It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'll bet this ties in with the Missile systems going down for a few hours a week or so ago.

Maybe someone hacked the system and launched a few?

articles.cnn.com...:US

A high-level Air Force official defended the capabilities of the U.S. nuclear arsenal Thursday, after the Air Force lost communication with 50 nuclear missiles last weekend.

"I don't think it signals a degradation," Air Force Vice Chief of Staff Gen. Carrol Chandler said at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

"We're dealing in many cases with a weapons system that was designed and built in the '60s. I will also tell you that there's some goodness in the simplicity with the way that system is built"
Advertisement

Early indications are that Saturday's disruption to one of the launch control centers linked to Warren Air Force Base in Wyoming, where the 50 missiles are held, was due to a computer malfunction similar to glitches at two other nuclear missile sites in the late 1990s.

That would be troubling
edit on 9-11-2010 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

link   
Fox news cable now has some interesting coverage LIVE... tune in if you can.

link   
reply to post by bputman

Please don't take this the wrong way, I know you have heard it before, like a million times... you shouldn't over exaggerate., Hundred of millions? Really?
That's like... Army 507,158 Navy 347,693 Air Force 347,352 Marines 179,762 Total DOD 1,381,965 give'r take...
+ Coast Guard 41,002 Total Armed Forces 1,422,967 giv'r take...
+ Reserves 1,000,000 Paramilitary 53,000 = Total for US Military 2,475,967... giv'r take

vs. 100,000,001 for example... What Military force (besides an NWO type of joint opperation) is that large??

.... Okay.... I am really going to bed now... as per my last post

link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Good stuff guys

Epic fail on the media! there will be an explanation soon on type of aircraft and media blunder.

1) This kid in this video is an idiot...acting as if "he" figured something out himself.

2) He also has a fake laugh...something I always attach to "dishonesty" and lack of character.

Man...I don't hate people...but this troll-faced-gimp pushed my limits close.

Anyways...

People need to stop making fun of anyone who thinks this may be a missile. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT!? The TV is pumping it into our heads...not everyone (including the punk in above vid) knows "everything" about contrails, missiles, military operations, etc- but many are coming forward with "provided" answers that they have googled or absorbed through a screen.

Lets face it folks...if this WAS a missile, almost all of us will accept "plane" as long as some mainstream outlet spoon feeds that answer to us.

Same goes for "missile"...as we can see almost everyone this morning agreeing with (save a select few).

I personally DO NOT KNOW...nor should I know...I have no background in this area of technology.

Now if you are not a pilot, engineer, defense expert, missile collector OR a world leader...how can YOU say to ME with 100% accuracy what we are looking at?

I grow so tired of so many people "out of their element" gloating and bragging on top of infos they have zero expertise on.

Like I said...this morning I was told this is a missile from the television gods...now the same television gods seem to be leaning towards plane.

How dare anyone laugh at anyone who is undecided in such a confusing turn/flip of story?

Play nice...don't laugh at those who don't know the details as of yet...great chances are- that you are also one who is "not knowing".

link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

Originally posted by slt63366
It was totally a plane. Check this website for some pics that show how this optical illusion works

uncinus.wordpress.com...-4

From the website, heres a pic from head on:

Here's the same "missile" from the side. From this angle you can see that its clearly just a plain ol' plane.

Hmmmm, the first image clearly shows it's not a plane. Have you ever seen a cigar shaped plane? Here's a bigger picture:

As for your second picture, I doubt it's the same contrails, they don't match. The first one looks more distorted and the second one looks really clean. Hmmm...
edit on 9-11-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

Those pics are of the exact same contrail from two different angles that was spotted on Dec. 31st, 2009. As exciting as a missile launch would be, it is just a plane. Go to the website, it gives a detailed explanation on how this works.
edit on 9-11-2010 by slt63366 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

There is a company called "SeaLaunch" they are now partly owned by Energia to use former Soviet Ballistic Missiles as satellite launchers. They are just now coming out of bankruptcy and have no scheduled launches till third quarter 2011.
So there is a civilian capability, but they aren't the ones.

My theory leans toward a Chinese Ballistic Missile Sub performing a "demonstration launch" to warn the US not to monetize our debt (Financing the national debt by printing new money, which causes inflation due to a larger money supply).

link   
reply to post by Phage

Well what the hell else are they going to say. Oh yes of course

......we have absolutely no idea who fired that missile, but don't worry folks we have your safety in hand........

......whilst we don't know who fired this missile we are not concerned that there may have been an infringement of US airspace....

......we think it was an aircraft because we have no idea what it was and we don't want people to think we are incompetent.......

link   
www.youtube.com...

DARPA Hypersonic FALCON HTV-2?

link   
Alright, I saw that site linked on Drudge... uncinus.wordpress.com...-4 .... and I gotta say, that guy puts down a pretty solid argument that it was a plane.

God, I friggin' hate it when Phage is right and I'm wrong. Gotta hand it to Phage, he took a lot of abuse in this thread. Many people, including me, have our feet in our mouths.

link   
reply to post by Phage

An anon official says its a plane??
lol, ya gotta admit thats funny..
And from a credible "blog" too..Peer reviewed I bet..

I'll buy the plane when they state the airline details unless ofcourse they cant due to National Security..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

An ICBM would come down from space. That's what a ballistic missile does.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

More than troubling... Unlike in the movies there is no destruct button for ballistic missiles.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Where are the Israelli Submarines ATM?

If it was not a US missle launch,
and you have an unknown missle launching away from the US coast (not toward the US),
this would give the 'appearance' to the world that the US is testing missles for a purpose,

the Govt has a habit of ignoring only one country, and they are not about to say 'we detected an israelli sub ...',

IF, this is not the US, as far as i am concerned, it can only be one other country that is pushing for the US to do something for them again. only days ago netenyahu was demanding more military action against Iran.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by flyingfish
Good stuff guys

Epic fail on the media! there will be an explanation soon on type of aircraft and media blunder.

LOL wow.
What a douchebag! If he comes to ATS I hope we see a banning!

HE IS RIGHT. This is going to be a huge embarrassment for the MSM and others. I don't like his style but the guy is SPOT ON.

Needed to be done.
Quite funny, could have been better, but speed is important here.

Good thing this isn't for real.
Isn't it?
I mean this whole World Media fail thing.
Good thing it's not for real.

Isn't it?

I mean the military wouldn't fall for it would they?
Would they?

I just saying it's quite funny but not for real.

Eh?

Somebody fired a 'missile' over Calif and the World media portray it as real?

They would never fall for that would they?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MayanMoon
"CONTRAIL" shows up on Satellite!!! ???

YOUTUBE VIDEO OF SATELLITE PHOTO:
www.youtube.com...

SATELLITE PHOTO:
rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov...
**(ZOOM INTO AREA)

I found these interesting - why would the contrail from a jet be so large as to show up in a Satellite photo?

If it is a jet - why is only one "CONTRAIL" showing up with all the other air traffic?

The contrail starts over the mainland in that picture, and if you continue the line farther inland (compare it to the same location on Google Maps, or something similar), you'll see it seems to lead pretty much all the way to Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, CA. This is a large airport that handles some pretty big planes (in addition to lots of smaller, private/corporate jets).

I think it's just a contrail from a plane coming from this airport.

link   
It was a Delta II rocket with a SkyMed satellite aboard launched from Vandenberg AFB. No biggie kids.

tt
edit on 9-11-2010 by trailertrash because: typo

link   
I heard a roaring like that of an airplane but 10 times more intense and that was earlier today. I live in BC, Canada am I doomed?>

link   
reply to post by Phage

Stop it, stop it, Phage you are really making me laugh on this one. There is no way that was a trail caused by an airliner or jet. Jets do have trails when they take off but they do not last that long when taking off. So, maybe the jet released their cargo bay when they were taking off causing it to have a much longer trail. This is clearly a missile trail.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Well put.

We simply DO NOT KNOW yet.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
or www.youtube.com...

Minotaur IV Light

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>