It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Puzzlemaniac

But planes do reflect sunlight.
This is what a rocket looks like when it stages.

WOW...okay...I don't know anything about rockets, but would all rockets/missiles do that some thing? The California Missle Plane sure didn't do this...unless it did it after the filming stopped or went into clouds or something. Thanks...more please.

EDIT: Oh, and was it, inbound or outbound. Please save me from going back in the thread again.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Puzzlemaniac because: Forgot something to Phage

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If it is a missile, how long can one stay in flight? Im sorry if this has been asked before, but 87 pages is a lot to go through

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by backinblack

Phage is reffering to this quote.

"Whatever it was, it was spinning up into the sky kind of like a spiral," and was easy to distinguish from condensation trails from jets, he said. "It was quite a sight to see. It was spectacular."

i guess well nitpick over grammar Phage is correct that the part of easily distinguished is not a direct quote FROM THAT SENTENCE, but it clearly states "he said" so he said it in the interview just not at the point of that quote.

Nitpicking alright and on probably the most relevant part. The best witness says it wasn't a jet trail..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by favouriteslave
In the video taken by the media you can clearly see a fireball at the end of whatever was making the trail. It seemed to glow and flutter a whole rainbow of colors. Is that standard for a commercial airplane or an "special edition" add on?

Top of page 67:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I may be a little late, but here's a loop I made of the "stages firing", or whatever you want to call it. Light reflecting off the "plane" or whatever. I created a youtube account a few minutes ago just for this clip.

edit on 11/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Alot of plane believers are avoiding that video for some strange and odd reason.
I agree that looks like its in a firing stages where parts usually or the missile start to go.

This part of the footage proves it was no plane.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Why doesn't anyone explain this. Thanks for adding the video too. I see white, green, red and orange fire coming out of that thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by andrewh7

I think that the deduction that "this missile" is not a threat to the US, is due to the fact that LA or any other city has not been vaporized.

Possibly we would have heard about that, what with all the bright sparks knocking around here on ATS.

On the contrary, (hypothetically) if a hostile foreign government launched a missile from a submarine off the coast of LA and it failed purposely, as a show of force, or accidentally, then that is a national security threat. Hey - the fact the US government has not identified it yet with so much time and photographic evidence is also a HUGE concern. These are the same people that have the nuclear bomb codes!

In addition, if the US military is so incompetent that it is accidentally launching its own missiles by major cities that cause national concern among the populous, that is a threat as well. We know the US military would not have done this purposely because they most likely would have tested it off the coast of Alaska to avoid onlookers.

Your logic seems to state that if I fire a machine gun into a crowd, it is not a real threat until one of the bullets actually hits someone. That makes no sense whatsoever.
edit on 10-11-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

even phage is avoiding it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Puzzlemaniac

heres the issue,

if this contrail is cause by a series of very fortunate events to create this illusion.

how can one take one video of a rocket launch to be the constant appearance a missile launch would take.

doesnt make sense

if you believe this contrail was a rare illusion you must also believe that the missile Phage has provided to be the same, and or they're are freaks of those nature as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Could it be that one of the missing Cargo Plane Bombs ended up on a UPS or FedEx cargo flight and exploded Monday evening? There would have been a lot of smoke due to the huge amount of cargo. The plane would have been directed to fly up and away from land at max power, would it not? As I've said before, it's too bad that noone filmed this event a few minutes longer.
-cwm

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

This is the link. It is several years old! Check it out!!!
www.aerospaceweb.org...
The conclusion of the rocket scientist: This is not a plane!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I'm not sure what you mean. The contrail is distorted by the wind but contrails do also exhibit the effects of vortices.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

there would be debris everywhere .. and i bet it would wash ashore .. highly unlikely since maritime travelers would spot some debris ... impossible to clean it up completely since the splash area would be huge and not all of it would be floating ... no point in covering something up that you cant clean up completely.

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

greeneyedleo and myself have been making every effort to tell everyone that baring the vehicle being a stealth type vehicle, NORAD knows almost everything about 'it' whatever 'it' it - a plane, missile, rocket even a cessna or an ultralight!

NORAD's mission is to DEFEND US airspace. And it can't to that without monitoring EVERYTHING in that airspace and extending at least 200 miles off shore (doesn't anyone remember the cold war and the USSR bomber threat???). DSP satellites cover the entire globe and provide near instantaneous notification of a missile or rocket launch and ANYTHING that can be detected via Infrared including subsonic cruise missiles. And such reports then get relayed automatically and instantaneously to ground and even sea based RADAR assets (including FAA radars) to get a good RADAR track on the object including NORAD's own Phased Array RADAR system located at Beale AFB, CA located here which is less than 500 miles from the vehicle launch point.

So whatever it is, NORAD has exact IR and RADAR tracks on it. And it knows exactly what type of vehicle/aircraft/missile/rocket is is and either where it is or where it landed/impacted.

Any type of launch of ANY kind in US airspace (except for hobby rockets) required notification (NOTAM) to multiple organizations including FAA, NORAD and NASA. The launch itself could NOT be kept secret, only the nature of the vehicle/mission could be kept secret. There is no such thing as a secret or classified launch. If mission was classifed, NORAD would still say a classified launch occurred.

But since NO NOTAM, that means it was NOT a US launch.

NORAD, the Pentagon and the National Command Authorities (NCA) know with certainty exactly what IT is. And they are not saying for a number of very good reasons including the fact that the launch of whatever proves NORAD/Air Force/DOD can't do its job - just like on 911.

The event, whatever it is is classified and classified beyond the typical collateral classification level. Someone important really wants it kept SECRET.

So baring a definite announcement from NORAD or an insider leak via greeneyedleo or someone else, everything else is speculation.

I personally don't thiink speculation should be being posted unless accompanied with at least some facts to back it up. 75 pages is WAY too many!

link   
Let's go over this again...

NORAD, Navy, Air Force and Pentagon aren't talking (they DO know what it was, I'm sure)
FAA not talking
Helicopter pilot knows it's not a plane
If it was actually a US Airways Flight, something that flies twice daily, but flies 120 miles away from the spot where the contrail was seen, don't you think they would have SAID THAT? It's not like the FAA and Air Force wouldn't have the sense to chalk this up to a commercial airliner. Come on, get real. No way that is a normal commercial airline.

They know what it is, and they aren't going to tell us unless we DEMAND answers.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
For people not familiar with the coast of Los Angeles, it is a very foggy dense climate near the airports, and between here (San Pedro) and Catalina. The conditions are PERFECT for long lasting Contrails from Jets.

Trouble is, the trail in this video looks NOTHING like any Jet Contrail I've seen. Sit at any Airport near the LAX and watch planes take off all day, all month if you wish. NONE will appear like this. In Fall, in Winter....at dusk....in near fog...nothing.

Sorry guys.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by QU3STIONAUTHORITY
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

This is the link. It is several years old! Check it out!!!
www.aerospaceweb.org...
The conclusion of the rocket scientist: This is not a plane!

While such a contrail could have been left by an aircraft making a rapid zoom climb to high altitude, several characteristics of the contrail make it more likely to have been created by a rocket. For example, some regions of the contrail appear to be expanding outward compared to the diameter immediately below. This characteristic is common on rockets when the previous stage burns out and a new stage is ignited. When we originally received these photos, we suspected that the contrail might have been left by a rocket launched from Vandenburg Air Force Base. Vandenburg is a primary site for launching Air Force rockets that carry military satellites into orbit.

Now this makes sense even an underwater lunch fits the picture well done

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
heres an angle im working with, always goes more quickly with more involved.

the flashes of colour would be chemical compounds igniting, find out what chemicals burned produced the colours we can clearly see and match those up to known avaition fuel/rocket fuel.

chemsitry may solve this one.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

No these are separate photos from a few years back. They caught my eye while I was googling contrail photos to find one that could match. Well these stood out. and come to find out they are determined to be a missle launched from vandenberg afb by a aerospace website. check it out!

www.aerospaceweb.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by QU3STIONAUTHORITY

Yes, that looks like a rocket launch.

As altitude increases, wind speed generally increases. The portion of the trail formed at lower altitudes may move very little while portions at higher altitudes are often blown further away, stretching the contrail out as shown in the pictures.

www.aerospaceweb.org...

The video of the jet contrail does not get wider at higher altitudes. It gets narrower. That is because the whole contrail is at the same altitude and gets spread out and distorted by the winds at that altitude. The further from the plane, the more spread out because it's been there longer.

edit on 11/10/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I'm not sure what you mean. The contrail is distorted by the wind but contrails do also exhibit the effects of vortices.

Vortices do exist through regular flight, I agree. But look at the video and stills of this event. Notice the BASE of the trail, how it has that spiral feature. And how it's thickness breaks in stages. And the thickness itself...it's not usual or similar to any water based vapor phenomena I've seen.

I'm trying to get "QuestionAuthority" to verify his photos are of this event too. If so, this is DEFINITELY a missile.

I really don't think these are plain Vortex phenomena, through stable flight, or take-off and landing.

Also, Flight 808 is supposed to be a common Boeing 757. Did they do a fuel dump. Or a crosswind catch an unusually thick trail?

It has been cold here , more than usual. But not conditions enough to make a trail like THAT, and with it's characteristics.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Have you got a pic of a contrail as obviously large as the one we are debating?
Thats what gets me. The trail is so big.....

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join