It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

An airplane did not take off 20 miles from Catalina.
An airplane flew across the Pacific and appeared over the horizon.
It's called perspective.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkRift

Also the extreme angle to which the plane would be moving. This seems a little too extreme to me.
Every agency is playing pass the buck.
Deny deny deny.
Even the radar tracks show no object in that location. As reported by the news.

Staying tuned until more info comes out.
Even then it could be questionable as to if it's the truth or not.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
It looks like a plane to me. I find it bizarre that anybody would think otherwise. I have seen lots of contrails at sunset that look like that.

Are you wearing a black suit and shades at the moment? Are you sure it's not Venus or swamp gas, the suits around this way must have read another memo, cos we got swamp gas from Venus - we all gotta be reading from the same song sheet on this sorta thing bruv,.

That plane is shifting man lol, I mean seriously the camera is quite a distance away and you can see that 'plane' moving at one heck of a pace - dude it's a missile of some sort, no 2 ways about it, if it was a contrail from a plane don't you think the Pentagon news office would be spending all their efforts today making a whole lotta news reads look very very stupid?
edit on 9/11/2010 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

link   
Maybe the TPTB are going to say it is a airplane now but thats ALOT of story retracting

link   
reply to post by kronnikx

Originally posted by ProfATS So what if a country or group is launching ICBM's to US and we are attacking the incoming missles with top secret patriot type missles? You got loud noises in Florida and NC.. Missle launches going off in AZ and CA and am I dreaming or was someone saying a missle launch in Key West, FL? Bright light meteors going off in Canada??? Or perhaps it is the US showing the other countries a new technology that protects us from ICBM's? It is just amazing that all this is happening! Not good stuff

Your response The noises in NC were meteorites hitting the atmosphere.. I'm positive because I've seen 2 of them the past 3 days.. Friday night I saw a huge one but it seems no one else saw the lights only heard the booms.

You are stating that you actually saw a Meteorite enter the Atmosphere? You say that nobody else has seen it? There are no reports of the light in the sky but reports of the noises? Can you tell us in detail what you saw.. Very interesting
edit on 9-11-2010 by ProfATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Strangely enough i didnt see the missle or the trail it left but last night around 8 or 9 or something (in los angeles) me and some friends saw something bright falling from the sky south of los angeles moving almost directly downwards towards east from the west, looking almost like a shooting star but it traveled from having to look directly up to see to it, to a point where if you were looking straight you would have seen it, (had a longer path then the shooting stars im used to seeing) and near the end of its path it disbursed like a nice medium sized skyrocket that blows up into small pieces. (i was like "trip out, cool")

i shouldnt try relating the too im too much of an ignorant to do soo but yeah its probably just a comet skidding off our atmosphere or something

thought i should share this idk

link   
reply to post by DOcean

you do realize that it wasnt some person it was a new chopper, i doubt the pilot (probably experienced at noting contrails) thought "hey heres and airplane this will break my news making career" and then it would continue to stump most every major facet inside the US. Why dont these people know that a contrail plays optical illusions, im sure they are aware, im sure they know, they dont want us to know.

link   
Why would people not see more of these jets then from the ocean being sent off with such a high contrail???

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
From breakingnews.com

'Update on mystery plume over Calif.: Defense official tells NBC most likely cause was an air
plane, not a missile!
5mins ago

AND

FAA says nothing unusual on radar or in pilot reports at time of reported "missile” sighting – NBC News
47mins ago

link   
My prediction:
United States is showing China a hint of our capability. Why? As I said within a few threads, the trip to India was for establishing nuclear power facilities.

Welcome to the start of a whole new Cold War.

-----------
United States, Israel & India

-versus-

Russia, China, & Iran.
-----------

Everything is lining up exactly the way I predicted when I first arrived to ATS.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by crashbehr
If this was a contrail then why the long wait to just come out and say it. Like other people have said the faa should have been able to just say oh AA-654 was in that area and that is what caused it. But no everyone just keeps saying we don't know what it is yet.

Crash

Because it will be the military controlling the investigation. The final verdict will come from the military and they will be collating all the data from civilian agencies. It will take time. The military observing the video are no different from any other observer. It looks like a missile launch and obviously NORAD have no indication of a physical launch so it remains a mystery. A mystery that will take time to unravel and obviously they will be trying to tie up ATC radar data to confirm the aircraft in question.

TJ

link   
reply to post by Phage

VIDEO demonstrates that this is likely a multistage rocket
At :46 you see what reasonable people could conclude is a rocket stage separation. See youtube www.youtube.com... [youtube.com] If this were the US space shuttle at that moment it would be at an altitude of 29 miles. So we might also conclude that the actual time of the launch was 2 minutes five seconds earlier for a launch time of x. Now find x. Since we know where the heli was and likely where the UFO was, 29 miles we can figure an estimated launch location. Someone find out the precise flight path, elevation, heading and direction of camera and we will have a precise calculation. In the alternative, rule out Catlina Islands/San Nicolas Islands USAF base by running the numbers to predict if a launch from their would have that visual trajectory and approximate location. Do that and you would prove USAF spokesmen to be liars in this case.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberspy

Originally posted by thecinic
Why would a AIRPLANE be taking off 20 miles from catalina island in the middle of the ocean????

Its not taking off. Its in level flight heading towards the camera. That's why it looks like its going up.

OK, say it is a commercial plane.
What flightpath comes into the East Coast ?
I can't think of a destination to the East of Cali that it could have originated from but I dont know much about the US.
I'm sure someone has flightpaths though..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

People do see them.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Some one is getting played this is very frustrating so first it's a plane then a missile then now a plane again?? Why couldn't they say it was a jet in the first place..

link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's called perspective.

the horizon is 35 miles off the coast

how can they identify the starting point (sorry question mark button wont work)

link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's called perspective.

Look, it's all over the news. If it was a plane, we would know it by now. The radar didn't show anything, and no one knows what it is (supposedly).

So tell me, with all the measures to protect US air space since 9/11, how could a plane creating so much confusion NOT be identified by now.

Stop it now!

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I really appreciate your posts throughout this thread. You indicated earlier that you were sorry for "posts without substance"...... I disagree. You've told us -- from a credible source -- what we need to know, and we are not on a "need-to-know" basis.

What have we learned? This is a known event. That gives me comfort. I would be FAR more concerned if all the resources that ATS brings to bear indicated that nobody knew what this event was. That your source knows and is unconcerned -- even a tad 'jovial' about the drama surrounding this -- that is very comforting.

Thank you for taking the time to pursue this, and dig up what you could. We're not heading for the cave just yet.
Much respect GEL.

link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by SeanU
NOTAM for LA.

KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 – THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE – FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010

What does this mean? Did they close the airspace after the launch? What is W537? What are non-participating pilots?

Notice the Date and Time.
8pm PST (I'm guessing) on 9th November is right.... NOW as I write this... not Monday.
Good catch on the NOTAM, just wouldn't really help if it were in the interests of safety to close the range the next day...

Edit: Didn't realize NOTAMS were in GMT (PST+8 hrs). That'd make it start on NOON on Nov 9th. Still well after the event, but in the interests of accuracy...

edit on 9-11-2010 by gladewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was reporting not what i thought what the MSM was saying...

video.foxnews.com...

then i added maybe it was just a test

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join