It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
i'm telling ya,

it was a USO blowing off buckey balls from the valves of their 5m singularity drive.

anyone ever use stp or mystery oil?

whatever it is, it is not a plane. i never seen a contrail like that in 50yrs. i do not know what it is exactly.

if they ever come up with an explanation, heh heh, we'll see.

dangerous? i don't think so.

link   
does no one see?
i think it could b another test
the postal bombs from yemen were tests to see what they could get away with and to thwart the economy so close to xmas.
this is another test.
AQ is wanting to see if we'd shoot that FKR down with SDI or some other fictional weapon . now they know. we aint gonna do "shi-ite" we do not monitor so close to our own shores. its a full green go ahead for any crackhead nation with bio weapons or nukes with a large bottle rocket as a deployment method.

link   
I saw the video. It is not a rocket because:

*) rockets in that course accelerate substantially
*) rockets have a significantly brighter output---the business end of the rocket nozzle would be blazing white at that time of day.

I live in socal and have seen rocket launches from Vandenberg etc. Once they get going, they go fast.

However, it is not a regularly scheduled commercial or general aviation flight, because such an aircraft would have been on transponder and LA regional ATC would have identified it immediately.

Therefore it is a non-commercial, undisclosed aircraft.

Notice that the US officially denied "DOD" involvement. The government is often unusually precise and relies on the public to jump to conclusions which are convenient, and yet may be untrue.

For instance, denying DOD involvment does not rule out
(a) NASA
(b) CIA
(c) NRO
(d) private military contractors
(e) foreign military or intelligence

Also, the weather that day was a bit unusual---the morning had rain but it cleared up very suddenly over the ocean. That is not normal for southern california. If there was rain you'll have a marine layer for a while when it's cold---when it's very clear in November, that's from a dry "Santa Ana" condition which means warm, dry air from the east (and is why we got 90-100 F days just a week or two ago).

So it's possible the unusual weather made the formation of thick contrails combined with great sunset visibility more probable.

Personally, I think it's most likely a CIA U-2 on its way back from Afghanistan, or secondarily, a test craft for one of the military contractors in the area.
edit on 9-11-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I find it rediculous that the government now claims its nothing more than a vapor trail- contrail. Lies lies and more lies!
edit on 10-11-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

link   
www.flightstats.com... op

it is NOT UA Flight 808

808 flies from LAX to San Fran
daily

and NOT from Hawaii to LAX

according to the link above

so it's NOT 808, it's goin in the wrong
direction

808 is an Airbus Industrie A320

edit on 11/9/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by MegaMind

When you work in aviation you have even less faith in the FAA!.

Federation Against Aviation.

I am a pilot and I think that much of the FAA is like any other Governmental Agency - Incompetent!

.... not all the regulations and such are bad though ....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I found this on the Los Angeles Craigslist rant and raves...lol Maybe its an insider as to what it really was...

Link

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

@Boondock

US 808 not UA 808

edit on 9/11/2010 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by backinblack

And to also be fair, I think there are people more qualified than Phage to make an educated hypothesis or argument from deduction, other than Phage. I just notice that he has a fan club of sorts which see him as an authority. All I'm saying is that his 'authority' as an ATS poster can be questioned and scrutinized.

As someone who grew up near LAX airport and lived 15 years at the end of the runway, I know what a plane contrail appears like. Also as an L.A. native, I know what a missile contrail looks like. I've seen literally THOUSANDS of one, and HUNDREDS of the latter.

The object in the film appears like most missile contrails I've seen off of L.A. , which happen regularly.

But this is also an opinion, although an educated one.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

link   
Look what just showed up in BBC news today!

www.bbc.co.uk...

The plot thickens no?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
www.flightstats.com... op

it is NOT UA Flight 808

808 flies from LAX to San Fran
daily

and NOT from Hawaii to LAX

according to the link above

so it's NOT 808, it's goin in the wrong
direction

808 is an Airbus Industrie A320

edit on 11/9/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

It's US Airways 808 not United Air 808. US Airways 808 does fly from Hawaii to Arizona.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Ok not a rocket. But what about a missile? watch 1:25 in this video, looks very similar. What do you think?

edit on 9-11-2010 by nittin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

You want to try working on Engineering! and having to read all the stuff they come out with.

On topic though.

You say you're a pilot. (ATPL or PPL?)

from the video I posted earlier, can you really look me in the metaphorical eyes and with a straight face tell me that's a 757?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Hack28

cheers i was looking all over for the interview with him.

What Phage posted was not quite what I remember reading so make sure you get an accurate quote.
Looks like there's more than one version out there..

That's because Phages source left out the whole thing about it not looking like "contrails from jets" from the camera man's point of view. Lets compare, and you can determine the difference in the statements.

From Phages source

"Whatever it was, it was spinning up into the sky kind of like a spiral," he said. "It was quite a sight to see. It was spectacular."

www.kentucky.com...

Now, from the other source:

Whatever it was, it was spinning up into the sky kind of like a spiral," and was easy to distinguish from condensation trails from jets, he said. "It was quite a sight to see. It was spectacular

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

edit on 9-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)
extra DIV
extra DIV
extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

If this is what the shuttle looks like at 50 miles away I would infer that the rocket in the LA video is perhaps 1/4 to 1/2 the size of the shuttle.www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

IMHO if this was truly some sort of threat, at the very least a couple of F-16's would've been scrambled from Edwards AFB and been to the coast in what...20 minutes??

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm also looking at the port in Long Beach from my balcony. I'm about 4 blocks way. No strange activity going on. Just a huge cargo tanker sitting there. All is quiet. And trust me, if anything 'war like' was going on, this place would be a hot spot.

Just to add to the overall discussion.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
I found this on the Los Angeles Craigslist rant and raves...lol Maybe its an insider as to what it really was...

Link

This is hoax. Polaris missiles haven't been in service for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Hack28

cheers i was looking all over for the interview with him.

What Phage posted was not quite what I remember reading so make sure you get an accurate quote.
Looks like there's more than one version out there..

That's because Phage left out the whole thing about it not looking like "contrails from jets" from the camera man's point of view. Lets compare, and you can determine the difference in the statement.

From Phage:

"Whatever it was, it was spinning up into the sky kind of like a spiral," he said. "It was quite a sight to see. It was spectacular."

Now, from the source:

Whatever it was, it was spinning up into the sky kind of like a spiral," and was easy to distinguish from condensation trails from jets, he said. "It was quite a sight to see. It was spectacular

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Thats what I meant. I knew I'd seen that and I posted it earlier..
But Phage posted from another source.
THEY left that bit out, not Phage.. I checked
extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join