It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The host currently on Fox News says for people who live on the west coast to keep there eyes in the skies, try and get some pictures if they see anything more, because "they are just like deer, they are everywhere".

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Pentagon says they are stumped, not sure what it was. The USA is telling us that an apparent intercontinental missle that launched off the west coast of California is a mystery. This is too much. What is everyone doing sleeping at the switch. The most information resourced country in the world and they are scratching their heads. I just have to say it, we are all pretty much s@*% out of luck.

link   

Originally posted by thecinic
It is a testing they just talked about it on alex jones show.... It is a military testing nothing more then that people.

What so Sir Jones is getting the real, the hot scoop before anyone? Really? Hes an inside job, works for the "guys".

Sources here are saying no one has of yet come forward with an offical story.

link   

Originally posted by Zesko Whirligan
reply to post by windwaker

This is the bit that tickles me...

"At this point, until we know more information about what it may have been, there is not alarm," Lapan said. "But that could change depending on what we find out."

Now... An 80-year-old grandmother can fart in a security checkpoint and shut down an entire airport. A first-grade kid can bring a butterknife to school by accident and lockdown the whole campus.

But a mysterious "big missile" launched without warning off the California coast is no reason to raise the alarm, right?

You tell ME what's wrong with this country.

— Zesko Whirligan

So sad and funny at the same time.

Quote of the thread!

link   
The discombobulation/obfuscation machine is running at full power. The MSM is saying it's like 5 different things now.

When the MSM/Government starts spitting out conflicting information, that's the proof you need to know there is a cover story being laid out.

We saw it with the sinking of the South Korean submarine a while back. Remember, it was an accident, a flock of birds, a mine, a torpedo, etc.

This is the same thing: It's a missile, it's a nothing, it's a plane, it's an accident, it's a....cover up.
edit on 9-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
WOW Fox news is really tearing a new one with this they just said all tptb are saying nothing to see here, haha watch the video and earlier he said for the superpower we are and we dont know what the HELL this is that is comforting...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So, the UNTHINKABLE has happened.
Someone has fired a STEALTH missile in front of the NORAD, FART and CORASON noses and they didn't see it, but TV reporters crew caught it on their cameras and the whole world can now see where America stands right now

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Apparently if it was a missle the trail should be getting bigger as it gets higher and not getting smaller as can be seen in the video.

That is why it is a plane.

link   
Where is that area off SoCal where they see USOs coming and going on a regualr basis?

link   
At worse, it is a threat from an enemy country. At best, our Government is totally brain dead. I feel very safe now...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To me this would make sense....

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

Another country maybe figured out how to get control of our missles and launch them?

link   
On the live chat with Jonathan Hunt on FoxNews.com he said all the Military people they talked to confirmed it was a missile and a big one, possibly a Cruise missile.

Interesting for sure.

link   

At this point, the military is working only with video taken from the local news camera, and NORAD and Northcom apparently were not able to detect the contrail on their own.

It appears from the video, Lapan said, the object was launched from the water and not U.S. soil, though at this point there is no way to be certain.

Fox News

Just thought I would adt this update from fox news, this is getting wierd.

link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I suggest all PR people representing the military, pentagon, etc be FIRED

All they needed to say was: We know what this is - it is classified and we can not release the information.

yes
they are lying
star 4 u

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

You asked, in response to that NOTAM:

What is W537? What are non-participating pilots?

"W537" refer to airspace known as a "Warning Area". These are activated by NOTAM (as per that example) are are usually for military purposes.

I looked up W-537 because it sounded familiar. It is a wide swath that extends west/southwest out to sea, off the coast of California, about where Ventura and Point Mugu are located. Also, Vandenberg AFB is just north and west of Ventura, up the coast a bit.

Go to www.skyvector.com...

Upper left corner, type in KLAX. Click "go".

Then, after the VFR chart for the Los Angeles area loads, look at the WAC chart (tab is labeled "CG-18 WAC").
That is the large-scale World Aeronautical Chart for VFR flight planning and navigation. (Sectional charts have same, info, but finer scale for more detail). They both have legends on the end panels, you can read there and learn a lot about the symbols, and what they signify.

Also on that site, click on "Enroute H-4" for the IFR High chart. Less cluttered. Less detail, in terms of geographic locations, though.

I note that because of the intersection, out in W-537...it's the "DINTY" intersection. That's why W-537 rang a bell with me.

Long-haul Pacific Ocean flights that "coast out" around the LA area navigate over those various intersections, as "anchors" to the Oceanic route systems further west...and the "D" route ...R-576...(we sometimes call them by the letter, as all intersections on the route share the same first letter) is only one of parallel (and heavily travelled) routes from the Mainland to Hawai'i. You can see, nearby and alongside, the "E" (R-577) and "F" (R-578), etc. Similar routes, different letters (A, B, C...) anchor off the coast near San Francisco, to Hawai'i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and "non-participating" means civilians without a Top Secret clearance or need-to-know...

edit on 9 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker
[more
how do we know who or why? ... ask yourselves
i remember the america i grew up in .. when a missle was launched and it wasn't us who launched it
an alarm would sound warning the people ..i have heard nothing from the people i have spoken with online about a warning of any kind
and why wasn't the information released?
if there was a large plane seen before the launch ..why wasn't it reported that the pacific ocean was clear of danger from any military threat also .... why can't anyone tell us what the large plane was...does the pentagon and or ..NORAD ..not know this either?
when i lived in SC ...a disaster alarm would sound in a tornado threat situation ..and the siren would go right through you .. ..automatic response you immedietly become aware of everything around you and your mind becomes clear ..to do the right thing to protect yourself .. hmmm ..you know ..i don't think a warming was sounded on 911 either ..yet there were military choppers flying around 20 minutes before the attack
perhaps they don't want us to be aware or clearly thinking in a situation like this ..it might just cause the people to rise up and fight for their lives
...............................................................................X

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

So far:
1) The government has not said anything.
2) The military has said it was not a missile launch.
3) A TV news team has said it was a missile. And a bunch of other newsies have jumped on it.
4) Some have said it was a jet.

link   

Originally posted by nuke_c
On the live chat with Jonathan Hunt on FoxNews.com he said all the Military people they talked to confirmed it was a missile and a big one, possibly a Cruise missile.

Interesting for sure.

Cruise missile won't leave such trail.
It has to be a stealth missile, since it was not caught on radars. That's why they are confused.

link   

Originally posted by nuke_c

Interesting for sure.

Cruise missile won't leave such trail.
It has to be a stealth missile, since it was not caught on radars. That's why they are confused.

link   
China has at least 2 nuclear powered ballistic missile subs and.............since they are the worlds largest holder of US debt they are outraged at the Fed Reserve's decision to devalue the dollar through the so called QE2. Just sayin

www.sinodefence.com...

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join