It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
what is the average length a contrail stays in the air, obviously aware of conditions but in calm weather.

I ask because in the west sky over scotsdale theres a short little slip of a contrail thats been there since 2 pm this time zone4pm est

scratch that went back outside its gone
edit on 9-11-2010 by Hack28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
On FOX news about 25 minutes ago, they had Breaking News and said, the Pentagon, U.S. Navy, etc. have said that it was not theirs and America didn't do it.

So, if we didn't do it, who did?

Some heads are rolling right now in the U.S. military --you can bet on that. This is HUGE.

Ridiculous at least!
But they don't say WHAT. So, at least, it's still a missile, not an airplane, like some would like to make us believe.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Shame we don't have more footage as well, if it was a jet then extended footage would have show it fly right by?
edit on 9-11-2010 by TheBigK because: spelling fail

link   
reply to post by inbound

I have been looking at this footage. That news 'helicopter' is on the ground. In other words is this new footage or something else. You see it on the ground at frame 800 and it is clearly still on the ground at frame 2500.

link   
reply to post by antmax21

One missile hits China and they are wiped out? Wow, some people still believe that other countries can't overtake the U.S.. I would hate to fight hundred of millions of soldiers compared to what we have. Especially, since our military has been drained the last nine years.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It was totally a plane. Check this website for some pics that show how this optical illusion works

uncinus.wordpress.com...-4

From the website, heres a pic from head on:

Here's the same "missile" from the side. From this angle you can see that its clearly just a plain ol' plane.

link   
reply to post by windwaker

I tried to explain to everyone what is going on but I was attacked by the disinfo agents and had to remove my thread.

*sigh*

edit on 9-11-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

link   
Did no one else get this on film besides that one video? I have checked on You Tube for a few minutes and can't find anything else.

I can't believe nobody else saw it and filmed it.

link   
If there is a Chinese connection lets see what David Camerons next move is, he is over there and not due back for a few days I think...(I know someone will correct me if Im wrong on his return date.

Respecst

link   

Originally posted by TheBigK
Shame we don't have more footage as well, if it was a jet them extended footage would have show it fly right by?

That's why we haven't got it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Seems you guys love the weathermankevin LOL.
Here is the link.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bputman

One missile hits China and they are wiped out? Wow, some people still believe that other countries can't overtake the U.S.. I would hate to fight hundred of millions of soldiers compared to what we have. Especially, since our military has been drained the last nine years.

You know how long it would take to mobilize 100 million soldiers?...These aren't going to be wars of attrition...When did I say one missile?...It's how many nukes are we going to drop, how quickly, and when?...I'd love to see 100 million soldiers mobilized without a large percentage not even touching US soil. They are surrounded on all parts of their border.

link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Shame we don't have more footage as well, if it was a jet them extended footage would have show it fly right by?

That's why we haven't got it.

Ha, well, perhaps the traffic reporting was pretty boring that day. Would someone who lives in that area go and film us a plane flying by the same spot? I assume that would be a flight path if it was a plane?

link   
Just found this report on Iranian news station PRESSTV, not sure if it's been posted yet. I think this is more likely what happend but either way it's not good sign when any large rocket is fired, even more so when next to large population of civilians.

Hold tight people and be alert.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinkykoala
reply to post by johnny2127

Ok, I have one question for you??

How would military action and bombing the smithereens out of the USA alleviate any of those issues??

Just sayin

It wouldn't alleviate them unless China was thinking long term and more interested in seizing assets and natural resources. More likely its just a threat that they hope influences US fiscal policy.

Probably not coincidental that one of China's rating agencies downgraded the US credit rating today also...
China credit rating agency downgrades US

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Go play your COD, hopefully that's all the war you will ever have to see.

link   
Mystery missile launch reported off California coast

Click to play

Click to play

The vapour trail was seen not far off the coast of Los Angeles
Pentagon officials say they cannot explain reports of a missile launch off the coast of California on Monday.

A CBS News helicopter captured what looked like the vapour trail of a missile rising from the water about 35 miles (56 km) offshore.

"Right now all indications are that it was not [defence department] involvement in this launch" Pentagon spokesman Col David Lapan said.

The Pentagon does not consider the missile a threat.

"So far we've come up empty with any explanation," Col Lapan said. "We're doing everything we can to try to figure out if anybody has any knowledge of what this event may have been."

Under normal circumstances, the launch of a US missile would require several different authorisations and notifications, but none are evident.

It is unclear if the suspected missile was launched from land or sea.

link   
I know its not popular among the members right now, but when you look at the pieces of this puzzle...ie.

Obama plus VIPS off to India and this happens....youve got to be a vulcan to not put the circumstancial evidence in the same bucket?

respects

link   

Originally posted by Cyberspy

How did a KCBS news helicopter just happen to catch this? hmmmm.. would be interesting to know what they were supposed to be shooting.

What would be even more interesting. Would be for them to post the whole, entire, unedited video taken by their news helicopter from start to finish.I'm sure they shot more then just a few seconds of video. But all you see are a few short snippets. Why is that?

That almost never happens, especially on 'viral' videos.

It's called editing. Non-disclosure.

I have hundreds of DVD's I acquire to learn about film making.
It's called spending maybe $300 bucks in making-of videos, as opposed to $30k at film school.

[A bit of a side comment here on disclosure]

I have one, just one DVD that shows true disclosure.

From Ben Stiller

From his film (writer, director, lead role) Tropic Thunder

In the Extas section he shows a couple of 'mags'.
Those are full magazines of film, about 7mins each.
No edits, just the raw film.

Shows the actors just workin' away at take after take after take with no cuts.
Dailies.

Well worth checking out, and like I say I have only ONE DVD making-of with that kind of material disclosed so far.

If you really have something, you'd disclose the raw footage without edit.

Basic test.
Apllies to everyone.

I say we demand that from now on.

In my film making, I always strive to show people some 'rushes' asap, gives me a nice feeling to know we captured something.

All I have seen here is highly edited footage.
Cut and pasted by media all over the World without journalistic question.

That's why we need places like ATS.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join