and that it was not a jet.
Most of the earlier posts were refering to westerly headings.
That was one of the arguments against it being a missile because missiles are usually launched eastward..
Funny how many didnt notice that change..Nice work..
Numerous missiles with dummy warheads are fired westerly from Vandenberg to the Kwajalein Atoll so whoever told you missiles don't fire westerly was pulling your leg. More likely you misunderstood someone who said that missiles to put an object into orbit don't fly westerly, that much is generally true.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

different contrails different things sorry none of them match what we have seen in the video.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Newbie here and not trying to butt in... but-

I've been a commercial pilot for 20 years. I'll buy the possibility that what appears to readily be a smoke trail could actually be a con-trail given lighting / distance / film quality / etc. (I've shot my share of video from a helicopter). However, as kneverr was kind enough to point out (with link) a few replies ago, the guy who shot the video is pretty specific about what he saw.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...
(second video)

Considering his eye-witness statement, he references the launch he filmed the day before as being very similar (same thing), I think the balance tips towards rocket plume. Particularly when he mentions a 'separation' (Ie. second stage)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I gotta admit, out of all the conspiracies I've read on ATS for a while, this one truly has me wondering WTF is going on here. I feel uncomfortable sitting on the shores of Los Angeles knowing things are flying over our heads and the Ubermint knows nothing of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...

Phage you deserve a medal. I have had a good nights sleep and wake to find you still going strong another 40 pages later than when we were saying its just a plane last night. I am going to sit back and watch this one ( well go to work and check my smart phone occasionally). There is no point anymore trying to convince the many people who think it was a missile. I think the truth will come out eventually and then many many people including the MSM will have more egg on there faces than a man standing at the wrong place in the worlds largest egg throwing contest.

I Cant believe this your buying into the pictures that he posted as truth??

None of them matches the with the video

there is no point anymore trying to convince the many people who think it was a missile

Phage is no expert , nor a rocket scientist.

He even avoided the video of the firing stage was posted a while ago.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is not a plane. I just seen the short video. Solid fuel rocket for sure. looks like it staged in this video also. the small rockcet flare give it away. this looks like a test of a solid fuel rocket with some flares as we call them stapped mid-center for track filming with a high speed camara . As the for the plane contrail no-way ,no how. I do know some of you think this to be an aircraft, I dont think so. being that I myself launched many missiles and rockets. This seems to be a missile guys. I could be wrong about the mid center placment flares for the track, but it burning half way up, so i presume the rocket is stapped for a track. but it's a missile test anyway.
edit on 10-11-2010 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I have only see a couple people in the news (John Pike nd some wierdo youtube weather guy), that said it was an optical illusion and heading inland. Plus neither are eye witnesses.

The object - described by senior ex-military officials as "pretty big" - left a long dense condensation trail, or contrail, and flew in a northwesterly direction.
Source

They need to interview the cameraman.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Missles are fired AWAY from the coastline, reguardless of which coast. Gov agencies dont know what it is yet they say not to worry,,,,not an airplane, no way no how,way too thick at the base. So, that leaves one m ore option..RED OCTOBER...American style............

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nachasman
Newbie here and not trying to butt in... but-

I've been a commercial pilot for 20 years. I'll buy the possibility that what appears to readily be a smoke trail could actually be a con-trail given lighting / distance / film quality / etc. (I've shot my share of video from a helicopter). However, as kneverr was kind enough to point out (with link) a few replies ago, the guy who shot the video is pretty specific about what he saw.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...
(second video)

Considering his eye-witness statement, he references the launch he filmed the day before as being very similar (same thing), I think the balance tips towards rocket plume. Particularly when he mentions a 'separation' (Ie. second stage)

welcome thankyou for your 2 cents!!!!

did anyone notice this comment

"I find it intersting that no one “claims” to know about this. Yesterday we were returning from Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines with an arrival time of 3:25 pm at LAX. Approximately 270 miles away our pilot came on the speaker and told us we would be rerouted over Big Sur California due to military maneuvers in our path. Maybe they should speak with the pilot of our flight."

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
Here is the flight tracker info on US808 (the plane most likely to be the culprit)

flightaware.com...

It is supposed to be a Boeing 757 Twinjet. A Twinjet 757 making a contrail like that during mid flight? And with a spiral "staged" breaking of the trail, similar to almost EVERY missile launch ever seen from these parts?

I'm concerned because this crap happened right off the coast from where I'm sitting as I type this. I literally could have filmed this from my balcony. I want to know why Norad, FAA, Pentagon, and all players involved, can't I.D. this.

If a twin like a Boeing 737 (image links) can produce a thick contrail, then the 757 is quite capable of producing them. Different atmospheric conditions effect those contrails.

P1130318b by dmorgan910, on Flickr

There is another thick contrail 737 in this photostream

www.flickr.com...

TJ
edit on 10-11-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thiscatsstillalive
Missles are fired AWAY from the coastline, reguardless of which coast. Gov agencies dont know what it is yet they say not to worry,,,,not an airplane, no way no how,way too thick at the base. So, that leaves one m ore option..RED OCTOBER...American style............

they know what it is. They just not telling. Someone messed up on this launch. sound like a now or never test to me. then they will deal with a story later.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

you dont see the issue with what the image proposes?

firstly you can clearly distinguish an airplane LA missile u cannot.

even from a far distance one would see those are separate and than form into one, LA missile u cannot.

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join