It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

how do you figure no pilots reported anything? Was not the video/still pics filmed from a news helicopter?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBigK

In So Cal we have close to a dozen news outlets. Each one has its own helicopter or two. They are always up all day doing and monitoring traffic on dozens of freeways and also above as news breaks or events go down. I believe the helicopter was just doing its daily routine.

link   
Something just occurred to me. Could this be the beginning of someone in the military trying to stage an overthrow of the government?

Right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing...Sounds like Civil War to me.

link   
Good stuff guys

Epic fail on the media! there will be an explanation soon on type of aircraft and media blunder.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I wasnt even going to comment on this thread, but really? It amazes me how many seemingly intelligent people think this is a contrail from a plane. I forgot about that new airport we have under the ocean, right? -_- (and no...no aircraft carrier...please just stop lol)

Also I doubt a cameraman in a news helicopter would waste his time filming a jet. Why would you submit a video of a jet to the news?

All im saying is that I am sure it wasnt a contrail from a jet or plane. Im not a conspiracy theorist but something is up with this

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Sun devil...Thats it... Obviously a sun devil..... Why can't anyone else see this... no... NO... Wait ... Fatima...Thats it Obviously Our lady of Fatima....Why can't anyone else see this?... Where is the POPE?

link   
Sooo. It was a plane and it took them a full day to confirm it? Shouldn't we have a better handle on what is going on in our skies? They couldn't just check the radar reports the first 30 mins and figure out it was a plane? I mean seriously they had NASA, the Navy, Norad, and the FAA working to figure out what made a contrail and it took this long to decide it was just an airplane? Think logically people.. They went from saying it was so small it didn't show up on radar and everyone denying responsibility to it just being a plane a few hours later?
edit on 9-11-2010 by kronnikx because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Gixxer

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Gixxer

I think the one on the right was what phage put up from 2009 showing a contrail..

well if it is the same pic somethings fishy, cuss i got that pic off this fox news site
double missle pic

On the right, a very similar event from Dec. 31, 2009 commonly believed to be an airplane.

Diff time.

link   

Originally posted by JenRecluse
What about Russia's Club-K container missiles? Disguised as a standard shipping container, missiles can be launched from a ship carrying shipping containers, or from a semi, or a train.

www.youtube.com...

Or you can submerge it, leave it there for a while and then launch...???

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
From the BBC UK

CNN
Pentagon can't explain mystery rocket
42 mins ago

Telegraph
'Missile' fired off California coast
44 mins ago

FOXNews.com
Mystery 'Missile' Off Los Angeles Coast Still Unexplained
53 mins ago

and people want the thread shut?? Whats going on here people?

respects

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Something just occurred to me. Could this be the beginning of someone in the military trying to stage an overthrow of the government?

Right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing...Sounds like Civil War to me.

reminds me of when Rumsfeld "warned" the Pentagon brass that they could be looking at an investigation of where 2.3 trillion defense dollars disappear to - the day before the 9/11 attacks. Then, 90 minutes without any military response to the attacks the next day, and all the Pentagon brass eventually getting medals for conduct as a result of their stand-down. I'm not feeling good about this.

link   
The video was shot by a news chopper. Usually they use a belly mounted camera controlled by the pilot. There is no way its trajectory would (could) have been mistaken by the pilot.

My original theory was this was to take Obama's trip and the Fed's QE2 off the headlines. Right up until I saw a couple of posts here concerning meteorites.

Last night outside Houston I saw something myself. Stepped out to smoke, it was overcast enough that no stars were visible, but there is almost always one satellite or planet visible in the western sky and that was true last night.

Unlike a shooting star, this was bright orange and the trail was non existent save for visible chunks falling away. Those pieces burnt up immediately after falling away. The main body just went 'lights out' at the 10 o'clock position with no sound. It came from a south or southwestern trajectory.

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

Yes, that would be good. It would take the FAA to do so and they might get around to it eventually.

But the FAA has already said that there was nothing unusual on radar and that no pilots reported anything. A missile would be unusual a jet leaving a contrail would not be.

Do you have good programs to zoom in and show a plane?
From looking at the vid it should show up something in zoom..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Here is another video of the contrail. Note that toward the end the contrail becomes short. Rocket trails don't do that.
www.necn.com...
edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Thanks Phage!!!

link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Good stuff guys

Epic fail on the media! there will be an explanation soon on type of aircraft and media blunder.

LOL wow.
What a douchebag! If he comes to ATS I hope we see a banning!

link   
Can LA radar please just give us the aircraft's flight number, point of origin, and destination, so that we can put all this silliness to bed.

Some people just want it to be a "secret" rocket launch so badly they'll believe anything.

Evidence over emotion please.

Now the Phoenix deal, that one is a horse of a different color.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Repeat a lie over and over and even you will begin to believe in it.
This is exactly this thread has turned into.
Yeah, it was an airplane... it was an airplane... (repeat all, clap your hand, we're just having fun) it was an airplane... airplane... airplane...

If you would make any attempt to prove your insistant belief with some factual determinations from the video or other references instead of simply repeating yourself that would make all of us happy...happy...happy.

Otherwise, your posting is a waste of time on a busy enough thread.
I realize I'm wasting time to some extent, but if you can post decent responses that would please us all and make you look more intelligent.

Where are the mods?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage you are struggling on this one. There is no way that was a jet. It was a missile may be not too big and certainly not an ICBM, and it was being observed by what looks like a military helicopter. Why did the TV crew that shot this not mention the chopper?

Can someone tell what those things are in frames 760 to 838. They sure as hell don't look like aircraft to me. There is flame by the way, look at frame 626.

link   
reply to post by freetree64

Curious is all, anyone got any buoy knowledge???

A couple posts have asked for info. on buoys. I found this. Don't know if it will help. This is from an old article, but the information may be helpful.

he National Data Buoy Center reported on their Web site that the weather buoys have gone adrift and may pose a potential explosion hazard to anyone or vessel that might get near it. According to the NDBC, saltwater leaking into the battery compartment causes the batteries to corrode and build up hydrogen gas inside the compartment, which may cause an explosion.

LINKY

Much more info. available...just google. explosive buoys. I'm trying to get through he 46 pages of this thread. Still no great information. This is interesting. Can't wait to hear what the MSM come up with.

link   
First let me say if it is another country, they have not claimed it publicly and also if they were to hit us with said missile, do they truly want retaliation?
Now if the countries are in cahoots and are planning said strategy, this could be a test run to start melee beyond belief. Somebody posted that we lost contact with the 50 nukes, we reattained this contact, did we not? So they can be shut off.
However, I will go with the more logical theory and hopefully the correct scenario, the USA is displaying the prowess of their military to China and possibly at the same time, showing India how our missiles work and from where. So if the Chinese want a war, they still are not ready for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join