It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
After reading this entire thread, I think an ATS member already nailed it on the head (it was maybe 6 pages back).

Obama is visiting Asian nations, the US makes a ton of money from weapons sales, so we did a little dog and pony show for the new buyer of a US-made ICBM. It was done in the daylight so the buyer could witness it "live" from a video screen in their host country, with that secondary airplane/helicopter off in the distance filming it for the buyer. To prove the missile launch was real it was done near the Cali coast for witnesses to report it but they didn't count on quality footage from MSM chopper in the area.

That also explains why the military has no answer for it - because it was done for an arms contract/sale, and probably only a few higher ups knew it about... they told others not to scramble the jets, but it didn't trickle down to their PR people.

I see no doom & gloom here, just the business of selling weapons. Plus, do you really think we can show India our lovely ICBMs from their soil/ocean front... NO WAY. Pakistan would declare war while simultaneously gathering every bit of intel about that rocket.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"Gerri, You dont know anything about the missle do you,

No,
Us either"

ROFL that was classic

link   
Harry Tuttle, i wanted to say from the other thread, that I agree and it is not even being mentioned that we have had 3 missiles fired off in the past days that are not being claimed. LA, La, Az...

I hope its not some show of power from several sources or countries, is this why Obama and everyone fled? Will it get worse?

I am just as concerned about all the holes opening up too, is this some form of HAARP technology? I know I am out there on all of this and it is probably not even connected.

link   

Originally posted by windwaker
I'm going to take the advice of some of the posters here at ATS and start stocking up on canned goods. That's all I can do right now.

Of what use will your canned goods be when a Nuke lands in your back yard?
Look at New Orleans.. all that stockpile was under water

Just asking

What you need is a 3 day bug out kit

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

well said

link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Oh, come on now!!!?

this is a warning shot across the bow
from the Chinese.

You honestly think that the Chinese could sneak a submarine up as close as ~35 miles off the coast, and the U.S. wouldn't know about it???

Also, do you realize how stupidly provocative such a thing would be?? (Allowing for the incorrect assumption that a sub DID "sneak" in undeteced....) The Chinese aren't that reckless....

link   
Coming onto CNN right now, for those who are following it on TV.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Source, well one of them anyways lol.

Doh! Wrong accidental missile launch lol.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

link   
DELETED wrong date sorry

edit on 9-11-2010 by quest4info because: sorry link that lead me here was dated nov.09

link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes phage seems like a good summary ......selective but good

So far:
1) The government has not said anything.
2) The military has said it was not a missile launch.
3) A TV news team has said it was a missile. And a bunch of other newsies have jumped on it.
4) Some have said it was a jet.

1) they said they don't know
2) the navy said it wasn't them
3) nyes nesw says it's a missle
4) some... mostly you say it's a plane

In a couple of days now we've had 2 different Mods SO and GEL tell us 1st hand info and you continue to disregard it as nothing... I find that quite bleek

If you insist to call it a contrail PLEASE show us video with the same characteristics... i'd love to believe

pass the Phage pipe... it's my turn!

link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Or maybe you have it backward and the US is preparing for any type of Chinese retaliation by shooting of missiles?
Whatever it is, I don't like it.

link   

Missile Shot Off Los Angeles Still a Mystery for Pentagon Officials

Lapan said the military doesn't know exactly what the so-called mystery missile was so can't say it's harmless.

They are now saying it was a missle.

Fox states military says it was a missle.

link   

Originally posted by ProfATS
To me this would make sense....

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

Another country maybe figured out how to get control of our missles and launch them?

Julian Assange?
edit on 023030p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by zorgon

Shown in your 3rd photo is a clear look at a booster, none of the airplane comtrails you posted demonstrate this, and they are not in real time, just left over comtrails.
Again, sources at the Pentagon confirmed it was a missle, so you guys can stop debunking this now, nice try though.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Statement from NORAD -

"NORAD and USNORTHCOM are aware of the unexplained contrail reported off the coast of Southern California yesterday evening. At this time, we are unable to provide specific details, but we are working to determine the exact nature of this event. We can confirm that there is no threat to our nation, and from all indications this was not a launch by a foreign military. We will provide more information as it becomes available."

Source

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by harrytuttle

So far:
1) The government has not said anything.
2) The military has said it was not a missile launch.
3) A TV news team has said it was a missile. And a bunch of other newsies have jumped on it.
4) Some have said it was a jet.

i have not seen a military branch say "it was not a missle launch" i have heard them say they didn't do it, but not that it wasnt a missle.

i would bet money that over that naval base is a no fly zone for commercial aircraft, so why would a jet liner be there? also if it had been a plane it could have been called a plane right off the bat, as we do keep track of all aircraft via radar.

also there is a aircraft in the sky in that video that the "missle" comes darn close too, altho no trail is made by that aircraft , nor would 2 aircraft be so close together, back to the radar thing.

also in the video the first words out of the reporters mouth is that the light could easily be seen from LA,.

link   
Im sure it was NOT chine they would not be able to get THAT close to california to let off a cruise missile.. If they wanted to let off a missile china could do it from way further out... They wouldn't need to be tthat close to cali.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

For the third forth time:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

i had to laugh at this
no offense

but if this was an arms sale
sales pitch it damn surely