It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just heard on Fox Obama has cut his trip short, due to volcano ash. Hmmmm
Volcano or missle launch? Anyone else hear anything about this?
The volcano has been spitting ash even before he reached Indonesia, so why leave now?

link   
reply to post by Jason88

Good one.

Keeping in mind that a NOTAM was issued, leads me to think it was NOT some "foreign power" involved.

In response to an earlier question, by another member, I posted...but it got buried under this landslide of a thread...

So, here's a snippet from two pages back...(or is it three by now??):

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Daughter2

You asked, in response to that NOTAM:

What is W537? What are non-participating pilots?

"W537" refer to airspace known as a "Warning Area". These are activated by NOTAM (as per that example) are are usually for military purposes.

I looked up W-537 because it sounded familiar. It is a wide swath that extends west/southwest out to sea, off the coast of California, about where Ventura and Point Mugu are located. Also, Vandenberg AFB is just north and west of Ventura, up the coast a bit.

Go to www.skyvector.com...

Upper left corner, type in KLAX. Click "go".

Then, after the VFR chart for the Los Angeles area loads, look at the WAC chart (tab is labeled "CG-18 WAC").
That is the large-scale World Aeronautical Chart for VFR flight planning and navigation. (Sectional charts have same, info, but finer scale for more detail). They both have legends on the end panels, you can read there and learn a lot about the symbols, and what they signify.

Also on that site, click on "Enroute H-4" for the IFR High chart. Less cluttered. Less detail, in terms of geographic locations, though.

You can see all those islands, out west and slightly south, off hte California coast.

They are off-limits to unauthorized personnel. Verbotten.

They only let us have Catalina (and even THAT has sections cordoned off....)
edit on 9 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Jason88

I see no doom & gloom here, just the business of selling weapons. Plus, do you really think we can show India our lovely ICBMs from their soil/ocean front... NO WAY. Pakistan would declare war while simultaneously gathering every bit of intel about that rocket.

Ha! Surely you're joking, right? No gloom & doom, just selling ICBMs like any regular Blue-light special! BTW If you're joking I won't call you Shirley anymore...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Phage

A Pentagon source confirmed it was a missle.
Really Phage let it go, it's ok if your wrong sometimes.

Hay someones just got to play the role.

link   

You honestly think that the Chinese could sneak a submarine up as close as ~35 miles off the coast, and the U.S. wouldn't know about it???

www.cbsnews.com...

A Chinese submarine came close to the USS Kitty Hawk carrier group in the Pacific Ocean last month, a top U.S. naval commander confirmed Tuesday, adding the encounter could have triggered an "unforeseen" incident.

Just sayin'...

link   
What is going on here:? Another false flag unexplained?
Is this correct by any of you?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That wasn't a missile it was Dick Cheney taking off in his escape pod!!!!!

Really though quite the interesting day again here in the USA

link   
the payload in the missile could of been top secret thats why the guys in the pentagon don't know

link   

Originally posted by ommadawn
Statement from NORAD -

"NORAD and USNORTHCOM are aware of the unexplained contrail reported off the coast of Southern California yesterday evening. At this time, we are unable to provide specific details, but we are working to determine the exact nature of this event. We can confirm that there is no threat to our nation, and from all indications this was not a launch by a foreign military. We will provide more information as it becomes available."

Source

what a total waste of time

they are ruling out a foreign missile

but yet they don't know what it was???

lmao, what a contradiction

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Obama is visiting Asian nations, the US makes a ton of money from weapons sales, so we did a little dog and pony show for the new buyer of a US-made ICBM. It was done in the daylight so the buyer could witness it "live" from a video screen in their host country, with that secondary airplane/helicopter off in the distance filming it for the buyer. To prove the missile launch was real it was done near the Cali coast for witnesses to report it but they didn't count on quality footage from MSM chopper in the area.

So these buyers couldn't have watched a rocket launch from say Vandenberg?
We have to have 'secret' launches to let the world know we are armed to the teeth with rockets of all shapes and sizes and have maybe 100 plus launch sites we can launch from? Like Kodiak Island Launch Complex, Kwajalien Atoll, Kauai Test Facility (KTF),Pacific Missile Range Facility, Wallops Flight Facility, and many more?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is no missile. It's a rocket carrying something into orbit.

As Phage said, missiles are up and gone in the blink of an eye but a large rocket carrying something into orbit would be visible for much longer. This footage reminds me of a space shuttle launch. Those aren't contrails, they're smoke trails from a rocket engine.

So just what the hell are they firing up?

link   
Pentagon will be trying to push this event behind the curtain. They don't want to look fools. Soon the official explanation will be that this was some big accident. But that is not good since it's hit to the face. Maybe they stick in meteorologist chemtrail-story.

Behind the curtain could be something really nasty political game.
Target: To gain advantage about something very important in international politics or inside nation.
Action: Some submarine, some big country with plan to setup US-based intercontinental missile launch.

Worst-case-scenario is casus belli but this is not it, yet.

link   

Originally posted by quest4info
Official says large explosion hits Pakistan tribal area bordering Afghanistan, kills several

www.foxnews.com...

US showing India their range? Could a missile from CA reach Pakistan?

from the link you posted

Published July 09, 2010| Associated Press

not connected unless it went back in time

link   
www.foxnews.com...

WASHINGTON — A U.S. Patriot missile was accidentally fired from a military base in Qatar, hitting a nearby farm, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

The hell? how do you accidently fire a patriot missle?!?! Oops my bad, spilled some coffee on the controls?

link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the same video once more phage.... it's even titled "Missile Launch?" can you prove it's not?

even if... it does not look like what we have off California

the plume is way different... Zorgon has come close i Think but the sunset conditions are quite different...

My take on Zorgon's pics are yes they are contrails but still are not like what we are looking at here

link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Fox news Rick Leventhal. I'm listening to it live. Want the source? turn on the news.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They say cut all military funding thats crazy while the rest of the world loads up.. This missile is a test of some kind i do not believe we are under attack

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The Chinese wouldn't get past Hawaii - there's a reason the US made it the 50th state and filled it with military, to protect the mainland from the western enemies.

At the top of thread, I'm calling it a dog & pony show for a new arms contract.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
have any those missiles exploded anywhere yet?

any report on that ?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
could be it was a "DRILL" sequence aboard a sub.

maybe the "DRILL" software malfunctioned and really launched a missile.

then we see a self-destruct action ?

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join