It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
The U.S. Department of Defense Just Issued a Statement...

Link: www.cbsnews.com...

-cwm

LOL at that explanation..I guess this vapor trail had a burning head?
That's sad DoD..even you schmucks can pick something better.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

cheers i was looking all over for the interview with him.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What no one is thinking about is where did the airplane (if it's an airplane) go. Where if it's a missile go? Missile either self explodes or explodes on impact. A plane has to land somewhere but no one knows where this *mystery* plane landed where it took off or where it came from.

If it was a missile where was it headed, where did it go, we don't know, Which leaves me to now believe this was some sort of rocket with a secret payload (satellite). They didn't want to launch it too publicly but they wanted it to be recorded so they could watch how it went. If this was a special satellite and the camera man was NOT suppose to have seen it he might of accidently filmed it not knowing he was even going to see it. The military got caught in the action of sending their secret payload and scrambled to make up anything they could and make people wonder what the hell that camera guy shot..

So you get the navy, faa, the pentagon all saying they have no clue when for a fact someone HAD to know because how could they say it was not a threat if they did not know exactly *what* it was. Making if it was just a plane the FAA could actually show on radar they could of just said it and of been done with it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

From your link.

"It can't belong to anyone but the military," said Marco Caceres, an analyst with Teal Group Corp., a Fairfax, Va.-based aerospace research company. The appearance of such a massive rocket contrail near military bases that are known for regularly testing missiles is unlikely to be a coincidence, Caceres said.

So far NO ONE is saying what it is for sure except a few like yourself.
Nothing wrong with being certain.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

I do love the part in this statement where they say that the DOD are stumped as to what this might be. If this was indeed a 757-200 an aircraft that has been around for soooo long that Boeing (and AMERICAN company) no longer manufacture them. Then do you not think that the US Department of Defense along with Aviation experts and the FAA, would easily be able to say, just as easily as Phage et al have done, and say, oh that's easy it's flight 808 a 757-200 en route Hawaii to Pheonix!!???

But no, they, the "most powerful" defense consortium on the planet to decide to use the word "STUMPED"

something stinks and it ain't last nights' fish!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If it was in fact a plane, then the FAA, Norad, and other agencies that watch the skies, would simply say "it was a plane". And we would be given the flight number, the time, the heading, everything.

But their answer all imply they are in the dark too.

So for the people to say it's definitely a 'plane' I wonder, what radar systems and computer networks do they possess to give them more knowledge than government agencies? Are they THAT inept? That civilians on blogs can figure it out better than they can?

Or is someone here lying?

Which is the most rational explanation? I don't truly know.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

I do love the part in this statement where they say that the DOD are stumped as to what this might be. If this was indeed a 757-200 an aircraft that has been around for soooo long that Boeing (and AMERICAN company) no longer manufacture them. Then do you not think that the US Department of Defense along with Aviation experts and the FAA, would easily be able to say, just as easily as Phage et al have done, and say, oh that's easy it's flight 808 a 757-200 en route Hawaii to Pheonix!!???

But no, they, the "most powerful" defense consortium on the planet to decide to use the word "STUMPED"

agree 100%

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"The Defense Department said Tuesday it did not know what created a vapor trail that crossed the skies off the Southern California coast and resembled a missile launch. "

The entire defence department has been looking into this and how simple would a plane explanation be? certain members here ahd it in 25 min, i find it hard to believe they cant conclusively say its a plane, yet with all of the extra technology we have here we can.

i call bs to the planesayers

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility that this is a hoax? It's so completely ridiculous and the only official who has said anything publicly is a FORMER ambassador. Why would they ask him anything? Who the hell is he? Then, he makes a ridiculous statement about a supposed show of force, which as other people have pointed out is anything BUT. Now there is an article that suggests it might be a private company that launched it.

No, this is someone's idea of a grand joke.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

It is not giving me much confidence in the DOD and FAA.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

cheers i was looking all over for the interview with him.

What Phage posted was not quite what I remember reading so make sure you get an accurate quote.
Looks like there's more than one version out there..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
People who don't know what it was:

!) DOD

2) FAA

3) NORAD

4) News Reporter who flew many times in L.A. skies

5) Pentagon

6) News Casters

PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT IT WAS:

1) A few on ATS blog

2) PHAGE

Any questions?
edit on 9-11-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
People who don't know what it was:

!) DOD

2) FAA

3) NORAD

4) News Reporter who flew many times in L.A. skies

5) Pentagon

6) News Casters

PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT IT WAS:

1) A few on ATS blog

2) PHAGE

Any questions?
edit on 9-11-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

To be fair Phage has really only given a reasonable explanation.
I take it as an opinion and we are all entitled to do that.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i realize that a scientific mind deals solely in the absolute and does not deviate but srely now you can meet us half way and agree it is weird/annoying that they cannot specify what/where this came from?

link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Don't forget the guy from globalsecurity.org he was the guy who clued CNN into the airplane contrail story

link   
So we have 2 missiles of unknown origin spotted first in Arizona and now in California within days of one another. What in the world is going on???

link   

From your source

One expert called it an optical illusion. "It's an airplane that is heading toward the camera and the contrail is illuminated by the setting sun," said John Pike, director of the U.S.-based security analyst group globalsecurity.org.

OK folk's everyone look this way please

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04dcb7fd369e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

You guys are cracking me up!

I think that the few here on ATS apparently need to be working for the DOD, FAA and called "Atmospheric Anomaly Investigators"

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynned

Are you saying that the folks who run KCBS in Los Angelos decided to take an ordinary, routine, brief video and use the power of the internet to generate a ton of publicity for themselves? In this day and age of blind selfishness, this wouldn't surprise me a bit. Unfortunately however, they're making our "intelligence" services look like the Three Stooges on steroids. I wonder if KCBS will be covertly punished in some way?
-cwm

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

When you work in aviation you have even less faith in the FAA!.

Federation Against Aviation.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join