It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wait for it, wait for it...

The official reply will be:

"Weather balloon" or "Swamp Gas"!

So saith the great prognosticator Carnac.

link   
reply to post by Moose318

Wow. Good catch. I have watched this vid a dozen times and missed that. It is at 46 seconds into the video and it is indeed a green flash paired with the orange glow which is still there concurrent with the green flash.

Not sure if this means anything, but here is what Wikipedia says about a green flash blogs.nasa.gov...: "Green flashes and green rays are optical phenomena that occur shortly after sunset or before sunrise, when a green spot is visible, usually for no more than a second or two, above the sun, or a green ray shoots up from the sunset point. Green flashes are actually a group of phenomena stemming from different causes, and some are more common than others. Green flashes can be observed from any altitude (even from an aircraft). They are usually seen at an unobstructed horizon, such as over the ocean, but are possible over cloud-tops and mountain-tops as well."

link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Oh for petes sakes...IF it was an aircraft with lights red/green like you say, it would be flashing all the way up, or just more than once....It looks like to me a controlled detonation of some sort. Or a booster stage kicking in.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

link   

Quite vertical the trajectory...what kind of small/commercial jet plane can climb at that angle?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I agree with you, however the Nazi's weren't launching ICBMs. Our launch over the Atlantic during the Cold War was an ICBM. Which is a lot different from a V2 rocket.

Anyway, your point stands ... we did it a long time ago.

And no, you don't launch an ICBM, V2 or Patriot missel off your own coast as a show of force, or to rattle your saber. Maybe it was a show. But, not of force.

I tend to think India has some plans of Space Exploration or some sort of Disclosure (not of the extraterrestrial kind) that the U.S. would rather the world not know. I have an idea it has more to do with the Moon and it's resources than with any sort of UFO phenomenon. Maybe a revelation that a US Black Budget Space Program that has been Conducting Mission to the Moon and Mars for the past few decades ... and that India plans to do the same ... only publicly.

Purely speculation. No facts or data to back up that theory.
edit on 9-11-2010 by tyranny22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Will Rogers quotation:

"It ain't what you don't know
what makes people think you're a fool,
it's what you DO know, what ain't so."

Try: contrailscience.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its the golden knights on steroids!!

link   
reply to post by darkest4

ummm... with obama in china and india at this time ..so you think these launches are to get us looking at the sky in fear and confusion ..so that people don't see him devalueing the american dollar?

link   
WE should know by the end of the day fox news is all over this. IT is in fact a missile/ video.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
If it was an attack the missile would of hit SOMETHING by now. Had to be a test with a top secret payload

That really is not true any more like it was years ago. We have systems that can leave the atmosphere and orbit the earth then renter to hit the target.

link   
reply to post by fraterormus

No panic it was a plane!!! Visit beforeitsnews.com

Case closed.

link   
reply to post by windwaker

I do concur with you, something is definitely strange about this one ... There is really no reason to show ASIA, of all continents, the might of the U.S. Military... We have all ready seen "Shock & Awe" once... But to insinuate that it possibly came from a submarine... that is the part that caught my attention... And another thing... What the hell do you mean "No threat to National Security" ??? HUH!?!? If the military did not fire this MISSILE... someone did!!!! WTH... W-T-H-??????

When does the Man (Obama) come home... tomorrow or tonight? And what do you think will come of this? Heads would surely have to roll because of this one...

Anyways... when I first heard this report, it kind of reminded me of N. Korea Shenanigans... But I dread the thought of some splinter cell type of group, in CA, that has Missile capability... oy vey!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yeeeeeesss.....launches to the east do get a "boost" in initial velocity, most added speed is at lower latitudes, closest to Equator. But, Earth's spin speed there is only about 1,000 MPH.

Exactly. That means that a westward launch at the equator not only loses the 1,000 MPH it'd gain by going east instead, but it has to also add another 1,000 MPH to make up for traveling against the earth's rotation. Thus, an additional 2K MPH is required to achieve orbital injection.

Still, some payloads ARE launched form the West Coast, into orbit. Mostly Polar orbits, from that location, as the inclination of the orbit gives it a path out over the Pacific on ascent, and no danger to anyone/thing on land.

I suppose it's possible it was headed for polar orbit, but that was an awfully-westward vector for that purpose.

A true shame about the shuttle. They could've built something 100 times better by now, but... I guess killing innocent people in impoverished countries is more important to their agenda than progress of any sort. Boy, don't get me started.
edit on 11/9/2010 by Thought Provoker because: Removed a needless edit. I blame fluoride.

link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

Originally posted by thecinic
If it was an attack the missile would of hit SOMETHING by now. Had to be a test with a top secret payload

That really is not true any more like it was years ago. We have systems that can leave the atmosphere and orbit the earth then renter to hit the target.

for 18 19 hours now dont think so. im sure they have that tech but there is no missile flying around still

edit on 9-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by timepolarity

Thoughts?

Plausible and very scary to think think about.

link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Looks like the glow from a booster rocket to me 45 seconds into that video.

That could be the sun reflecting of the bottom of an airplane. I live in NYC.There are three major airports around me. Newark, Laguardia and JFK. When the sun is low on or just below the horizon. Distant planes coming from near the direction of the sun often seem to light up like that. I've seen it literally hundreds of time.

link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Lol I have even seen some claim that it was a METEIOR. Kinda going the wrong way for that though

Now I know I'm not the only one that heard about that, thank you!

Although, analyzing the situation though, I could foresee an explanation like this coming forward from the same exact nation that expects its people to believe that, "Weather balloons are a serious matter of national security, and we might be under a surprise weather balloon attack of unknown origin".
edit on 9-11-2010 by QuantumDeath because: correction

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Something just rung a bell for me. There was an article a while back about a new missile launch system being built by a Russian company and sold to anyone that can afford it. It's called the Club K Missile system. It's hidden in a cargo container and could be launched from a truck, train or ship.

www.wsbtv.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just another thought...

Strange Booming Noises heard in Florida ATS

Loud Booming noises in North Carolina ATS

So what if a country or group is launching ICBM's to US and we are attacking the incoming missles with top secret patriot type missles? You got loud noises in Florida and NC.. Missle launches going off in AZ and CA and am I dreaming or was someone saying a missle launch in Key West, FL? Bright light meteors going off in Canada???

Or perhaps it is the US showing the other countries a new technology that protects us from ICBM's? It is just amazing that all this is happening! Not good stuff

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by timepolarity
I've already posted this idea a few pages back, but I thought I'd flesh it out a little bit more:

Facts:
- About 2 weeks ago, the U.S. military lost contact with 50 nuclear missles for nearly an hour.
- A few days ago something that looked like a missle launch could be seen in the skies above Phoenix.
- Yesterday another missle launch was observed off the coast of CA.
- The official response to the supposed missle launch off of CA has been mostly silence, with a few conflicting reports from various sources.
- Obama hastened his return home today from his trip to Asia.

Theory:
- Some group gained control of these 50 missles and has since launched 2 of them - either intentionally disabling them after launch, allowing the U.S. to do so, or not anticipating this capability would be available to the U.S. military.
- These launches are either attempts at using the nukes or demonstrations of their capability meant to threaten the government.
- The military was initially unaware of the extent of this breach until recently, at which time the severity of the crisis required Obama to get airborne and/or return home.

Thoughts?

Jack Bauer will sort it out, dont worry

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join