It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

You have provided no source saying the Pentagon confirmed it was a missile.

Officials 'Confident' Missile Shot Off Los Angeles Not From Foreign Military

They are calling it a missile but doing so cautiously so as to not alarm people.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

phage bro your trying way to hard here, everyone knows your stance on the issue, be a sport sit back and wait, if your right you get to gloat, if your wrong your making yourself look stupid keeping at it.

Bit harsh. their opinion is worth the same as yours or mine and at this point I'm still not sure what it is unless I believe the weatherman.
Come to think of it, he's probably better qualified than most in the WH..lol

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

With all the sophisticated equipment we have, the Navy, etc. expect us to believe they have no idea what was going on? I for one don't believe that. I think there is a lot more going on then our government is saying.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BillRose

If a nuclear weapon is exploded in a vacuum-i. e., in space-the complexion of weapon effects changes drastically: First, in the absence of an atmosphere, blast disappears completely. Second, thermal radiation, as usually defined, also disappears. There is no longer any air for the blast wave to heat and much higher frequency radiation is emitted from the weapon itself.

source: Nuclear Weapons Effect in Space

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

Yes, I've made my stance quite clear.
I'm responding to questions and asking my own.

edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by thecinic
atleast we do know it was a missile...

Well, that's really the issue.

Just because you "know" something doesn't make it true.

A few voices here have asked again and again, where does the DoD say it was a missile?

The NORAD statement earlier this afternoon merely said "unexplained contrail".

Lemmings, here's your direction. Run hard, Ignore cliff edge. Whe-e-e-e-e-eeee....

link   
reply to post by BillRose

definatley sounds as good as anything else, kudos!.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
They are calling it a missile but doing so cautiously so as to not alarm people.

Note that the news story is calling it a missile but that word is never within the quoted statements from DoD officials. Certainly the reporter ASSUMES it must be a missile, but we know how credible such first-glance guesses turn out to be.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i am unfamiliar with the amouont of computerized technology involved, i for one am of the thought that this is a missile.
Just hypothesising here but could a government/ group of people/ russian teenager hack into the missile computerization launch sequences. Perhaps demanding some sort of ransom, the first one was to show they have control, the second to show they arent playing around. The first one Scotsdale (i am here on vacy saw the trail it was without a doubt not an airplane) happened before nightime wanted to be seen. This one 35 miles out of LA is definatly a look at what i can do move.

is it possible that the US is being threatened with its own weapons? not hypothetically im asking as far as the technology/ hacking abilities out there.

Side note china just surpassed US with fastest/smartest computer.

link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, I've made my stance quite clear.
I'm responding to questions and asking my own

I'd agree with you but I just dont understand why no one in power is saying this..
Are they deliberatly trying to panic people?

link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Gixxer

phage bro your trying way to hard here, everyone knows your stance on the issue, be a sport sit back and wait, if your right you get to gloat, if your wrong your making yourself look stupid keeping at it.

Bit harsh. their opinion is worth the same as yours or mine and at this point I'm still not sure what it is unless I believe the weatherman.
Come to think of it, he's probably better qualified than most in the WH..lol

after rereading, i notice i did come off sounding like a prick, my apologies was unintended, as i do have respect for phage, but i think hes out on a limb with this one

link   
Defense "experts" claim it was a plane. If it was, then why can't the FAA explain what it was. Can somebody explain why nobody has identified yet which particular commercial flight this was, if it was even such a thing? You'd think after 9-11 they would have a handle on any and all aircraft in the skies...yet neither the Pentagon nor the FAA has said what it is as of yet...

www.cnn.com...

The Federal Aviation Administration, the Coast Guard, Navy, Air Force, and California Reps. Dana Rohrabacher and Jane Harman -- whose coastal districts are closest to the offshore contrails -- were at a loss to explain the images.

...wow...really? What if it WAS an aircraft held hostage by terrorists ready to slam into a populated area? You don't know??????

"Sometimes we don't find these things out in a timely manner," he added. "Right now, all indications are that it was not [Department of Defense] involvement."

Then who was involved? Classified testing? Another country? I mean REALLY? They don't know? You don't find these things out in a timely manner? What if it was a nuke? OMG...Nice to see our tax dollars hard at work, I'm sure China loves to read about this sort of stuff...so maybe China can park a Nuclear sub off the coast of the good ol' USA....launch an ICBM and nobody would know what it was??? I feel really safe.

edit on 9-11-2010 by AutOmatIc because: nuke

edit on 9-11-2010 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you keep ignoring facts then your ignorant

Missile confirmed

they are not reporting it as a missile because it is some type of secret training excerise and the payload could of been top secret.

video.foxnews.com...

link   
Wasn't there a story not too long ago about how a jet contrail could look like a missle launch under the right atmospheric conditions.

Trust me, subs don't "accidentally" launch nuclear weapons and you can bet that EVERYONE in the defense department would know about it.

link   
reply to post by windwaker

Im sure it was the U.S but there just not talking,there always saying it wasn't us..Nothing new here.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Okay, I'm shocked that I can't find anyone else with this theory (apologies if I missed it)....

These launches are attempts to destroy an object/meteor/asteroid that is threatening to enter the atmosphere. One that may cause serious damage if not intercepted They keep launching, when they keep missing it, as the proper orbit and acceleration angles come into the right launch window.

It's the only theory that makes sense, other than North Korea showing us that they have a tactical sub armed with missiles that they can park right off the coast and fire at us at will. Because no other country would dare to do that, other than them.

Sorry, I SERIOUSLY doubt terrorists, they wouldn't fire a shot across the bow, those missiles would have impacted a city.

They don't "bluff".

They kill.

link   

Originally posted by Hack28
i am unfamiliar with the amouont of computerized technology involved, i for one am of the thought that this is a missile.
Just hypothesising here but could a government/ group of people/ russian teenager hack into the missile computerization launch sequences. Perhaps demanding some sort of ransom, the first one was to show they have control, the second to show they arent playing around. The first one Scotsdale (i am here on vacy saw the trail it was without a doubt not an airplane) happened before nightime wanted to be seen. This one 35 miles out of LA is definatly a look at what i can do move.

is it possible that the US is being threatened with its own weapons? not hypothetically im asking as far as the technology/ hacking abilities out there.

It is unhackable, at least not from the network. They don't have their system wired to the internet or any kinds of related network. It's all internal.

Not saying an internal hack couldn't be possible...that'd be terrible.

link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

OK!!! Ophi'!!!! I'll bite, out of all of these posters... I will bite....
What are you referring to? Was there a prediction made a while back that some of us are just disregarding?
This is like the 2nd or 3rd time you stated this.... please, educate me

link   
Its not nuclear it was a missile test... Every cruise missile does not carry a nuclear payload

link   

Originally posted by Hack28

I would imagine the US military's most advanced computer technology would not be public knowledge, yes?
How can we know if classified Chinese supercomputers best US classified supercomputers? hmmm..

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join