It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

They lost control of 50 missles ...what? Two weeks ago. Sounds to me like someone messed up and now they gotta cover up.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by Wookiep

I've already seen several post pictures of more "launches". Just wait there will be many more now and in the end it will show that it really was just a jet.

It will be called a jet no matter what it was and I stated that pages ago..

But if it was flight 808 as has been suggested, it would have flown inland.
So why are the witnesses onland saying it was a missile?
Surely it flew over someones head!!

I agree it would. It should have definitely flown over land if it were flight 808. To the curious observers who saw it did they not continue watching it until it was out of sight?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

surely the helicopter pilot would have noticed and he made no mention of that and that it spiraled up unlike anything he has seen. Until more info is given im saying the most reliable source is a pilot who witnessed the event, gotta take his word on it.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Hack28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

surely the helicopter pilot would have noticed and he made no mention of that and that it spiraled up unlike anything he has seen.

Really? Where is the quote from the helicopter pilot? I would like to see what he said about it. Surely he would have watched it until it concluded its flight or gone out of sight.
edit on 9-11-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

link   

surely the helicopter pilot would have noticed and he made no mention of that and that it spiraled up unlike anything he has seen. Until more info is given im saying the most reliable source is a pilot who witnessed the event, gotta take his word on it.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Hack28 because: (no reason given)

Maybe it was a military helicopter? See my previous post

link   

I agree it would. It should have definitely flown over land if it were flight 808. To the curious observers who saw it did they not continue watching it until it was out of sight?

Good, you get my point. Along with the fact I stated earlier that I'd find it hard to believe the initial cameraman would have not known it was a plane flying towards them.
Why would he risk ridicule and possible sacking for a hoax clip??
All doesn't make sense..
And surely the helecopter pilot would also know if it was a plane..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You may quite realise that this is exactly what your former Sec of Def said it was. A message to Asia.

"The President is on your turf so if something happens to him we'll send these up your sphincter faster than a faster at an all you can eat buffet....".
edit on 9/11/10 by spearhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

Norad has no answers? That's upsetting.

Someone goofed, someone's lying, and someone needs to come clean. Missiles just don't run away on their own. It takes a lot of effort to put on of those expensive things in the sky. And I'm pretty sure people from L.A., especially news casters and us locals, know what PLANE CONTRAILS look like.

Los Angeles has very AIRPORT SAVVY people....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Maybe it was a military helicopter? See my previous post

It was a news traffic copter..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Looks like a missile its funny how many on here would rather take the medias word.
And also
shows that also phage lied saying he didn't say it was an airplane thanks for clearing that up.

The MEDIA says its a missile
Phage said it's an airplane
Phage did NOT say the airplane took off from the ground

ATS is SAD these days

:shk:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

surely the helicopter pilot would have noticed and he made no mention of that and that it spiraled up unlike anything he has seen.

Really? Where is the quote from the helicopter pilot? I would like to see what he said about it. Surely he would have watched it until it concluded its flight.

I thought it was the camera man who said it? I'd like to see what the pilot said as well. Either way, look for the camera man/pilot changing their story soon. I can see the camera man saying something like "ah well I guess it *could* have been just a weird plane contrail after all".

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

When a helicopter gets that's close to a plane, don't they receive radio communication to stay away? Wouldn't the possible flight have a recording of traffic in the area?
edit on November 9th 2010 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes, you would think the helicopter pilot would make a reliable observer. I myself am a pilot. Is there any statements that are made by the pilot that you can link to?

link   
reply to post by Aisling

I find it interesting how in that video norad will not give a definitive answer to what it is, but will confirm it is no threat. to me that proves this is a dis-info mass psychology experiment. it is also worth noting that CBS was responsible for the first “war of the worlds” mass psychology experiment and they are the ones that broke the “news” about this "missile"...

link   

Originally posted by backinblack

reply to post by Wookiep

I've already seen several post pictures of more "launches". Just wait there will be many more now and in the end it will show that it really was just a jet.

It will be called a jet no matter what it was and I stated that pages ago..

But if it was flight 808 as has been suggested, it would have flown inland.
So why are the witnesses onland saying it was a missile?
Surely it flew over someones head!!

That is EXACTLY what I'm wondering. If they were so concerned about this, why just the 3 second zoomed in vid clip. They could have had cameras on it for an hour after it was spotted.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The U.S. Department of Defense Just Issued a Statement...

Link: www.cbsnews.com...

-cwm

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yahoo.com finally has this story on their headline news. It took them awhile to pick this up.

Pentagon Cant Explain Missile Off Cali

Pentagon officials were stumped by the event. "Nobody within the Department of Defense that we've reached out to has been able to explain what this contrail is, where it came from," Pentagon spokesman Col. Dave Lapan said.

The Federal Aviation Administration ran radar replays from Monday afternoon and they "did not reveal any fast-moving, unidentified targets," the statement said. No pilots reported unusual sightings to the FAA.

Pilots havent reported anything unusal. FAA hasnt tracked anything unidentified. Pentagon is stumped. Just throwing this out there, but is there a possibility of a stealth missile or something like that?

At the end of the article, it says this.

Pike said he didn't understand why the military had not recognized the contrail of an aircraft. "The Air Force must ... understand how contrails are formed," he said. "Why they can't get some major out to belabor the obvious, I don't know."

Does this guy think the US Air Force dosent know anything about planes that are flying in the air?

Im not sure if this was an aircraft or missile. It looks like im going to have to wait for more information.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Actually, the pilot did not say that. The cameraman did not say that either. He said the plume was twisted, he did not say he saw what was producing the plume spiraling and the video shows no sign of a spiral flight path.

He was aboard the television station's helicopter shooting footage of the sunset over the ocean when at about 5:15 p.m. he noticed a spiral-shaped vapor trail and zoomed in to get a better look.

The on-board camera showed a plume twisting up from the horizon and narrowing as it climbed into the sky northwest of Catalina Island, he said.

"Whatever it was, it was spinning up into the sky kind of like a spiral," he said. "It was quite a sight to see. It was spectacular."

www.kentucky.com...

The other video shows that the contrail mostly disappeared a bit later, as the plane flew east into the darker sky.

edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
reply to post by Aisling

I find it interesting how in that video norad will not give a definitive answer to what it is, but will confirm it is no threat. to me that proves this is a dis-info mass psychology experiment. it is also worth noting that CBS was responsible for the first “war of the worlds” mass psychology experiment and they are the ones that broke the “news” about this "missile"...

This is exactly what i think.

Why hide it if its no threat?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It was reported on Anderson Cooper tonight that it was a plane taking off, and with the direction of light and a tiny dash of photo trickery (camera angle) the plane was actually flying away from the chopper, the redness was caused by the sun and the jet engine fuel trailer clouds.

If nothing more, its another reason showing us that sometimes the beauty of our earth really is mystifying!

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join