It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
Ok, just wondering something, www.dhs.gov...

Is an elevated risk of terrorist attack is usual? Go check the link...

I think it has been that way since 2001, except for the holidays when they want people to spend money on Chinese-made consumer goods to boost economic numbers.

In my view, this missile launch is part of a classified exercise by the US.
edit on 9-11-2010 by MKULTRA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I just don't see why it would be a UFO. They don't leave contrails...don't they? I mean, no one knows that, but it has never been reported. They used to be ninja stealth...Ahhhh the old days!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Originally posted by Gab1159
Ok, just wondering something, www.dhs.gov...

Is an elevated risk of terrorist attack is usual? Go check the link...

I think it has been that way since 2001, except for the holidays when they want people to spend money on Chinese-made consumer goods to boost economic numbers.

Alright, thanks. I don't visit NORAD's website very often then

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
definitely, that was missile, but too hard to guess what was a cause to launch. hmmm.. idea to demonstrate the power sounds wacky, to test whatever new device looks doubtful too. i got only three sane variants: ADF launch, Just to focus public eyes astray from something & glitch/failure of military systems.

link   
reply to post by Phage

What agencies have ruled out a plane?

As the video shows...one contrail...in the busy southern California sky.

I read the FAA had been asked and you'd think they would know.
Surely they wouldn't be saying they don't know if it was just a commercial jet.
24 hours and no answer? Just opinions??

link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Boomer1941

Im sorry, but I beat you to it

and here

I was shocked that the UFO theory had not been presented yet

edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Well at least that might answer my question to something we may have shot AT to STOP. Ill take that as something at least!

link   
reply to post by Phage

read the bbc again

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Boomer1941

Im sorry, but I beat you to it

and here

I was shocked that the UFO theory had not been presented yet

edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

This thread had taken off so fast I had to skip 2-3 pages while I was replying. Most people in here will just ignore the UFO thing as it doesn't fit their belief system, they're still arguing about whether or not it was a plane or a missle...lol

link   
If I may offer an opinion?
I've skimmed through this thread and have developed my own theory...
This is a simple case of shooting a satellite (or more than one) out of orbit that the US government deems suspicious...
Of these past launches, what has come back down? A fireball and crater I don't remember when, or where. Just watch for more space-junk to fall to the Earth.
Fox is parading this. If one is focusing on Fox, they are allowing them self to be duped, IMHO.
Shame on you for watching Fox news.

link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
You guys, trust me, if this was something huge or exploitable, then we would be on full on red alert. It was probably a test, and the military doesn't have to speak or inform the lower commanders anything. Its best not to worry about this too much, IMO.

With the president out of the country? I don't think so. They'll wait for him to be back...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfATS
Just another thought...

Strange Booming Noises heard in Florida ATS

Loud Booming noises in North Carolina ATS

So what if a country or group is launching ICBM's to US and we are attacking the incoming missles with top secret patriot type missles? You got loud noises in Florida and NC.. Missle launches going off in AZ and CA and am I dreaming or was someone saying a missle launch in Key West, FL? Bright light meteors going off in Canada???

Or perhaps it is the US showing the other countries a new technology that protects us from ICBM's? It is just amazing that all this is happening! Not good stuff

Thinking in the box......Can I add the fireball over US Canadian airspace to your list?
Thinking out the box and predicting absolutly nothing....I think its strange that these incidents are being
followed by a swarm of threads appearing about " Project Blue Beam", some from posters who have no knowledge at all, not even basic research about the subject. There have been times the last few days where " Seed Planting" comes to mind.

respects
edit on 9-11-2010 by captiva because: Grammer,

link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

AGAIN: The pentagon has confirmed it was a missile/rocket launch.

Where? Post a link.

link   

Originally posted by Phage

Looks like a jet contrail to me. A missile gets going quite a bit faster than that.

Depends entirely on distance from the launch and the size of the rocket/missile... Look how long it takes the shuttle to "get going"

Interesting times indeed. Lots of strange little distractions going on these days... Keep your eyes on the skies... Maybe you'll miss what is actually about to happen.

link   
maybe obama took his family on a special made airplane and shot them self out to space knowing that niburu will kill us all.

thought i share.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
No panic it was a plane!!! Visit beforeitsnews.com

Case closed.

Solved ! Missile launch over Southern California explained

November 9th, 2010

A trail lit up the western skies across Southern California on Monday evening and many speculate a missile was launched from behind Catalina Island. However, Southern California's top meteorologist Kevin Martin from the Southern California Weather Authority states it was nothing but a contrail from an airliner.

"We see this often when the flights come at the right time, however some people are just out to witness it at the right time", says Martin. "We had strong winds up there as well as really cold temperatures from a passing storm system. This also had an area of upper level moisture at 250 to 200mb, where airliners fly".

Martin described the event as too slow for a missile launch.

______beforeitsnews/story/256/947/Solved_Missile_launch_over_Southern_California_explained.html
edit on 9-11-2010 by zorgon because: because Phage told me too

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Seems simple enough...

The US military says, "It's not a threat" but then also says it doesn't know what it was.
So, it's a covert launch that they can't reveal, but had the misfortune of having it get caught on a news camera...

OOPS!

At least the fact that we're still here rules out the start of nuclear war...so we're cool there.

My thinking is they are sending up spy sats using sub-launched ICBMs maybe? (and just got caught doing so)...

Ordinarily, I'd be on the side of a jet contrail seen from a strange angle, but the military's own admission seems to rule this out in this case, as does the footage.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981

Originally posted by timepolarity.

Thoughts?

Jack Bauer will sort it out, dont worry

LOL

However, in my defense, the play-by-play of 9/11 may have sounded like a Tom Clancy novel 11 years ago. Shows like 24 were a response to these sorts of spectacular events occurring in the real world - only romanticized a bit by Hollywood.

When you give individuals tremendous computing power and network everything (even your big power plants and weapons), stuff happens. Remember the virus that infected nuclear power plants earlier this year? Wild, scary stuff. In a very real way, terrorism is only possible because of technology - there's only so much terror you can inflict with your fists or a big stick - and we're only getting started with truly powerful technology. So, just because something specifically like this hasn't happened (though there have been numerous cases of DoD hacking), it doesn't mean it won't happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The mysterious California missile launch that wasn't.

- from smartplanet (by John Herrman, a Gizmodo writer - Gizmodo Link).

The idea that it’s a missile launch comes from three misconceptions.

Firstly that the trail is vertical – it’s not, it’s a horizontal trail, at around 32,000 feet (about six miles)…

Secondly there’s the misconception of direction, that it’s flying away from the viewer, when it’s actually flying towards the viewer. This is because the “base” of the contrail seems wider than the tip. Perspective tells the brain that this mean the base is closer. But actually you can see the base has been greatly spread by the wind…

Thirdly there’s the idea that it goes all the way down to the ground. Now that might be true if the Earth was flat, but the Earth is round, and things go beneath the horizon eventually, no matter how high they are. A plane 200 miles away but five miles up is always below the horizon.

link   
reply to post by backinblack

"The FAA ran radar replays of a large area west of Los Angeles based on media reports of the possible missile launch at approximately 5 p.m. (PT) on Monday. The radar replays did not reveal any fast moving, unidentified targets in that area," said FAA spokesman Ian Gregor. "The FAA did not receive reports ... of unusual sightings from pilots who were flying in the area on Monday afternoon.

"The FAA did not approve any commercial space launches around the area Monday," he added.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Phage
This isn't the first time this sort of thing has occurred.
December 31, 2009:

Mystery deepens with video of ‘launch’ off O.C.

sciencedude.ocregister.com...

Another one, in Key West, talked about here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like a jet contrail to me. A missile gets going quite a bit faster than that.

lol what kind of airplane takes of vertically like that?

The only airplane that does that is the VTOL and it doesnt leave a contrail while lifting off.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join