It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by QU3STIONAUTHORITY
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

No these are separate photos from a few years back. They caught my eye while I was googling contrail photos to find one that could match. Well these stood out. and come to find out they are determined to be a missle launched from vandenberg afb by a aerospace website. check it out!

www.aerospaceweb.org...

Okay, because when I saw the second photo you posted I was ready to scream MISSILE....and that trail looks like the one from this incident, except at end stages.

Missile trails hang for hours...no jet contrail I've ever seen hangs on that long.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Just came over from GLP where a similar thread is over 150 pages. Not saying anything new there and the quality of thread leaves something to be desired.

I am brand new here and haven't read this entire thread, so please be gentle.

Almost all footage of offshore LA launch seems to be from the KCBS\KCAL helicopter. Apparently, last Friday, the old helicopter pilot (Lawrence Welk's grandson) was fired.

www.instantriverside.com...

Interesting that the Pilot/reporter just happened to get the perfect vid. of what could be a very significant event.

Questions...

1. Was it an angry, grudge carrying Larry Welk flying/reporting/filming?

2. If so... could he have pulled this off with some high tech editing? (to make KCBS look stupid later or just leave the old job with a bang?)

3. What are the other sources of confirmation? Eye-witnesses, pix, etc.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
if it was a plane wouldnt there be more of them flying the same flight path, wouldnt there be more contrails to compare through out the day? idk if this has already been asked/explained i havent read every thing here.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

It is eastbound...toward the camera...roughly.

You are directly contradicting Gil Leyvas (Sky2 photographer who "filmed" the ufo).

I'm not saying you are wrong but do you have solid evidence to the contrary, as well as to support your claim; that is, unless you are simply guessing? If the latter is the case, one would hope that you would kindly clarify your comment to reflect this.

Here is a link to the interview with the Mr. Leyvas. He seems adamant that the object was traveling in a "westerly direction" and that it was not a jet.

Interview: 2nd video at this [url=http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2010/11/09/exclusive-raw-video-mysterious-missile-launch-off-california-coast/]->Link

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
Let's go over this again...

NORAD, Navy, Air Force and Pentagon aren't talking (they DO know what it was, I'm sure)
FAA not talking
Well according to this a Pentagon official is speaking on condition of anonymity but it's not official since the investigation is ongoing:

“Mystery missile” was probably an aircraft, government says

A Pentagon official said that an examination of radar data, satellite imagery and other sophisticated monitoring technology by multiple U.S. government agencies has turned up no conclusive evidence that a missile was fired in that vicinity and at that time.

Even U.S. agencies that monitor launches of rockets by private individuals or companies had no information of a launch, he said.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, said that FAA records showed commercial airliners were flying in the area at the time, and that most government experts were coming to the conclusion that the condensation trail was caused by an aircraft. "The best we can tell, it was probably caused by an aircraft," the official said.

They probably don't want to jump the gun like a lot of ATSers and come to an incorrect conclusion. If it's a plane, maybe they are still trying to figure out which one it was.

I don't understand the comments saying the FAA wasn't tracking this if it was a plane, they probably were but they just may not know how to match up this footage with the many flights that come in over the Pacific each day, to tell us exactly which flight it was.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Arbitrageur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Just wondering...has anyone seen reports or such of any increased military activity anywhere?
maybe there was something incoming and a US missile took it down - hence govt not wanting to say anything..

just thoughts

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This is a large missile. Judging from the plume trail distance, color and density , It appears to be using solid fuel. You would see a large fire flare if the fuel was liquid based. The trajectory of this launch looks sub-orbital. Hmm. What strikes me is that a news helicopter took this. when doing missile testing of any kind within the continental U.S. and its boundaries; all air traffic in the vicinity of must be notified prior to launch with a time frame of 24 hours or more. The area of the launch must be sectored off by the FAA. ( so many square miles) depending on the size of the missile and its payload.There are rules to follow even for a military test launch. I will not get into specifics about the saftey rules or square miles needed accounding to missile size and payload. This launch looks military but who’s. Its not civilian,not a delta II,definitely not a S.A. It does not look like aircraft contrail either. I need to see some video footage, maybe I could judge the speed of this. A high speed camera would tell me what this is for sure.

Given that the CBS helicopter crew took some great footage of this event. This tells me one thing. Aircraft and FAA not notified. This is either a military test,and someone forgot safety notification protocols. or some country just parked a sub off the coast and fired one across are bow.

So Anyone know where there is a video of this? I tried you-tube, it appears blocked. seeing some real footage would help. CBS seems to only have photos of footage.

edit on 10-11-2010 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2010 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Phage

What we see in the video most looks like the first photo before the wind has taken action. We don't get to see what happened to the "trail" a few minutes after the video. I suspect that it would look very similar to this. There is very defined "Single" trail. not a 757 double trail!

link   
some interesting chemical news

Liquid fluorine (-188 oC) burning engines have also been developed and fired successfully. Fluorine is not only extremely toxic; it is a super-oxidizer that reacts, usually violently, with almost everything except nitrogen, the lighter noble gases, and substances that have already been fluorinated. Despite these drawbacks, fluorine produces very impressive engine performance. It can also be mixed with liquid oxygen to improve the performance of LOX-burning engines; the resulting mixture is called FLOX. Because of fluorine's high toxicity, it has been largely abandoned by most space-faring nations.

Some fluorine containing compounds, such as chlorine pentafluoride, have also been considered for use as an 'oxidizer' in deep-space applications.

flurine when ignited prduces a yellow colour

link   
Here is the flight tracker info on US808 (the plane most likely to be the culprit)

flightaware.com...

It is supposed to be a Boeing 757 Twinjet. A Twinjet 757 making a contrail like that during mid flight? And with a spiral "staged" breaking of the trail, similar to almost EVERY missile launch ever seen from these parts?

I'm concerned because this crap happened right off the coast from where I'm sitting as I type this. I literally could have filmed this from my balcony. I want to know why Norad, FAA, Pentagon, and all players involved, can't I.D. this.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

This might help:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Sorry, I don't buy it--it took them too long to come out with this. They would have known exactly where a commercial airliner was within 30 minutes of the news breaking, if not sooner. Someone slipped with the missile bit after they got cocky and thought they could slip us the fast one and launch under our noses. They weren't expecting to be caught, and possibily only one federal agency was aware of a launch due to classification, and everyone was running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

The flight path of the only flight to be in that area was shown to be 120 miles away from the sighting of the missile.
This is going to be just like Roswell-someone started off by telling the truth and then the military suddenly comes up with an ordinary explanation, give it about 24 hours. We all go "oh, shucks, government knows best", and we don't question them on it, and boom, another mystery we'll never know about.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...

Phage you deserve a medal. I have had a good nights sleep and wake to find you still going strong another 40 pages later than when we were saying its just a plane last night. I am going to sit back and watch this one ( well go to work and check my smart phone occasionally). There is no point anymore trying to convince the many people who think it was a missile. I think the truth will come out eventually and then many many people including the MSM will have more egg on there faces than a man standing at the wrong place in the worlds largest egg throwing contest.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by QU3STIONAUTHORITY

When you look straight up at a contrail you may (or may not) see two trails.

When you look out at a contrail in the distance, you are likely to see one.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Lets have a look a great shot of an airplane contrail shall we?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Originally posted by MrCoolWhip
www.youtube.com...

im trying to post the video but heres the link instead

SECOND MISSLE FIRED TODAY
edit on 9-11-2010 by MrCoolWhip because: (no reason given)

Here you go, nice find.

Nice find. More proof that aircraft contrails can be misinterpreted as missile launches. As I've already stated it is all about perspective. Expect more of these videos. Of course lots of people will be thinking that those pesky Chicoms are launching more ballistics off the coast?

TJ

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

how come ur convinced before _________ (fill in every major intelligence agency in the US)

that must have been one hell of a sleep.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Possibilities of what this was.

1) Plane....if so why does every defense agency seem to be stuck, and not just say "It was so and so flight...at so and so time...shut up"

2) Missile....which would explain why those agencies are hush hush, or even scarier, why none of them claim responsibility.

Plain or Missile....I'm stuck. I'll just observe the thread till something new pops up.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
At first i believed it was a missile, but from what i researched a missile is not in flight for multiple days. If it was a missile it would have already landed somewhere, and i havent heard anything.

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join