It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

That's because Phage left out the whole thing about it not looking like "contrails from jets" from the camera man's point of view. Lets compare, and you can determine the difference in the statement.

BUSTED BIG TIME!. Leaving part of the quote out to bolster your argument? I don't know what it is but now ..... Cred!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

I know it's not real...But considering theres no explanation for the incident, I thought this was just as good. Trying to shoot down hostile aliens, That would bring a country together, then we could find jobs for all the unemployed and create a new missle manufacturing industry to combat the daily attacks from aliens.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nittin
reply to post by mbkennel

Ok not a rocket. But what about a missile? watch 1:25 in this video, looks very similar. What do you think?

Rockets (meaning oxidizers and fuel are aboard) are the propulsion system for a missile.

You only saw the beginning of the ICBM launch, when it was very close.

If you were to see one or two more minutes, you'd see it go up very fast and it would look like a bright white star, because it was both far away and extremely hot, and the visible vapor/cloud trail would end.

Solid fuel rockets make far more billowy clouds (of toxic crap) than hydrogen-oxygen liquid fuel rockets. Not sure about kerosene-LOX.
edit on 9-11-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have been reading this thread all day and it is still growing minute by minute.

a couple pages back someone spoke of a incident in Indiana linked to this missile, did anyone have a chance to check it out, I will go look for it and post a link!

Page 73 post 17
conspiracyfortruth
edit on 10-11-2010 by rncali because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crashbehr
To everyone posting it was a plane by using the one guy who keeps saying it. Here is a quick report of the camera man.
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

thankyou to the before mentioned who said to look up as this previous quote was different from the cameraman.

"Whatever it was, it was spinning up into the sky kind of like a spiral," and was easy to distinguish from condensation trails from jets, he said. "It was quite a sight to see. It was spectacular."

to quote him

"IT WAS SPINNING UP INTO THE SKY KIND OF LIKE A SPIRAL"

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by Moose318
I found this on the Los Angeles Craigslist rant and raves...lol Maybe its an insider as to what it really was...

Link

This is hoax. Polaris missiles haven't been in service for a very long time.

Yes and they had no were near a top speed of 84,494 mph

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
One thing I know for sure from watching this thread is that everyone is stumped to some degree.

I just wanna know what flew by my house, and why nobody in 'authority' seems to have a definitive answer.

link   
reply to post by backinblack

Good call, edited accordingly.

link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Hack28

cheers i was looking all over for the interview with him.

What Phage posted was not quite what I remember reading so make sure you get an accurate quote.
Looks like there's more than one version out there..

you thank-you, took me forever to find but you were correct, see above post.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyfortruth

Any news on the Indiana event?

link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Read my post. Phage didnt leave it out.
He quoted straight from a source, they left it out!!

Now considering I posted the full quote ages ago its not possible to know if a selective source was used..

But the point is, the person in the BEST position (the cameraman) states it was NOT a contrail from a jet.
Also, he states spiraling up!!

link   
So, this is probably nothing but tonight my wife and I were driving down to the beach in Carlsbad and we noticed a weird trail going across the sky. It didn't look like a plane - normally a plane flies straight but this was changing course abruptly. We got down to the beach in time to get this bad picture but a lot of people were down there pointing at it and making comments that it didn't resemble a plane. It looked like it got higher and higher and then just disappeared.

It didn't come from San Diego but it could have been something going into LAX....funny thing though is that it disappeared from view to high and far away from where it should have.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I posted this further up the thread but it has been ignored. Nobody find this relevant to the topic then? If not can someone start a new thread please?

"Look what just showed up in BBC news today!

www.bbc.co.uk...

The plot thickens no?"

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by phatpackage

Read my post. Phage didnt leave it out.
He quoted straight from a source, they left it out!!

Now considering I posted the full quote ages ago its not possible to know if a selective source was used..

But the point is, the person in the BEST position (the cameraman) states it was NOT a contrail from a jet.
Also, he states spiraling up!!

And just to clear it up, I did also sate that I edited my post. It was the source he quoted, not Phage himself.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Perhaps this should also be discussed in the UFO forum? It's conceivable that an alien ship was burning and struggling to make it out of the atmosphere. But unfortunately, it disentegrated before escaping the atmosphere. It's too bad none of the videos stayed with the object until it was no longer visible.

If this were the case, the DOD, NORAD, FAA, etc.. would say exactly what they're saying, because the old "swamp gas" excuse no longer works.

This quote from NORAD speaks volumes:
"NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command), which is charged with monitoring the skies for possible aerial attack, issued a statement that they were "unable to provide specific details.""

"Unable to Provide Specific Details" tells me that they know what it was, but is UNWILLING to say. Hmmm...

-cwm
edit on 10-11-2010 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doyle
I posted this further up the thread but it has been ignored. Nobody find this relevant to the topic then? If not can someone start a new thread please?

"Look what just showed up in BBC news today!

www.bbc.co.uk...

The plot thickens no?"

there is no new info there, certainly not enough to start a thread.

link   
The biggest news network in the UK are reporting this and none of you have read the link...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Seriously this adds to the mystery.

link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well maybe he should have checked his source better then. All the ones I read had the full quote. I will give him credit he researches very thoroughly but not in this case eh?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

We have a 'projectile' with a contrail that has not been identified definitively. So it is a "UFO" of sorts, but I don't think it qualifies as such to be discussed there.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You really have to hand it to the U.S. government for its brazen disregard for the American public's ability to use even rudimentary logic.

1. "We have absolutely no idea what this was, where it came from or who is responsible for it."

2. "And furthermore, we are 100% positive that whatever it might have been it represents no threat of any kind."

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join