It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The last time I checked this thread there were around 20 pages of replies, now there's over 40, so I am not sure if anyone has brought this up yet...
I don't know if this is related, or not, or if this is even an "out of the ordinary" event in itself, but here it goes...
My dad got home from work about an hour ago and I asked him if he had heard about the "missile" in Cali... he said no but he did see a strange trail in the sky on his way home. We live east of Toronto (Canada) and as he was driving home he saw a trail in the sky that appeared to be coming from behing him (from the west, moving east). He couldn't see its point of origin, but Pearson International Airport was well behing him (west) at this point. The trail was a dark grey-ish/black-ish colour and and appeared to drop down towards the ground when looking to the east. He managed to snap a few photos of it... they're not great, but they're something.

Like I said, this might be completely unrelated and I might look like an idiot for posting these (if they have a normal explanation), but, I figured I would post anyways... just in case.

edit on 9-11-2010 by JourPolaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

USAF and USN are experimenting with sub-sea fighter jet launches.... but ..." this ain't that" .

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Gab1159

but yet, Obama's coming home right now, right?

Is he cutting trip short, or was he scheduled to come home right now?

Doesn't he still have to go to the G20 meeting? I thought he was just leaving Indonesia because of the excessive volcano dust, in case they aren't able to fly later.

link   

Originally posted by wikileaked
Just found this report on Iranian news station PRESSTV, not sure if it's been posted yet. I think this is more likely what happend but either way it's not good sign when any large rocket is fired, even more so when next to large population of civilians.

Hold tight people and be alert.

www.presstv.ir...

How trustworthy is said site?..I believe they are pretty good when it comes to facts. Isn't it real biased too? I keep thinking USA missile "secret" test or as many have said, trick and pony show for India...

link   

Originally posted by MayanMoon
"
If it is a jet - why is only one "CONTRAIL" showing up with all the other air traffic?

Exactly, in that area at that time of day there are dozens of flights, but only one caused this amazing "contrail"?

Also, I have spent a lot of time in Los Angeles, and the greater LA area over the last couple of years and I love sunsets, so I never miss one if I have the opportunity... I have NEVER seen a contrail like this.. Nothing even close to it... But I have seen many normal contrails. nothing that would cause anyone to even question what it was.

The timing and other recent events all seem to indicate something more serious may be going on here, Personally I hope this WAS a jet that created a freakish optical illusion and can be quickly put to rest as such with clear compelling evidence. If it wasn't we may have some serious problems, especially if the military didn't make these launches, or will not or "cannot" say why they did, nor confirm they did... etc. Could be very serious... could be nothing. I am hoping nothing!

link   
reply to post by Phage

I hardly think a missile would be considered unusual in an area where they test missiles!

@antmax21 - Press TV is the official Iranian outlet. You can guarantee they will spin this their way.
edit on 9/11/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wikileaked
Just found this report on Iranian news station PRESSTV, not sure if it's been posted yet. I think this is more likely what happend but either way it's not good sign when any large rocket is fired, even more so when next to large population of civilians.

Hold tight people and be alert.

www.presstv.ir...

I posted this way back somewhere in the teens, I'm not really sure what page. Nobody commented on it...

link   

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, said that FAA records showed commercial airliners were flying in the area at the time, and that most government experts were coming to the conclusion that the condensation trail was caused by an aircraft. "The best we can tell, it was probably caused by an aircraft," the official said.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

link   
reply to post by wikileaked

Very Interesting! Good Find!

I am very curious as to how other nations around the world cover this story and what they say happen!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

An unscheduled missile launch would be considered unusual.

link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
I can't believe nobody else saw it and filmed it.

Thats because from any angle other than head on it would have been an obvious airplane contrail. IT WAS AN AIRPLANE. If it was truly a missle, the entire area would have seen it. From any other angle it looked just like this.

link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage, I overlooked that. I want to see videos from regular people.. why aren't there any?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by slt63366
It was totally a plane. Check this website for some pics that show how this optical illusion works

uncinus.wordpress.com...-4

From the website, heres a pic from head on:

Here's the same "missile" from the side. From this angle you can see that its clearly just a plain ol' plane.

Hmmmm, the first image clearly shows it's not a plane. Have you ever seen a cigar shaped plane? Here's a bigger picture:

As for your second picture, I doubt it's the same contrails, they don't match. The first one looks more distorted and the second one looks really clean. Hmmm...
edit on 9-11-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, said that FAA records showed commercial airliners were flying in the area at the time, and that most government experts were coming to the conclusion that the condensation trail was caused by an aircraft. "The best we can tell, it was probably caused by an aircraft," the official said.

Ok so only one jet was in the area, or only one jet left a contrail?

link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by MayanMoon

Also, I have spent a lot of time in Los Angeles, and the greater LA area over the last couple of years and I love sunsets, so I never miss one if I have the opportunity... I have NEVER seen a contrail like this.. Nothing even close to it... But I have seen many normal contrails. nothing that would cause anyone to even question what it was.

It was filmed from a news chopper, so it's higher up than a ground perspective. That could be why you've never seen anything like it...
edit on 9-11-2010 by Jason88 because: formatting

link   

Originally posted by Phage

How convenient an explanation....possibly true, however, one must also consider the possibility that the Govt. wouldn't want to panic the population by saying that China or any other foreign country has the ability to launch an ICBM 35 miles from the coast of California. Food for thought.
edit on 9-11-2010 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

Only one jet made a contrail that made the news. Only one jet was coming in from over the Pacific at sunset. Yes.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MayanMoon

can someone check the exifs on the photos posted in the post im replying to .... i know ive seen it done before .. just not sure how it's done.

If they come out as originals with no photo manipulation ... it looks like it originated over land.

link   
Fox news on about it at this moment.

They still know nothing, they are trying to find out if it might have been a jet, and they will be taking inventory of missiles to see if any are missing.
:shk:
edit on 9-11-2010 by snowspirit because: adding what the news said so far

link   
One thing to consider. If it was an airliner, that means it would be coming in a roughly West to East flight path. (low over the ocean to high above) The people in the news chopper would have been able to see the airliner (continuing past the video footage) as it crossed overhead or to the North of them. It's the one thing we don't see is the result of this video. Where did it go? Did it continue up and outbound? Or if it was a jet did it continue inbound? I'm assuming that the pilot was watching it and knows what an airliner would look like. I've seen contrails of airliners in the manner as stated in other posts and eventually it either flies overhead or in some direction but as you keep watching it becomes evident it is a jet flying overhead.

The other thing that bothers me is this "we don't know" answer by NORAD and others. If this was our missile, they would have a story prepared. Whether it was to knock an incoming asteroid, a space plane to fight aliens or whatever there would've been a simple "test launch" or "we put a satellite in orbit" answer. In fact, "it was an airliner" would've been a good excuse to cover something else. But "we don't know"? We know by now that if they don't know, especially a missile,everything would be scrambled. If not then we are seriously in trouble.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join