It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Looks close but seems smaller but I guess that could be perspective.
Its more that most,if not all agencies seem to have ruled out a plane.
You would think they would know and confirm if it was a plane.
Also why no other contrails considering the amount of airtraffic in that area.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
MIND AS WELL GO THERE TRIED NOT TOO
The satellite is still due to enter the Earth's atmosphere on November 8th, 2010. SO THE AGENCY did say on 11/08/10 that our lil encounter would be near and that the media would mind game many....

A THOUGHT MY ATS FRIENDS.

UM JUST SAYEN

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberspy
Has anyone seen the whole unedited video taken from the news helicopter? Up until now they've only shown little snippets. I'd sure would like to see the whole thing from start to finish. I'll bet it would answer a lot of if not all the questions as to what this thing is.

OMG, we know what it is, they are even stating it was a missile launch. There is no debate as to the what, only the who and why. AGAIN: The pentagon has confirmed it was a missile/rocket launch.

link   
bbcneq lates from the bbc Pentagon officials say they cannot explain reports of a missile launch off the coast of California on Monday.it was a missle

link   
Perhaps it's somebody within the administration flexing their muscles to keep Obama from selling us down the river even further? Or a scenario like out of Broken Arrow with John Travolta? I suppose anything is on the table as of yet.

link   
This is the story as covered by the Associated Press as of 4:22 PM EST.
customwire.ap.org...
(I'm new to posting here so apologizes in advance if the link didn't go through.)

link   
Well its one of two things. either a show of strength due to some unknown event surrounding the President or a failed terrorist missile attack .. The next likely serious terrorist attack on the US mainland is presumed to be against a coastal city.. Most likely nuclear related and to be boat or submarine delivered.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I don't think there is any question that we could put a missile into orbit and leave it there for a week before dropping it back down on just about anyone we wanted to drop it on. It wouldn't be any different then any other launch and re-entry scenario, except for the big bang at the "landing site," right?

link   
Say it ain't so....The same guvmint that said "we lost the x-37B" has no clue? They know who, what and why and you and I are not on the "heads up" list.

link   
reply to post by thecinic

You can honestly do some research and see that these missiles are more then capable of orbiting the earth for quite a long time. In fact they actually are able to speed them up using this method.

EDIT: Reread your post, I misunderstood the reply at first.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

link   
Ok, just wondering something, www.dhs.gov...

Is an elevated risk of terrorist attack is usual? Go check the link...

link   
reply to post by backinblack

What agencies have ruled out a plane?

As the video shows...one contrail...in the busy southern California sky.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

Im sorry, but I beat you to it

and here

I was shocked that the UFO theory had not been presented yet

edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TinkererJim

It doesnt look to be climbing to me, to my eye it looks to be travelling level to the ground at a greater altitude than the camera.

Try looking at it from a the perpective that its not climbing at all, its travelling towards the camera at a much greater altitude from over the horizon.

The last few frames show what looks to me to be flashing red and green navigation lights.

I believe the studio editing was purposley done in a manner to suggest this was something more than it was.

The folks responsible for the defense of the continental U.S. are not commenting other than to say it was not a threat because of the possibility of revealing information about various intelligence capabilities.

link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

You have provided no source saying the Pentagon confirmed it was a missile.

link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
With all this talk of subs,chineese or otherwise,I remembered this.

(NyTimes)-
Russian Subs Patrolling Off East Coast of U.S.
By MARK MAZZETTI and THOM SHANKER
Published: August 4, 2009

WASHINGTON — A pair of nuclear-powered Russian attack submarines has been patrolling off the eastern seaboard of the United States in recent days, a rare mission that has raised concerns inside the Pentagon and intelligence agencies about a more assertive stance by the Russian military.

The episode has echoes of the cold war era, when the United States and the Soviet Union regularly parked submarines off each other’s coasts to steal military secrets, track the movements of their underwater fleets — and be poised for war.

www.nytimes.com...

Scary non the less,hopefully this isnt in our near future
The Day After (Attack Segment)

Yeah, and as I said before, Russian lauched rockets over Baffin Sea at least 2 times since 2009 ignoring canada concerns for the debris.

Yesterday breaking news

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I think we have been at yellow for the last 10 years or so. Not sure myself.

link   
reply to post by timepolarity

My theory is on this is that they fired missile on some unidentified flying craft(s) and there was some breach of security issue because of this event. And the US Navy can not comment on this due to the nature of the incident.

link   
Im sticking with the Agency data for now its my speculation and you cant have it

2nd

link   

Originally posted by thecinic
If it was an attack the missile would of hit SOMETHING by now. Had to be a test with a top secret payload
Well the one thing they ARE confirming is it wasn't an attack, but they won't confirm much else about it.

I know that some dummy warheads launched from Vandenberg are aimed at the Kwajalein atoll (aka Marshall Islands), so if it was a US secret missile I wouldn't rule out the possibility it was aimed there. As I understand it, one of the things they may do at the Kwajalein atoll site is to perform ballistic missile interceptor testing:

www.smdc.army.mil...

With RTS's state of the art Mission Control Center and its vast range complex, the RTS sensors provide unparalleled capabilities to optimize ballistic missile & ballistic missile interceptor testing.

So they can just send a missile there and try to see if they can intercept it? Then it's less of a missile test and more of a missile interceptor test which could be classified, maybe they don't want to admit that's what it was?

I wouldn't rule out a plane contrail but it does seem like they could have confirmed that explanation by now if that's what it was.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Arbitrageur because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join