It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm Canadian we dont believe anything the pentagon tells you guys,alot of americans are so deeply brain washed its scary.
Not saying we are not a nation of sheep either...
But when this crap happens and people are all ready saying oh just contrails from a plane,get bent look at that thing show me a plane that can make that huge twisting contrail???

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Seemingly Random Movie Quote of the Day

“We will pass through the American patrols, past their sonar nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their rock and roll... while we conduct missile drills….” Cptn Ramius...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

"The question that there is no answer for"
Why would I attempt to answer such a question?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well, NORAD is calling it a missile, launched to the west. North from Catalina Island. Still no certainty on what, or why.
Still watching Fox news.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
If anyone remembers the movie "The Day After" from The Eighties, before the nuclear war events like this occurred, and in the movie there were no explanations given to the people.

The people just went about their daily lives until the attacks happened.

I will NOT be one of those people.
edit on 9-11-2010 by windwaker because: to fix a misspelling.

That movie was pretty good, I remember borrowing it from a friend, haha.

It's making me nervous that something like this would happen, and it appears that the media is finally reporting on it form what I've seen so far.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by Phage

at this point i think okums razor would suggest missile launch, when looking at the location, the video, i find it hard to believe that a day after the fact worldwide media has been duped into reporting about a plane taking off or landing.

I'm not saying that it is. But the light could be the sun reflecting off of the skin of an airplane. I've seen that happen a lot.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436
I largely agree with the above poster. NORAD knows with certainty the exact launch location, the TYPE of missile/rocket, the initial trajectory and the exact impact point (or orbital characteristic if a space launch). It more that likely has more than one radar track on it plus what the DSP satellites can do.

Indeed. If anything is in the skies over the tracked zone (and this area is well within that), then NORAD definitely knows about it. Just because a NORAD spokesperson says they don't know, doesn't mean they don't know. They do know and they are not saying.

link   
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

More of the same, LA Times...

link   
It is a missile NORAD is acting like they do not know.

Fox news reporting it is a missile.

Im sure it was a TOP secret test.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

This is the bit that tickles me...

"At this point, until we know more information about what it may have been, there is not alarm," Lapan said. "But that could change depending on what we find out."

Now... An 80-year-old grandmother can fart in a security checkpoint and shut down an entire airport. A first-grade kid can bring a butterknife to school by accident and lockdown the whole campus.

But a mysterious "big missile" launched without warning off the California coast is no reason to raise the alarm, right?

You tell ME what's wrong with this country.

— Zesko Whirligan

link   
Just now on Fox, they're saying they have a Pentagon source that says it was definatley a missle possibly launched by a secret sub, and NORAD confirms it was moving westward AWAY from the coast.

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by daveincanada

Tell me.
Would you have believed it if the Pentagon had said it was a jet contrail?

edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

sorry phage i always thought you a person of reason and cool thinking , but i don't know if youve just debunked so many threads thats its just natural now or if your really over tired, but for you to try and debunk this as an airplane has really made me start to question your credability in my mind.

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Endure

"The question that there is no answer for"
Why would I attempt to answer such a question?

Ok you got me. So at least you agree there is no good explanation for that aspect of this?

link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

video of explanation supporting phage.

i guessing phage is the guy they contacted on msnbc

link   
Just updated a few minutes ago from what I can tell

Military and aviation officials said Tuesday they don't know who may have launched a mysterious object spotted in the sky late Monday off the Southern California coast, but noted that whatever the projectile was, it did not pose a threat to national security.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
I basically stopped listening to Phage ages ago after I realized that somehow he was an expert in geometry, geology, meteorology, theoretical, practical, astro, nuclear and rocket physics, astronomy, plate tectonics and rocket science.

I mean, seriously, how the hell are you supposed to keep up with the equivalent of Dr. Who?

yep I would agree with that assessment.
star for you

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/114215b74850.jpg[/atsimg]

as you can see from this photo, this missile
contrail changes heading 3 times. See the
angles in the exhaust. It went right, then right again
then went back left. This is comparable to a guidance
system on a missile making minor adjustments
in trajectory. If this was done on a commercial
aircraft, you would be scrapping passengers
off the walls.

Also note, there is only 1 contrail.
What commercial aircraft only has
1 jet engine??? NONE !!! But a missile
only has 1.

Phage is wrong
no offense

edit on 11/9/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarification

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So now it's a Missile, But we dont know from who??? Ok That says one thing for sure, It wasn't from your selves, It was from another country,WHAT Country just *snip* HUGE, Thats right Iran were lookin at you....

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 9/11/10 by argentus because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/11/10 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Some people are saying missile, some people are saying jet/plane, if we combine those two ideas you'd come close to something like the X37-B. Maybe what was witnessed was an attempt at getting one of those into space via a submarine launch, its not exactly a behmoth of a vehicle.

Just another whacky speculation of course.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I suggest all PR people representing the military, pentagon, etc be FIRED

All they needed to say was: We know what this is - it is classified and we can not release the information.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join